Pregnant after a Loss
Options

PGAL Check In 10-3

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. How far along are you? EDD?

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to:

5. Questions:

6. GTKY: Have you started to think about baby names yet?

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: PGAL Check In 10-3

• Options
    2. How far along are you? EDD? 36w4d, October 27, induction schedule for 10/21

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: Feeling pretty good, sleep is getting more and more uncomfortable. I'm craving all the sweets, only a few more weeks of this GD diet!

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: Meeting this girl!

5. Questions:

6. GTKY: Have you started to think about baby names yet? We have a name picked out but I'm not sharing it since my sister posts here too, lol. We keep names a secret until baby is born in case I change my mind!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    2. 12 weeks, 4/17. 

3. Planning to make an announcement at thirteen weeks which is both exciting and terrifying! 

4. Finding out gender, etc. at 19 weeks. Also, getting the bump and feeling kicks will be amazing. 

6. Yes. I have names I love but DH doesn't and they're so popular I'm not sure if I'll need to rethink. We have time though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

11w5d.   4/19

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    Had a good appt today and the dr found the hb with doppler 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to:
    Feeling baby move! 

5. Questions:  

Yes but im having trouble because I want a name that can be shortened like the other kids. They are Olivia (Liv), Emily (Em), and Tyler (Ty). 
  • Options
    @yolandamunoz Welcome Yoly! 
  • Options
    Thank you @hgrich !
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    5 weeks 2 days; June 3

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    I moved a small table and now I'm freaking out that I shouldn't have and lifting it will cause another loss. I'm basically swinging wildly between elation and panic attacks on the daily about everything :/

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: I have an appointment with my GP Wednesday to confirm the test and go over some questions. Mostly for reassurance, tbh. Then I'm seeing hematologist next week for my Von Willebrands. After that, not too long before the first OB appointment in November!

5. Questions: What do you do for anxiety?

6. GTKY: Have you started to think about baby names yet?  We have a lot of great family names. My mom thinks it's a boy - if it is he'll be a James (Jamie for short). If it's a girl, she'll be Mary Ilse after our two favorite grandmothers ❤️
  • Options
    @andrea0418 I love your names! 
  • Options
    @HgPa I do yoga and it helps me a lot. Even just sitting in the quiet in meditation for 10 min helps too!  Welcome!

welcome @yolandamunoz
  • Options

2. How far along are you? EDD? 14w5d -  3/30/17

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: having an amnio done on 10/13 - also feeling the baby move

5. Questions: 

6. GTKY: Have you started to think about baby names yet? Yup, we found out we are having a boy, his name will be John Morgan. John is my husbands name and Morgan was my maiden name and when I got married to my husband I actually took Morgan and made it my middle name since I never had one. If the baby was a girl we would have named her Julianna Morgan, I'm kinda sad we'll never be able to use that name since this will be our last baby/attempt. Our daughters name is Penelope :)
  • Options
    @1inthehopper breast tenderness came and went for me also, especially the further along I got. I'm 14w5d and now I have almost none.

as far as making the board more active, maybe non PGAL subjects to lighten the mood and get the ball rolling? Like GTKY posts. Maybe also a permanent Intro Post were people can tell their loss story(ies).
  • Options
    @1inthehopper yes--I had sore boobs right at first in week four and five and it kinda went away after that. The nipple tenderness is still there about half the time. But my boobs aren't really sore, just full and bigger, and even that took time. I went from around 7 weeks to 9.5 weeks with like no boob change. If that helps. 

I like those topic ideas too. 
  • Options
    @1inthehopper My breast tenderness has been different with every pregnancy and has also come and gone. It's usually gone by the end of first tri. 

I was also going to suggest some weekly GTKY type posts. We could have something different every day. Like WTF Wednesday were people can vent about whatever. FFC (flame free confessions) on Friday. If anyone thinks of an idea they like please run with it. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Love all these suggestions! Let's just start a few this week and see how it goes! 
  • Options
    Maybe a Weekend Worries thread too where we can judgment free talk about what's worrying our PGAL minds? No matter how ridiculous, as in my case ha! 
  • Options

2. How far along are you? EDD?  12w4d

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: I feel as if I'm in denial.  I don't feel pregnant, I have no connection yet to this pregnancy, It doesn't feel real. Everything happened so fast, and we are both scared out of our minds, and don't even want to talk about it.  It's also putting a cramp in my mom style, and I feel like I'm not being the best mom I can to my 4 year old. 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: Not so much a milestone, but I have a fetal heart study next week at CHOP, looking forward to seeing the baby, and helping me overcome some of my anxiety. 

