TTC after 35
Options

IUI question...

For those who have done IUI - what does the doc say about BD after the IUI that cycle - yes, no?  I haven't asked and they haven't mentioned it yet, but I'm doing an IUI in about 10+ days and was wondering if you are supposed to BD at all during an IUI cycle.  I know he needs to abstain 2 days prior to the deed, but wasn't sure about after the IUI.
Me: 41
Husband: 40
TTC#1 since 9/2014
Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally

Re: IUI question...

• Options
    I have asked about this specifically and was told to "go for it" as soon/often as we wanted to post IUI

we also didn't think we'd be in town to do one this cycle, so we BD the day before and the lab actually said the only issue with not abstaining for 2-3 days was volume. Our SA this time was actually the best it's ever been! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque - good to know, thanks for the info!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PoeMasque  - So I'm doing the IUI tomorrow.  The problem is, I have gotten my positive on the OPK for months now on CD 13, both with and without clomid.  Today is CD 13.  I had told H that this was a good month to try the IUI because it should fall on a weekend and he wouldn't have to take off work, which is very hard for him to do spontaneously, it's hard for him to even just take a few hours off because they make him take a half a day of vacation, not just an hour.  Well, as my luck would have it, I got my positive yesterday on CD 12.  H told me he was not allowed to take off work today because too many others are already off.  PLUS, we had scheduled workers coming today to do stuff to our house.  So, I'm sure tomorrow is going to be too late, but I figured it's better than nothing at all.  My insurance is paying or else I would probably just not do it at all.  I've had O cramps since last evening and still have them.
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    @jennh75b - sorry about your DH not being able to get off work.  Doesn't it suck when timing is not great.  Hopefully it still works for you even a day later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, how stressful! I agree with you though that if insurance is paying just do it anyway. Maybe you can BD tonight just to get some swimmers in there? 

Also a nice glass of wine and relaxation regardless? Hang in there! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker