TTC after 35
Options

TWW: Oct 24 - 30

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!

Re: TWW: Oct 24 - 30

• Options
    I was just getting ready to come on here and write a novel lol - lots of things on my mind and I need to get it out.

I am currently 3 DPO - it feels good to know I'm ovulating for real and that nothing is wrong in that department.  I got cross hairs this morning with the Ovulation right where I thought it was the day of temp drop.  So basically I get my positive OPK the day before I ovulate.  Now I'm in the LP.  Because I ovulated late I'm not sure if my period will be late now.  It's due to come on Halloween or possibly November 2nd based on a 30 day cycle.

Last week was really stressful for me on the BD department.  DH was very busy with his project and the 2 times we did BD I felt it was forced and not romantic at all.  TMI but he felt the pressure too and basically had to use his hand to get to that point and then put it inside me.  Our timing was ok - it was on -2, O, and +2.  Last night DH was really in the mood to BD but I knew on 2 days past O was worthless so almost most of the time I was thinking about how come that couldn't have been on -1 or +1.  

Now on a final note I feel I'm going crazy and this TTC is affecting my outlook and mood.  I think this is mainly because I was hoping last week we wouldn't have to force BD and now I'm already looking onto cycle 6 and hope its not as busy.  When we were trying for DD life was a lot different and now I feel life is forcing us to schedule BD.  I had horrible TTC dreams last night that I had to go thru fertility treatment which I know is not horrible but the stress is carrying over to my dreams and I feel like I'm negative a lot about all this stuff lately.  Anyone have advice that feels the same way? I almost feel I want to take a break but I know that I'm 36 so time is not on our side.  Sorry to be a debbie downer today.  Thinking of doing a bit of yoga today to snap out of it.

@Momifbysea - how are your RE appts?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 3 DPO/CD 16.  We tried our very first IUI this cycle with clomid.  We did it a day later than they said to thanks to H's difficulty in taking off of work on the desired day, but we said why not at least try even if it's a day late.  The sperm count seemed to impress the doctor and nurse at 130 million, so I guess we have that going for us.  We also BD the next morning just for extra insurance.  We thought it was good luck that we had the procedure done at the hospital I was born.  After taking a month off, I'm not feeling too BSC, but it is still early.  :)  They are making me get a blood test 15 days after the IUI regardless if I get a period or not.  
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jennh75b - is he taking stuff for his sperm.  That's a ton of sperm!
  • Options
    Fx for both of you @jennh75b and @vlagrl29!

sounds like you both ended up with decent timining and well done to your DH on the sperm count @jennh75b!

today is 12dpo. Other than slightly sore bbs I have zero symptoms this cycle.AF is due tomorrow, but im wondering if the 50mg of progesterone will delay AF....I asked and my OB said it wouldn't, but he also put me on a really low dose (the recommended dose for endometrial support for implantation is 200mg), so I don't know if he knows what he's talking about haha. 

I did POAS last night because I'm leaving town tomorrow and wanted to be able to tell my SO before I left if I was KU, BFN of course, so now I wait for AF.....unless she doesn't come because of the suppositories....yay! (boo!) 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    good luck @PoeMasque - hope AF doesn't come for you for good reasons.  With DD I didn't get a positive test until I was 4 weeks pregnant.  The good thing about temping is seeing the temps stay high for me next time.  Kinda takes out the guess work.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 hooray for ovulating, that should at least be one stress relief! 

And thanks for asking about my RE 
    appts... today was my third time driving there in two weeks. Had the HSG and Dr. gave me two thumbs up on that. I'll go back Nov. 7 to discuss results from my blood work and ultrasound but he said jist of it all was good.

@poemasque hey you never know, I've heard lots of cases where tests may show positive at a later date.

@jennh75b great news on sperm count and for having your first IUI! Thinking positive thoughts for you.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea glad everything is looking good on your end.  Just curious do they give your DH a sperm count?
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 he hasn't done his test yet- he's been really busy with work. But they will do a count if/when he gets his sample in. Hoping he follows through!
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 - no, H doesn't take anything.  He tried taking CoQ10 but he claimed it made him feel funny.  I thought the count was insane, as he's had two SAs and both were in the 60-70 million range.  But I read the highest typically goes to 300 million.  And you are not "too old" to afford to take a mental break.  I'm 5 years older than you are, and I took a break last month and it has really help reset things for me.  BSC level is at zero.  As much as I like coming here to read everyone's updates, provide support, etc., sometimes posting/logging on here can make the BSC level rise, simply from focusing on TTC too much.  And when the forced BD gets too much, it totally sucks...so taking a break from that for a month will make it much more exciting later on.  

Great news so far @Momifbysea!  It's good to know some news throughout the process and that so far everything is looking good.