5. Questions:  Not at this time. 

6. GTKY: Have you started to think about baby names yet?  No. 
    DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• Options
    Do we want to start a thread with the suggested topics and let people take ownership of what topic and what day of the week they'd like to post it? 

@Lady_1981 don't feel bad if you're having trouble connecting. You're not alone! Hang in there. You're not being a bad mom either. You're doing the best you can right now. 
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    edited October 2016
    @1inthehopper Thanks! I love yoga. I found some first tri yoga videos online - I'll make sure to find some time to try them out this week :)
  • Options
    @lady_1981 seriously I could have written that post. I'm 14 weeks and I'm still not attached, at all. I rarely think of the baby, only that it's a pregnancy. If everything works out and I bring home a baby, I don't think I'm going to accept it til the kid is like two years old. Also, with how you are feeling about not being a good mom to your four year old. I feel the same exact way with my daughter who is 2.5. I had her, then two MMCs so with this current pregnancy she has had to endure me going through first trimester funk three times and each time I thought of what a horrible disengaged mother I was being. As if I wasn't feeling bad enough I had to have all that guilt on top of it. It sucks, but you have to try and remember this time will pass, the way your feeling won't be forever, in the big picture it's literally a blink of an eye. It's survival mode at this point and just do whatever you need to to get through the day. For me that meant letting her watch TV and playing on the iPad more than I normally like. Your four year old probably doesn't notice and won't remember either. Now that I'm out of the first trimester (which felt like forever) I'm starting to get some energy back and my head seems a bit clearer, I'm getting back to being the mother I remember. 
    Anyway, the point is you are not alone in how you feel. A lot of us feel this way. 
  • Options
    @1inthehopper I like the weekend worries idea, that's a good one. 
  • Options
    @hgrich starting a new thread sounds like a good idea.
  • Options

Not not new but a recap for new faces: started ttc September 2014, MMC in January 2015 and July 2015. Had small uterine septum removed December 2015. 

26 weeks January 9

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 

I can see movement outside now - it's so bizarre! 

Starting to get a little bit of heartburn and slight insomnia but it's not unbearable yet. 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: birth 

5. Questions: 

yep! The artist currently known as Cletus the fetus will eventually be known as Samuel Joseph. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    @HGRich & @Bok Bagok Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.  
    DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• Options
    @HGRich  - I like the idea of more posting! The other PGAL group I'm in, we just have a daily chat thread where everyone can talk about whatever is on their mind. I love it.

@Lady_1981and @Bok Bagok  - Same as both of you, 14 weeks and I can't let myself think that I'll get to take this baby home with me. Things have gone wrong for me more than they have gone right in the baby department, so it's hard to let myself think about a baby! 

@HgPa - I made a whole list of anxiety management in my first weeks - long walks, therapy, meditation, journaling, etc. I still draw from it quite often. 

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): Not new, but I see a ton of new names, so hi - I have 2 sons, have lost 3 pregnancies - the most recent at 21 weeks in April.  

2. How far along are you? EDD?  14w 2d // April 2nd 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: Just so anxious. All the time. Obsessed with my uterus size and worried my placenta is failing my baby again.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: More ultrasounds showing good growth and feeling movement and having a giant belly.

5. Questions: 

6. GTKY: Have you started to think about baby names yet? Hardly! I can't really let myself go there yet. Too anxious. (We generally don't finalize until birth, anyway)

A

2010: son born 9/1 

2013: 2 miscarriages + d&cs, both at 10 weeks: April & July

2014: son #2 born 6/29

2016: Baby girl stillborn at 21w6d 4/29 and baby boy stillborn at 20w 3d 11/16

• Options
    @HGRich I think starting a thread to discuss and decide who will start what is a great idea. Do you want to start that? If not I'd be happy to do it 
  • Options
    Never mind, you already did lol