1st Trimester

HCG Rising Slowly

Ladies,
Hoping some of you have some advice on this...whether it's good or bad news.  I found out I am pregnant this week.  I had what I thought was my period on 9/12 for 5 days as normal.  On the 20th I started spotting, and have been since, but not today.  I've also had mild cramping and just generally not feeling good.  I went in for beta testing Wed and today, and it went from 630 to 963, not as much as they said it should rise.  I have an appt for more bloodwork and ultrasound on Monday.  I would have either conceived last weekend in Aug or the first weekend in Sept...I know not afterwards bc I was sick with bronchitis after that and we didn't have sex. 
Any experiences with slow rising levels? Good or bad?  Im afraid its ectopic. This is my 2nd pregnancy, my first was a breeze!  No previous miscarriages. Its going to be a long weekend obsessing over this!

Re: HCG Rising Slowly

• Sunshi500 said:
    Ladies,
    Hoping some of you have some advice on this...whether it's good or bad news.  I found out I am pregnant this week.  I had what I thought was my period on 9/12 for 5 days as normal.  On the 20th I started spotting, and have been since, but not today.  I've also had mild cramping and just generally not feeling good.  I went in for beta testing Wed and today, and it went from 630 to 963, not as much as they said it should rise.  I have an appt for more bloodwork and ultrasound on Monday.  I would have either conceived last weekend in Aug or the first weekend in Sept...I know not afterwards bc I was sick with bronchitis after that and we didn't have sex. 
    Any experiences with slow rising levels? Good or bad?  Im afraid its ectopic. This is my 2nd pregnancy, my first was a breeze!  No previous miscarriages. Its going to be a long weekend obsessing over this!
    @Sunshi500

I can understand the worry but there are times where a slow rising HCG doesn't necessarily mean something bad. This is definitely something your doctor would be the best help with since no one here will be able to say for sure. I know it will be hard but try to find things to distract yourself - window shopping, going for walks, binge watching a tv show, etc.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• TW - loss

My pregnancy with slow rising HCG levels resulted in a miscarriage at 7 weeks (my levels rose slowly and took longer than 48 hours to double from the very beginning). I had two normal ultrasounds, one including a heartbeat (though it was slightly slow for gestational age) before having a natural miscarriage. 

I'm sorry you're stuck in this limbo, I know how awful of a place it is to be for any length of time. I hope things work out for you, but if not the loss boards here are a very supportive and wonderful place. Good luck. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Usually low rising hcg levels are the indication of an impending loss; however your next blood draw might be different. Your doctor really is the best person to discuss your results with. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Just had an ultrasound and found out its ectopic.  I have to go back this afternoon to see my normal OB to decide after today's blood results whether I can do the shot or should opt for surgery.  Surgery terrifies me....but Ive been feeling sick for so many weeks I sort of just want this over.  :(
  • So sorry that you are going through this.
  • Sunshi500 said:
    Just had an ultrasound and found out its ectopic.  I have to go back this afternoon to see my normal OB to decide after today's blood results whether I can do the shot or should opt for surgery.  Surgery terrifies me....but Ive been feeling sick for so many weeks I sort of just want this over.  :(
    I'm so sorry. I'm glad your dr found out its ectopic early. I wasn't that lucky and lost a tube & ovary.