Pregnant after a Loss

GTKY 10/3

Where do/have you lived, what do you love and/or hate about it?

Re: GTKY 10/3

• I picked this one because I hate where I live, especially this time of year so this is in the front of my mind constantly. I live in Florida and I just hate it. It's hot, it's wet, there's weird bugs everywhere, tons of snakes and spiders, including venous ones. The water smells! It doesn't consistently cool down til January and by that time there's nothing fun going on because all the holidays are over. Last year we went to a pumpkin patch with our daughter in the blazing sun. Nothing says "fall is here!" more than sweating under your boobs. Want to rake a pile of leaves for your kid to jump in? Nope, cause it's probably crawling with fire ants. And of course let's not forget the year round mosquitos. On the flip side, because it's a tourist state there's tons of places to go. It's also really nice if you like water activities and fishing. It's got nice beaches and spring fed rivers. My husband and I both grew up in the North East and we plan on returning within the next two years. We've been in FL since 2001, it was fun when I first moved, but it's served its purpose and now it's time to go back home. 
  • Ooh this is one of my favorite subjects! I've lived in Ohio and Massachusetts (just for the past year) as an adult, spent 5 years in Thailand and Malaysia as a kid, and a semester in Hawaii in college. 

I love the city we live in - it's super walkable and full of great restaurants, coffee shops, etc. I hate the weather 6 months out of the year and how expensive it is here. I also hate being so far from my family!

Reading about Florida was good for me, @Bok Bagok, because this is the time of year I start to dread winter, and all the gray, snow, ice, and feeling trapped inside! Good to remember it's not neccesarily better somewhere warmer. (Virginia or NC are more my ideal in terms of a mild winter but not blazingly hot. We are bound by where my husband can get a job, though, and he works in academia.)

A

2010: son born 9/1 

2013: 2 miscarriages + d&cs, both at 10 weeks: April & July

2014: son #2 born 6/29

2016: Baby girl stillborn at 21w6d 4/29 and baby boy stillborn at 20w 3d 11/16

• Loading the player...
  • I've lived in western Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh area) my whole life. I love it because we get all 4 seasons. Fall is my favorite, but I also love winter. But after a few months of snow I'm ready for warm weather again. So I'm glad we have those changes. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• I grew up outside Atlanta, Georgia and hated it - waaaay too much traffic everywhere. Then I lived in Nashville and mostly loved it (it's a much smaller city) but I hated that it got pitch black dark at 4:30 in the winter. Then I moved back to a college town in Georgia and LOVED it. The university kept the city pretty vibrant (new people coming and going all the time) good food, way less traffic (except game days lol). Now I live in upstate South Carolina and I am pretty happy here so far. I'm a small town girl for sure. My one complaint is that we don't have a Target. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I've lived in central Missouri, Southern Missouri, and now Western Missouri. I've always hated the winters here. I don't look forward to the ice storms while pregnant. Hoping I don't fall on my arse. 

Otherwise it's alright. The hills and caves of especially southern MO are pretty. It's nicely equidistant from whatever part of the country I'd like to travel to I guess. 
  • Midwest girl here my whole life. I LOVE having 4 seasons but hate the bitter cold (think -40 in January!) in Jan and Feb.  

@HGRich I hear ya on the ice! I fell on the ice when I was pregnant with DD and ended up having to go in for monitoring because my uterus got "irritable" from the fall. After that I wore these geeky rubber studded things on my boots every time I went outside. Annoying but it worked to give me a little more traction.  Now you got me thinking- where are those, I'm going to need them again this time! 
  • @amwangel That's cool you've had the chance to experience a nice range of places to live. My mom lived in Hawaii and my brother was born there. She always talks about it and how beautiful it is. 
    As for feeling trapped inside during the winter, I feel the same way living here during the summer months. I just can't go outside its so incredibly hot and humid, and I love humidity, but it's too much. FL summer is like the winter in other places, trapped inside. 
    @waterfall213 how bad/long are the winters by you? PA is secretly on my list of places to move to.
  • @waterfall213 how bad/long are the winters by you? PA is secretly on my list of places to move to.
    The winters vary. Last year was a really mild winter. We didn't even need coats on Christmas! That was rare though. Normally it gets cold in November and stays until March/April. Some years we get a few bad snow storms and some years it barely snows.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers