TTC after 35
Options

TTC distraction - Halloween Costumes when you were younger?

jennh75bjennh75b member
edited November 2016 in TTC after 35
So what costumes did you wear growing up?  Pics are always welcome, too!  Back in the day, they didn't have all of these Halloween stores, you either bought some generic plastic costume/mask at Kmart, or you made it yourself.

Here's what I can remember:
Raggedy Ann (my brother was Andy - my mom made the costumes)
Tweety Bird - one of those plastic ones with the half masks with the elastic band you got from Kmart
A hula girl (I had to wear a sweater and jogging pants with it since I lived in PA - very lame)
A cheerleader that was all pink (because I had a pleated pink skirt and a pink sweater already, I just put some random letter in red on the sweater and bought pom poms)
An Indian (back then, it was an Indian, today Native American) - my mom made the costume and wig, too
A witch - I used the black wig from the Indian costume

That's about all I can remember.

I've only dressed up a handful of times as an adult.  I was a flapper a few times, a princess type costume, a 70's disco chick a couple of times, and yeah, that's about it.

**Edited to add a pic - here's me in the most recent ones - a Flapper, then H was a nerd and I was a 70's girl...and the Raggedy Ann & Andy from 1977 (I was 2)

Me: 41
Husband: 40
TTC#1 since 9/2014
Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally

Re: TTC distraction - Halloween Costumes when you were younger?

• Options
    my mom made mine when I was little.  I remember being raggedy ann, dorothy, snow white, scarlet from gone with the wind.  I haven't dressed up since DD was born.  The first year DH and I dated we went to a halloween party.  I was a school girl stripper and he was a gold pole.  classy I know :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    PoeMasquePoeMasque member
    edited October 2016
    Yay I love Halloween! These are the costumes I can remember: rainbow bright (my mom sewed an AMAZING costume for this), super man (all three kids were superman), a butterfly, dead cheerleader, Doctor that's been shot, an evil spirit form a Native American legend, zombie Marie Antoinette, this year my SO and I were Burt Macklin and Janet Snakehole from parks and rec. the three below are princess peach, tippy hedron from the birds, and frida kahlo. 

Edited due to hitting submit on accident! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PoeMasque  - Great cotumes!!!  Very unique and creative...and love the unibrow!!!!!

@vlagrl29 - very classy indeed!!!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    My mom made awesome costumes.  I was raggedy ann too and here I am as the world's creepiest clown.  Yikes.  This costume actually made me break out in a rash.  

History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @jennh75b I debated posting that picture. didn't want you guys to get the wrong idea about me :) I was 28 so it was a while ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jennh75bjennh75b member
    edited October 2016
    @vlagrl29 - no wrong ideas or judgment here!  I think most girls like to do at least one risque costume at some point in their lifetime!  I used to be very heavy so could never pull those off.  Now that I'm at a weight where I could pull it off, I feel I'm a little too old for it.  

@laurad75 - definitely creepy!!!  that sucks it made you have a rash, though.  
    TTC#1 since 9/2014