@PoeMasque  - So sorry for the BFN, but until AF arrives, I'm still sending you good vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ok, even if AF comes, I'd still be sending you good vibes...but you know what I mean. :)

Thanks ladies for all of the good vibes my way.  Much appreciated!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    @jennh75b - thanks!  I'm going to hit up a noon yoga class.  I think I'm going to stop worrying about it.  I think I started worrying too much when I found out of the 6 month limit for AMA before testing so I feel more pressured.  I'm going to stop logging on to google and freaking out about it.  I do want to still continue temping as I think it's helpful to figure out my cycle.  My brain goes nuts  - the other day I was thinking what if my tubes are clogged up or DH's sprem count is low.  I just remind myself that I need to enjoy my body now.  I could be puking every day like I did with DD and I will miss my body for those 9 months again.  Talked to DH last night and he says he's not stressed because he knows its going to happen and I just need to enjoy now and not try to rush anything.  Sometimes I wish I had his brain lol.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 - resist the urge to Google!!!!!!!!!!  Stay strong!

Funny I just realized I will have the blood test to see if the IUI worked next Friday on my birthday.  So I guess at least I'll know whether I can have a drink for my birthday or not!  I'm hoping NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    Well that yoga class helped me a TON - it just felt so good to get centered.  I've come to the conclusion that it will just happen whenever.  I need to focus on enjoying life right now in this moment with my family and enjoy this body that I have right now.  Instead of worrying if spit will kill off sperm or finding the precise moment to BD.  I don't like the way its affecting my mood.  I like this board because it's less active.  I've lurked at TTGP - lots of action over there but I noticed just lurking and reading put my stress thru the roof.

I hope you don't need to drink either @jennh75b - as for me I thought about drinking tonight lol.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, CD1 today, right on time and started bright and early at 7am! 

For the first time in a year of ttc I lost it. I shut myself in our guest room and just cried. My SO found me and was so supportive, he took me out to lunch today and tried to cheer me up. I HATE crying in front of him and have only done it 3 times (including today). I'm just ready to be done with all this and move on. 

We are working on our RE packet (required before we schedule an appt), but we are both dragging our feet a bit due to the $600 consult fee just to talk about IVF (wtf?) apparently that's just how it works. 

So not my best day, but so glad I have his community to whine to!! 

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque - I'm sorry :(  Does insurance not cover IVF stuff?  That's seems like an awful charge just to talk to a doctor.
  • Options
    @PoeMasque - so sorry about your melt down, but I totally get it and have been right there with you...it sucks, really sucks.  So glad your SO is so supportive about it.  I guess you are definitely decided on doing the IVF?  I recall you saying that your SO wouldn't talk about next steps at one point just like my H so that's why I ask.  

I'm sorry to hear it's so expensive just for the damn consult!!!  

@vlagrl29 - I would say that most insurances, if they do cover any fertility treatment, probably don't even fully cover IVF because it's so expensive.  
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited October 2016
    I had a temp drop below the red line today on my chart.  Does that mean I'm out for this cycle?  I thought they were supposed to stay above the line during LP.
  • Options
    vlagrl29 said:
      I like this board because it's less active.  I've lurked at TTGP - lots of action over there but I noticed just lurking and reading put my stress thru the roof.

I totally agree - I've attempted to be active in other boards but it's just a little too much action for me.  Glad I'm not the only one who feels like that.  Everyone is very friendly, it's just way too much talk about TTC for my sanity.
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    jennh75b said:
    vlagrl29 said:
      I like this board because it's less active.  I've lurked at TTGP - lots of action over there but I noticed just lurking and reading put my stress thru the roof.

I totally agree - I've attempted to be active in other boards but it's just a little too much action for me.  Glad I'm not the only one who feels like that.  Everyone is very friendly, it's just way too much talk about TTC for my sanity.
    yes - they seem like nice ladies but reading it all is just too much for me.  Makes me analyze myself too much and compare.  Those girls that BD every day starting from -4 on - they must be in their 20s and not have kids yet lol.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 - LOL.  Truth be told we rarely BD outside of the FW because we're just so sick of it I think.  It's just sucked the normal sex life right out of us.  I have no kids yet, but I'm old so that's my excuse.
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    @jennh75b - yes we've stopped BDing as of 2 days dpo this month.  I honestly don't think I want to start again until closer to O next month.  It's exhausting, frustrating and stressful all in 1 package :)  My bff lives in NJ close to NY and my other friend is spending 4 days with her next month and it would be nice if I could up and leave and hang out with them.  A little break from it all would be nice.
  • Options
    DD got home from school and brought home some art work and had painted pictures of our family.  1 painting included her, me, DH and the new baby - dang it if only I did have a bean in my belly.  She knows we've been talking about it and she deeply wants a sibling and adores babies.  One day hopefully in gods time I tell myself.