Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC and Active Athletes Weekly (10/24)

There seemed to be some really great discussions happening here last week - should we all check in and see who else wants to join in and ask questions/commiserate?

What sport(s) are you doing?

How much have you been doing this week?

Do you have a big event coming up?

Questions?

GTKY: What is your go-to recovery food?
Me: 30 DH: 30
Dating: 12/21/2001
Married: 09/08/2012
TTC: 09/2016
BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

Re: TTC and Active Athletes Weekly (10/24)

• What sport(s) are you doing? Primarily running now, but still getting a few late season rides in. Also need to convince myself to go back to the gym.

How much have you been doing this week? Not as much as I want (life has been crazy). Got a 30 mile ride and a hike in over the weekend, and a short, 2 mile run yesterday. Hoping to get a few more runs in this week, depending on weather. And yeah, I need to get back to the gym!

We have a trail run/mountain bike relay on November 5. Today is the 5k practice for my Girls on the Run team - I won't be doing much running but it will be fun to cheer them on!

Questions?
    Any other cyclists out there? I'm still trying to find research on pushing yourself on the bike while TTC. Not as big of an issue with winter coming, but I'd still like to know how hard I can push myself on the trainer.

GTKY: What is your go-to recovery food? Depends on the activity, but after a long run/ride, my go to is a smoothie with milk, chocolate protein powder, and half a banana. Though nothing beats a cold beer after a long ride day ;)

• What sport(s) are you doing? Mostly running. Doing cycling, lifting, and Pilates as well. 

How much have you been doing this week? I have a few 3-mile runs scheduled, and a 10K this weekend. 

I'm running a 10K over the weekend. I'm not sure what kind of time goal I'm going to set for myself yet, though. 

Questions? 
    Not any off of the top of my head. 

GTKY: What is your go-to recovery food? Chocolate milk! During the summer, I'll also eat some frozen grapes immediately after a run to cool off. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Woah @RunRestRepeat 30 mile ride! you go! And thanks for getting this started. I was just about to, sor glad you already did! I think we definitely found a needed new board.
    @Spk112 - good luck in your race!

What sport(s) are you doing? running and trying to yoga at home when possible. I know I should do lifting or something besides cardio, bUT I just never know what to do, and I get bored... funny from a runner mmaye, i know.

How much have you been doing this week? next to none. my inlaws are very NOT active, so I barely have made my steps goal (GPS watch) each day. especially with 2 days of 15 hours in the car. 

nope. nothing on the calendar right now.

Questions?
    nothing off the top of my head.

GTKY: What is your go-to recovery food excellent question. does cookies count? if not, then a peanut butter, frozen banana, almomd milk, coffee smoothie. so good!
    DH & I: 27
    Dating: 11/14/2010
    Married: 10/18/2014
    TTC April 2016
    BFP: 5/12/2016 ~ MC: 5/25/2016
  • @KhRun17 I hear you on things other than cardio! I'll run or cycle all day long, but strength is just boring to me. Maybe some of the lifting ladies on here will have some ideas to get motivated!

On a side note, which GPS watch do you have? I have an old TomTom MultiSport, but it's on it's last leg!

• What sport(s) are you doing? Running

How much have you been doing this week? I ran 11 on Sunday.  I'll try to run 2 3-milers during the week (but may only get 1 in) and 7ish this weekend. 

Do you have a big event coming up? I have Disney's Lumiere Challenge in 2 weeks 10k on Saturday and Half on Sunday) 

Questions? Not really. 

GTKY: What is your go-to recovery food? Anything more than 10 miles & I drink chocolate milk.  Anything more than 13 & I get donuts to go with it. 
  • What sport(s) are you doing? running, classpass obsession

How much have you been doing this week? 3 barre classes, 2 spin, 2 runs

Just Disney princess 10k in February but I run that for fun. Thinking of jumping into a 5k On November 19th, Im curious to see how my 5k time is affected by decreasing my long runs and focusing on different classes/strengthening

Questions? 
    Not right now

GTKY: What is your go-to recovery food? immediate recovery after a long race (half marathon or more) I actually really prefer a seltzer water for my stomach. For actual nourishment I like a bagel with peanut butter
    Me: 32, DH: 31
    Together: 11/2008, married: 3/2014
    DH: Type 1 Diabetes, (dx 4/15) Celiac Disease (dx 11/14), Treatment induced Neuropathy of Diabetes (dx 7/15)
    DH SA: 11/16: low count and low motility
    DH SA: 12/16: borderline low, count and motility
    1/20/17: BFP, 1/24/17: CP
    5/17:low AMH (0.89)
    6/17: first IUI cycle, 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI: 2 follies, BFN (count 58 million, 97% motility)
    7/17: second IUI, 2.5 letrozole, OPK, IUI: 1 follie, BFN (count 9.5 million swimming- dont know percentage)
    8/17: third IUI, 5.0 letrozole, 

• @spk112 Yum - I've never thought to do frozen grapes after a run!
    @purplg8r Donuts are always a good call :)
    @WillRunForWine21 I keep hearing about classpass - my SIL loves it. Unfortunately it's not in my city yet :'(

• What sport(s) are you doing? running/gym classes

How much have you been doing this week? ran 3 miles on Monday, 2 yesterday, and hopefully another 3 today! Trying out a barre class tomorrow :)

just a few 5ks here and there

Questions? 
    none 

GTKY: What is your go-to recovery food? oatmeal with chocolate protein powder and honey!

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• @RunRestRepeat - I have a Garmin Forerunner 15 and love it! It's a tiny bit bulky, but any GPS watch really is.
    @WillRunForWine21 - cool! Barre?! What is that like?! I've been super interested, but haven't ever tried it.
    @Purplg8r - you're a running fiend! Go girl! Your races all sound like a blast! Have fun with them all.
    DH & I: 27
    Dating: 11/14/2010
    Married: 10/18/2014
    TTC April 2016
    BFP: 5/12/2016 ~ MC: 5/25/2016
  • @KhRun17 I am in love with barre! It is actually really hard (when you do an hour of high intensity cardio it becomes easy to think you're invincible but those 2 and 3 pound weights really burn especially when you do 57092860785 reps. There are a ton of plies at the barre and stuff to make your butt burn so bad. The ab portions of class really focus on lower abs and honestly I have seen a difference in 4 weeks of going. Id suggest it if you have been interested!! @haylsbayls did you go to your class? did you like it?
    DH: Type 1 Diabetes, (dx 4/15) Celiac Disease (dx 11/14), Treatment induced Neuropathy of Diabetes (dx 7/15)
    6/17: first IUI cycle, 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI: 2 follies, BFN (count 58 million, 97% motility)
    7/17: second IUI, 2.5 letrozole, OPK, IUI: 1 follie, BFN (count 9.5 million swimming- dont know percentage)

• @WillRunForWine21 Sorry just seeing this! I did! I've done a few pure barre classes before but this was the first one run by my gym. It was different but I am feeling it all over today. I am not a huge fan of yoga/stretching but it was a good way to incorporate stretching as my legs definitely need it. Have you done barre?

• @haylsbayls I am currently obsessed. I have a classpass/groupon addiction and always use it to try new things but I am actually settling on barre I think. I go to a Bar Method studio and I am so impressed with their adjustments, nitpicking of form and focus on alignment (I'm a physical therapist so I can be very frustrated with general classes that can put people in unsafe positions) and I feel like it hits all the muscles it needs to hit- those deep abs and glut med (so crucial to keep in good form for running/low back issues)

• @WillRunForWine21  I am so jealous that you get to use classpass! I think I read before that you are in NYC, which is the perfect spot for it. I'm from east coast and my friends could go on forever with the list of classes you can take. I am currently in Denver and there's hardly any fun (new, different) gyms here, let alone ones that participate in classpass. I did the free week just to try pure barre for free, haha. But I agree about barre hitting all the different muscles and I like that it hits those muscles and the hour goes fairly quickly