Trouble TTC
Options

TTC and yeast infection

I usually O on CD 13-14. Today is day 12. I haven't gotten a positive OPk but I expect it later today. Yesterday I experienced some vaginal discomfort and Im now realizing I may have a yeast infection (never had one before) 
how should I treat this since I will basically be BD-ing for the next few days. 

Re: TTC and yeast infection

• Options
    I'm not sure what you're really asking here.

Ultimately, we can't diagnose you from the internet with a yeast infection and if you have never had one before I wouldn't try to diagnosis it yourself.  Please go see your doctor.  They can prescribe or recommend a treatment for you.  Many things can cause vaginal discomfort including some pretty serious STDs.

I don't think BDing should have any impact on the treatment of an infection like this??  Again - please ask your doctor.

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP
  • Options
    I agree with @seethosestars if you've never had one you should definitely get checked out by a medical professional. 

it would also be great to see you contribute to the weekly check in :)
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually O on CD 13-14. Today is day 12. I haven't gotten a positive OPk but I expect it later today. Yesterday I experienced some vaginal discomfort and Im now realizing I may have a yeast infection (never had one before) 
    how should I treat this since I will basically be BD-ing for the next few days. 
    In response to the bold part - SEE YOUR DOCTOR!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    If it is a yeast infection then invest in some expensive probiotics to avoid them in the future (e.g. the ones in the fridge). I used to get them with every single medication and my first round of clomid I ended up with one. With regular and really good probiotics I have no issues.
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion