2nd Trimester

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ANTERIA PLACENTA PROBLEM?

I found out I'm having a boy but when they did routine ultrasounds they found out my placenta is in from of my baby instead of the back and now I'm scared I won't feel my baby :( 

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Re: ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ANTERIA PLACENTA PROBLEM?

• I was told at my 20 week ultrasound I had one as well and wouldn't be feeling much for a while and now at 24 weeks I feel her everyday! You'll feel her soon :)
  • I am 30 weeks and there is still a "zone" I don't feel any movement in because of anterior placenta. It's crazy to see baby kicking like crazy on an ultrasound and feel none of it. But, I feel movement down lower and more on my sides/ribs. You will still feel baby move, but it might not be as intense or strong as some people describe. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • With baby #1 I did not have an anterior placenta and felt movements starting around 14 weeks. As time progressed, I could see all of his moves even through layers of sweaters, etc. Everything was very dramatic and clear. It looked like I had an alien in there. People could see him across the room and were totally freaked out! With baby #2, I had an anterior placenta. It was much less fun, but I definitely still felt her! I just had to wait a good bit longer, like around 18 weeks. The movements were duller and broader; less sharp and precise. But there were still plenty of them to feel and they still got annoying at the end!

Jury's out on baby #3 but I'm already 15 weeks and don't really feel anything yet, plus when they listened for the heartbeat at 12 weeks it "sounded very far away." So I think I might have an anterior placenta again, which I consider to be a bummer. I find movements to be the best part of pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD, now 3, came with an anterior placenta. I felt her just fine, but it started late, 23w maybe? From what I hear from others I probably felt a little less than they did, but she never kept me awake! 

• I have anterior placenta and felt the baby regularly since 20+1.  Dont worry :)
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)