Pregnant after 35

1st trimester symptoms

Hi All! I am 8wks due in May. I just had my intake appt yesterday and it turns out I've gained 7lbs in 8weeks!!! Woah!! Too much! But my appetite is insane! Yet my morning sickness lasts through most of the morning and whenever I get hungry, I immediately get nauseous until I eat. I also think I feel fluttering in the same spot, consistently. This is weird cuz at 8wks it's the size of a raspberry! I shouldn't feel anything yet....is it growing pains?? (Cuz I'm getting so fat so fast??) my DH looked it up and thinks it could be signs of twins!

Re: 1st trimester symptoms

• Liss_37Liss_37 member
    edited October 2016

well I'm carrying twins and I had similar symptoms as you. I was constantly nauseous if I wasn't eating. I needed to eat every 1-2 hours. even in the night I would wake with horrible stomach pains because I needed to eat. I would keep crackers and water on the side of my bed. I found out at an 8 week dating US that I'm having twins which explained a lot :)

I was utterly exhausted all the time, which I still am but not to the same degree thank goodness.

I was in maternity clothes by 10 weeks, and definitely noticeably showing at 12. That being said, I haven't gained any weight yet. But the doctors aren't concerned as I had some extra to begin with lol ;)

That being said, this is my 2nd pregnancy and I only just last week started noticeably feeling the babies move. I think at your current size even if there are two in there, the feelings are probably gas related!

Congrats @melissa11015  and good luck! Keep us updated when you have an US!

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• I have MS all day long , worse is the a.M.  and evenings, and is manageable with carbs and gingerale so I won't be surprised if I gain as well. That ans zero excercise since I'm feeling so crappy.  Looking forward to the MS passing so I can start moving more again. I has an early US and only baby in there for us. Any twins in your family?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We just had our US and it was was just one LO in there (phew!). MS is still pretty bad, I'm at 13 weeks so hopefully it'll be moving on soon. It's worse on the days I have to get up at 5am. I think my body is just mad that I am not letting it sleep in but have to get up for work so it isn't what it is, and I am just 5-10 min later than normal. 
  • Phew, good news!  Have you tried sea bands for the MS? I just tried them for the first time yesterday and they seem to be helping. I also took 2 days off work and have just been getting some couch time which has been a HUGE help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with Veronica76. The seabands are what is keeping me afloat while at work.

I also take 25mg B6. It is well known for controlling morning sickness. More popularly  used overseas in Europe, it is finally gaining popularity here. They put it (in super low doses) in preggo pops and it is one of the ingredients in a Rx'd med from the OB.

My mother used it when carrying me and my sister used it all 4 of her pregnancies. It really worked! It is doing wonders for me too. If I forget to take it, I definitely can tell, as my MS lasts all day long! Yet... I haven't thrown up yet. Just nauseated. If I take the B6, it keeps the nausea down to a manageable level or even gone and it doesn't last all day. 
  • Try candied ginger it helps me with my all day sickness , it shouldn't be called ms