2nd Trimester

Gush of Water after I pee- 26 weeks

Hello everyone. I am 26 weeks pregnant and for the past few weeks every time after I urinate I feel a gush of watery discharge. I check and it always has no smell, and it is just watery. I do have sometimes a white discharge but that is normal for me. Like I said this isn't anything new, and I just started worrying because of an article I read today. Is this a normal discharge or should I call my doctor? Little man has been moving, he has kind of slowed down yesterday but that happens sometimes. I think he is a backwards position.

Re: Gush of Water after I pee- 26 weeks

• If you are concerned its amniotic fluid, call your doctor. 

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It could be totally normal, or something else. I would call your dr and see what they say. Always worth it to have peace of mind. Hope it's just regular pregnancy symptoms and nothing else! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If it's been "gushing" for the last few weeks every time you pee then it is probably not amniotic fluid.   My water gushed when it broke and I gave birth to my son just a few short hours later.   Amniotic fluid can absolutely slowly leak over days/weeks but it wouldn't be in noticeable gushes if it's been going on for that long.  
    However, I would suggest calling your doctor just to be safe and put your mind at ease
  • Hello everyone. I am 26 weeks pregnant and for the past few weeks every time after I urinate I feel a gush of watery discharge. I check and it always has no smell, and it is just watery. I do have sometimes a white discharge but that is normal for me. Like I said this isn't anything new, and I just started worrying because of an article I read today. Is this a normal discharge or should I call my doctor? Little man has been moving, he has kind of slowed down yesterday but that happens sometimes. I think he is a backwards position.
    @linzylemonz365

Like PP have said, I would really / strongly suggest talking to your doctor. Each pregnancy is different and what may be normal for 1 person could be bad for another. No use in chancing it. Keep us updated.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Chances are that it's not amniotic fluid... But! When concerned, always call your doc. With my last pregnancy (which was also my first), I had a "omg, what the heck was that" moment and called my doc.... They had me come in for a quick swab test and were able to tell me it was not amniotic fluid. I felt much better. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree, call your doctor.  During my last pregnancy, I thought my water broke at 28 weeks (it didn't), and I was embarrassed about having made a trip to the L&D unit for testing for no reason.  The nurse reassured me that I did the right thing and said that they sometimes see women who don't come in until they have developed an infection that jeapordizes both them and their baby.  She also told me that they see some women who come in on a weekly basis thinking their water has broken when it hasn't, so no need to feel embarrassed if you're worried for nothing.  Bottom line -- don't risk it.