TTC After a Loss
Options

Just started therapy

After having 2 miscarriages this year, I was having a lot of trouble feeling sad and anxious most of the time, and always feeling like I was going to burst in to tears. I started going to therapy on Saturday and I feel like it's really helping. It's just nice to be able to verbalize my fears and worries out loud. I kind of feel like a weight is being lifted off of me as I talk to her and my anxiety feels a little more manageable. I'm going back in a few weeks because she only works a couple of Saturdays a month, but I feel like this is going to help me cope. If you feel like I've been feeling, I would highly recommend trying therapy out, I finally feel a little better. 

Re: Just started therapy

• Options
    I'm glad you found some relief with counseling.  I definitely think it helps 
  • Options
    Glad you found it helpful
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so glad you find it helpful and you have an outlet : )
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    Thank you for sharing! There's nothing wrong with getting help!
  • Options
    I am in therapy too and I think it's a good thing!  If only because it feels like the rest of the world has moved on and I am alone in still crying over the MC.  It gives me an hour a week to talk about it, and my therapist is great about reminding me that our culture is messed up about grief and it's perfectly alright to still be upset about my loss.  I hope it brings you at least a little bit of peace!
  • Options
    I was wondering about therapy... I haven't really grieved openly and haven't felt the need to.  I wonder if this might have a negative impact on my overall well-being.  I come from a very guarded family that isn't warm and fuzzy.  My DH is also not overly emotional.  I might look into therapy even just to quell my anxiety about ttc again.  Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    That was one of the main reasons I started to go, because I feel like TTC again is going to be terrifying when we get pregnant. I don't know how I'm not going to be a basket case.
  • Options
    Glad it's been helpful.  I've been debating going as well.  Talking about it is helpful for me and I figure it would give me an outlet to chat, beyond just friends (many of whom are very kind and understanding, but I'm sure wouldn't choose it as the topic of choice).  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17