1st Trimester
Options

When life gives you lemons

Yesterday I found out I was pregnant. 
I still am in shock.
4 weeks so it doesn't feel real yet. 

But I thought I would share my story, any insight or advice would be wonderful to hear. I'm 29 and was not trying to get pregnant. In 2015 my husband left me, we went through a hell of a divorce which finally "ended" in march this year. I was with my husband for over 7 years and just before our split I was told I had PCOS on top of always having endometriosis.. I was told the journey to get pregnant would be long and complicated one. My husband and I went 2 years with unprotected sex. I had the app to track. I read the countless articles. I was starting to get depressed over it not happening and thinking there was something wrong with me. But then he left ... All my dreams of having a family and the life I planned for came crashing down.

I went to therapy and did all the "right things" with any life changing event. I started dating..
 Mostly horrified by what I was walking into. I spent the later half of 2015 acting more like a 23 yo college girl than a 29 yo. It was fun and I enjoyed it for the time but this summer I felt a shift and I was less emotionally unavailable and actually wanted something real.

Finally I had a good date, good chemistry, all the things I had learned the "red flags" weren't there... He talked more about relationships and girlfriends. Not hookups and one night stands. We had sex and neither of us had anything. I had plan b at home.. Plus I'm thinking in my head I can't just GET Pregnant. Well.. Here I am pregnant. I also never heard from the guy again. He kind of disappeared. At the time it wasn't a big deal.. I'm done chasing men into being with me. I'm divorced I don't need to go through that again. 

But all I can think is Wow... How... What?! 
I peed on so many sticks. Timing was perfect. And nothing! 2 years of nothing!!!! Of crying on the floor mad at myself. Now, I'm pregnant. One night. Less that 20% chance and I'm pregnant. 

I can't share the news yet. I've told 1 person. It's kind of scary being alone but I'm actually excited and amazed. Being a mother has been a dream of mine for so long. With or without a partner... I still have no idea what I'm going to do besides pray that this little one keeps growing. 

Thanks for listening to my story. :) best of luck to everyone out there. Send a little hope my way.

Re: When life gives you lemons

• Options
    Congrats
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    First of all, congrats on finally being pregnant!! I'm definitely one of those people who believes everything happens for a reason. Had you and your husband gotten pregnant, the divorce would have been much harder. So I'm thinking, maybe that just wasn't the right time for you to get pregnant, and now it is. That's my two cents. Again, congrats! :)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I guess it was him! Congrats :-)

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats!