2nd Trimester

Acetaminophen butilbital caffine tablets

14weeks, are these safe to take while pregnant? My doctor prescribed me these last week for my horrible migraines and I have taken 2 within a week or so. He said only take when I need too. But doing my own research people are saying they heard it can cause miscarriage. Anyone else take these while pregnant and are okay and baby is okay? I'm done taking them but I wanted to hear what others have to say? Please comment very worried over here. 

Re: Acetaminophen butilbital caffine tablets

• 14weeks, are these safe to take while pregnant? My doctor prescribed me these last week for my horrible migraines and I have taken 2 within a week or so. He said only take when I need too. But doing my own research people are saying they heard it can cause miscarriage. Anyone else take these while pregnant and are okay and baby is okay? I'm done taking them but I wanted to hear what others have to say? Please comment very worried over here. 
    I would trust your doctor before google. If you have concerns why didnt you ask your doctor about them before taking the medicine?

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Sarcasm101
    Because I didn't look it up until after because I figured doctor said it is fine is it safe. But I'm skeptical anyway before taking any medication but I trusted the doc. Now I'm worried because I've been having little twinges all day..
  • Loading the player...
  • @Sarcasm101
    Because I didn't look it up until after because I figured doctor said it is fine is it safe. But I'm skeptical anyway before taking any medication but I trusted the doc. Now I'm worried because I've been having little twinges all day..
    I am not sure what you mean by "twinges" but if you are worried call your dr. 

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

• @babymama03252016

I can understand not asking when the doctor prescribed them. That being said, I would highly suggest calling your doctor and talking to him / her about it you concerns and what you're experiencing / feeling when taking them. Your doctor knows you & your medical history and can give better / more accurate advice on this than internet strangers can.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I have taken this combo drug for headaches but not while I was pregnant. not because of any issues, just because my headaches are partially hormonal and I didn't have any while pregnant (which was a bonus, as they are blinders). I agree with PP's if you are concerned you should address this with your doctor, who went to medical school and has knowledge and resources random Internet strangers do not 
  • ShannonJ96ShannonJ96 member
    edited November 2016
    My OB said they are safe to take, but be aware that they are a class C drug. There are some risks if you are taking them all the time. My new neurologist actually threw a fit when she saw that they had been prescribed to me in the first place because butalbital is a barbiturate and its addictive. If you're worried, talk to your doctor about switching to something safer. There are class A drugs for migraines.
    I was on them for the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy and have had zero issues. My baby and I are perfectly healthy.
  • I'm not a doctor, but the combo you described could be Fioricet, which my OB okayed for migraines during pregnancy. I take them sparingly, and only when absolutely necessary. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers