Infertility
Options

Introduction (first IVF planned for Dec)

Hello all! I'm fairly new to the community here. I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post. I'm looking forward to developing some connections with women who understand what we're going through.

DH and I have been married for 4 years and have been TTC for 1.5 years. Our diagnosis is no diagnosis... unexplained infertility. I'm 31 and DH is 32.
Our RE has recommended our first IVF for mid-December. Retrieval will be sometime between the 18th and 21st depending on follicle maturation. That'll mean our fresh transfer of a 5 day blast will be right around Christmas. Our RE is recommending a single embryo transfer. DH and I have not decided if we want to do a single transfer or 2. Anyone have any thoughts? It's such a difficult decision. But then, most of this journey is difficult.
I'm currently waiting for AF to start so I can begin BCPs until the stim cycle starts.
Anyone else out there currently planning on  Christmas transfer?
XF to all in whatever stage of treatment you're in. 
Me: 31 DH: 32
Maine, USA
TTC #1 since June 2015
Acupuncture (off and on) + OPKs 6/15-8/16 all BFNs
RE appt 8/16
HSG - normal
AMH- 0.697ng/ml DOR

DH's SA: perfect
Genetic screening: ME: cystic fibrosis carrier DH: not CF carrier
Clomid + IUI 9/24/16 BFN
RE consult: 10/20/16 IVF recommended
BCPs 11/4/16 Antagonist cycle with Gonal-F, hCG, Ovidrel trigger, Cetrotide, & Endometrin. 
4 follicles from 14mm to 24.5mm
ER 12/23: 3 eggs, 2 fertilized
ET 12/28: 2 5day blasts, transferred 1 froze 1
Beta #1 1/7/16 216.3!!! 

Re: Introduction (first IVF planned for Dec)

• Options
    Hi and welcome!!! 

I think there are a few ladies on here who will be doing December IVF! 

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Options
    Hi there.  I'm doing December IVF with retrieval around Christmas.  We won't be doing the embryo transfer for a few months though since we are doing PGS testing this time around.  Good luck!

me:41 dh:42
    me:PCOS, blocked left fallopian tube, hyperprolactinemia  (dh's swimmers are perfect/normal)
    Tried 3 rounds of clomid with Ovidrel trigger (BFNs)
    May/June 2016 IVF   6/1 ER 7 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized via ICSI  6 embryos made it to blasts.
    6/6 2 AA embryos transfered, 4 BBs frozen
    Beta 6/18  -- BFN
    FET #1 August 22 BFN
    Dec 2016/Jan 2017 Round 2 was a bust. 6 eggs, Only 1 embryo made it, no transfer
    FET #2 cancelled 10/17 due to uterine polyps. Postponed until 9/2018 due to hip replacement.

FET #3 9/11/18 Uterine scratch and antihistamine protocol/lovenox done this time. 2 AA hatching blasts put in.  BFP 9/20/18!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sleepyrn We were strongly considering doing PGS testing as during our pre-treatment testing we discovered that I am a carrier for cystic fibrosis. My husband tests negative for the gene mutation but they only test for 200 of the 1000+ mutations that can lead to CF so there is a VERY small chance that DH could be a carrier as well. We decided that we would try one cycle without PGS since the risk is so low. We'll revisit the need for PGS for a second cycle, if necessary. We're still stuck on the number of blasts to transfer. I'm leaning toward 2 right now in order to optimize our chances of success... best of luck and stay in touch. :smile:
    Maine, USA
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    RE appt 8/16
    HSG - normal
    AMH- 0.697ng/ml DOR

Clomid + IUI 9/24/16 BFN
    BCPs 11/4/16 Antagonist cycle with Gonal-F, hCG, Ovidrel trigger, Cetrotide, & Endometrin. 
    Beta #1 1/7/16 216.3!!! 

• Options
    Hi & Welcome!

I forgot to ask my RE the question about 1 or 2 transfer but I have a sneaking suspicion this will only want to transfer 1. Given they option, I may have considered 2 but need to look into the risks etc.

There are some other ladies doing FET/IVF in December so you won't be alone :) 

Good luck!

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @babymish Our RE (as well as the whole clinic we go to) recommend ET of a single embryo. "Elective Single Embryo Transfer". There are certainly more risks with a twin pregnancy than a singleton, that's certainly a consideration. I've been burning up google trying to be as informed as possible to make the best decision. I've done the success rate calculator on SART.org since there's some really great information there. 48% chance of a live birth with 1 cycle of 1 embryo, 57% with 1 cycle with 2 embryos and a 39% chance of it being a multiple pregnancy. Gah! The whole infertility process is decision after decision after decision. And here we are trying to make another one.
    I see in your signature that you start stimming next week! That's so exciting. FX so tightly for you. I'll be following your progress with the meds. I'm wondering what that is going to be like and what the side effects are like. Best wishes!
    Maine, USA
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    RE appt 8/16
    HSG - normal
    AMH- 0.697ng/ml DOR

Clomid + IUI 9/24/16 BFN
    Beta #1 1/7/16 216.3!!! 

• Options
    Thanks for that info @JMScott12, there are just so many things to consider aren't there? and yes, everything is a massive gamble. Although I forgot to ask, I'm pretty sure my clinic will want to go with one and I have to just put my trust in them I think because they definitely know more than me :S.

Yes, I start at the end of next week :) I'm excited to get it moving, I'll be sure to post updates! I will be using Gonal-F too in the first part so will let you know how that goes!

IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!!! My RE forbids more than 1 transfer unless you are over 40.
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Options
    Hi @JMScott12 - Welcome! How exciting to be underway for your first IVF... although I know it's likely mixed emotions. I'd highly recommend 1 for your first transfer unless you are highly comfortable with the risks associated with twin pregnancy etc. That being said, I've transferred 2 each time, but our first time it was due to the fact that we had to do a day 3 transfer since we weren't sure out few embryos would make it to day 5. It's totally a personal choice though, and since then we've transferred 2 each time without success unfortunately. FX for you! <3
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    hi @JMScott12, welcome!! I'm in the same boat with you for December IVF! We just had our consult yesterday and are moving right along. I was able to start BCP last night and the nurse is estimating my retrieval to be around December 7th. I am going to be on the Lupron Protocol but I don't know any other specifics yet as she is working on my calendar now! 

We are likely going to be transferring only one because we were told our chances of twins is between 40-45%...just a little too high for our comfort. 

Best of luck to you!!! 
    July - September 2016 - 3 negative IUIs
    December 2016 IVF cycle - 12 retrieved, 5 fertilized, 2 frozen, 1 transferred
    August 2017 - baby boy
    September 2019 - FET cancelled due to thin lining (tried pills)
    November 2019 - FET cancelled due to thin lining (tried patches)
    February 2020 - FET February 6, EDD 10/25/2020

• Options
    @LoweeeK DH and I have put lots of thought into the number of embryos to transfer and we've come to the same conclusion as you: play it safe and transfer 1. I'm still waiting for AF to arrive so I can start BCPs. DH travels for work so we are scheduling our cycle around his availability so that puts us a couple of weeks behind you. Keep us updated on your progress, best of luck!!!!
    Maine, USA
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    RE appt 8/16
    HSG - normal
    AMH- 0.697ng/ml DOR

Clomid + IUI 9/24/16 BFN
    Beta #1 1/7/16 216.3!!! 

• Options
    @JMScott12 thank you for starting this thread!  I will be doing a fresh transfer in December as well!  I am currently on BCPS and am anxiously waiting (until the end of November) to start stims.  
    Me: 35, DH: 35
    Married Since: 2010
    IVF ICSI
    Fresh Cycle: 8/17/16 BFN 8/27/16
    Hysteroscopy & Endometrial Biopsy: 9/9/2016
    FET: 10/14/2016 BFN 10/28/2016

• Options
    @babymish how is stimming going for you! looks like you're right in the thick of things!! FX!!

@JMScott12 and @Kaa please keep us posted on your progress!

I start Lupron next Tuesday, 11/15 with stims (Follistim and low dose HCG) on 11/26. Just got off the phone with the pharmacy and all my meds should arrive tomorrow! Yesterday was my mock transfer and sonohysterogram and everything checked out as normal...! I am getting anxious! 

August 2017 - baby boy

• Options
    @LoweeeK I am on day 8 of my cycle now  (day 7 of swimming) and yeah things are moving along! I am feeling pretty bloated and my lower back started aching yesterday which I am told is normal. When they did my 2nd scan earlier this week I have 4 larger follies but they weren't huge, and around 16/18 others. 

They put my gonal-F dosage up to 300iu and that seems to have given things a boost. At my scan today I had 5 dominant follies between 14mm-17mm, 10 around 10mm and 10 little ones. 4th Scan is booked in for Monday :)

IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Ladies-  How is everyone feeling?   I started a microdose of Lupron tonight.  I went in for blood work and and ultra sound and was a little surprised for the portal message to tell me to start with the meds.  I thought I had to wait for AF to arrive.  I guess I was wrong!  I am happy to start!!
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    @Kaa - my Lupron and BCP were overlapped and started before AF too. I am feeling okay - I started 10 units of Lupron daily on Tuesday continued until next Saturday when it drops down to 5 units and then the Follistim and Low Dose HCG are both started. Yesterday was my last BCP so I am expected for AF to show tomorrow or Tuesday. The only annoying thing for me at this point is the constant headache which I read is common with Lupron. I've also got a bunch of little bruises on my stomach from the injections, but can't really complain about that! I go in on Wednesday for a "pre stim" US and blood work! 

August 2017 - baby boy

• Options
    @LoweeeK   I have a nagging headache!  I get them when AF is coming and was hoping it was that and not the Lupron! :|  Have you done anything to find relief? I started Follistim this morning and it was fine! I go in Wednesday too!  Good luck!  
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    @Kaa I have taken some Tylenol but that has not helped so far. I did get a massage this weekend that was focused on only my neck and upper back which I think helped a lot. My headache might have been a combo of the Lupron and extremely tight neck muscles. It's still hanging there, but not nearly as bad as Thursday or Friday last week. I was in bed at 7:30PM on Thursday!  :o
    August 2017 - baby boy

• Options
    @LoweeeK I called my clinic and she told me it is common for some women to get bad headaches the first few days on their cycle.  I am hoping it is that. Better today  :) I hear you about going to bed early!  I have been too!  My dog loves it! 
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    How are you girls doing in your cycle since last week? I'm currently Day 6 of stimming! Anyone get to egg retrieval yet? I'm on 175 follistim and 75 menopur. Sleeping like 9 hours a night! Already bloated
  • Options
    KaaKaa member
    edited November 2016
    @kangastein I am feeling bloated too!  Leggings and sweats for me when I am not working!  :)  I am on Follistim, Menopur and Lupron!  I have also found that I am absolutely exhausted!  If I keep progressing like I am, I am expecting my retrieval to be by the end of the week!
    Good Luck!  
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    @kangastein so far, so good for me, although I'm only on day 3 of stimming. I'm waiting to hear from the nurse if my Follistim dosage is going to be adjusted today (I've done 250 the last 2 days), and also on low dose HCG and Lupron! 
    August 2017 - baby boy

• Options
    @kaa @loweeeK sounds like you girls are progressing well! I'm so eager for my monitoring tomorrow to find out if my left ovary has responded and if I can expect a retrieval this week or next! How are all your follicles looking, about the numbers you were expecting? 
  • Options
    @kangastein how did your monitoring go?  

I have had an eventful few days!  I found out yesterday that I am going in for my retrieval tomorrow!  I am a few days early (from the possible schedule my RE's office gave me/I was wrong in my earlier post..I counted days wrong!) and the RE mentioned that she is concerned that my estradiol level jumped from 1769 to 2880 in 48 hours.  She put me on some medication for that.  She also mentioned freezing the embryos and waiting a little while before transferring them.  I would be lying to say I wasn't bummed about that.  I have to look at it as another bump in the road and that this all is happening for a reason! 
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    @kaa my monitoring is going well, I have 4 on the left and a bunch on the right! Looks like Saturday retrieval now. That's so exciting your going in for retrieval! Good luck! I've read enough that says waiting a month to do frozen may be better because your hormones will be more level and the cycle is more natural. But I am debating the same thing at the moment because I want to PGD my embryos.
  • Options
    Thank you for the well wishes @kangastein!  It went well.  I am sore today but I was sore for a good week after the last retrieval!

Best of luck to you for tomorrow!
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    How many did you get @kaa? Let me know how they develop!!
  • Options
    Sorry I have been MIA @kangastein!  They retrieved 7, 6 were mature, 5 were able to be fertilized and we now have 4! :)  I am thrilled!  How was your retrieval?
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    @kaa that's great! We got 20 eggs but ended up with two embryos which we transferred a few days ago! Did you PGS or just freeze?
  • Options
    @kangastein we froze the embryos.  I meet with my re this week to see what is next.
      Fingers crossed for you!!! How are you feeling?  
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    @kaa I'm hanging in there, trying to stay positive! Let me know how the appt goes!
  • Options
    @kangastein my appointment went well. We are waiting for after my next cycle and will do a fet.  We will be transferring two embryos.  How are you?
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    @kaa I got a positive beta!! Fx this FET is the one for you too! I needed this good luck after my year
  • Options
    @kangastein congratulations!  I am so happy for you!! Thank you for the well wishes!
    IVF ICSI

• Options
    @kangastein YES!! Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you!!!
    August 2017 - baby boy