January 2017 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change 9/30

Happy Friday, Gals!

What's new with your little babe this week? How many weeks are you?

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival?

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions:

When's your next appointment?

GTKY: What are you most nervous about delivering your baby?

Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
"It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Re: Friday Ticker Change 9/30

• Options
    What's new with your little babe this week? How many weeks are you? He may or may not be beginning to open his eyes. I am 26 weeks today. Almost in the 3rd trimester! Eeeee!

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? No, not really. DH and I are booking a babymoon for mid October for a quick trip to Savannah, Georgia, where we got engaged.

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions: My bladder is starting to feel heavy. If it feels this way with a 2 pound baby on it, I can only imagine what it's going to feel like in the upcoming weeks. I also had a cold last week, which I thought I got rid of, but this week I have a cough that I just can't shake. I'll be asking my doctor about it at my appointment on Monday.

When's your next appointment? Monday check up! Then glucose test on the 18th.

GTKY: What are you most nervous about delivering your baby? This is my first baby, so the unknown is what scares me the most... not knowing what to expect.

Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    Hiiii!

25 Weeks.  Baby has fully formed hands and a sense of equilibrium. She's also been kicking up a storm. 

Ordered our stroller! It arrived today.  It's pretty surreal seeing it sitting in our living room... Now we just need to get the crib and we'll have all the big essentials.  Also I declared my maternity leave! I'm in the system. 

I've been eating waayyy too much sugar.  I need to reign it in and stop myself.  Everyone seems to want to feed me cake... So I'm going to blame it on the world, not my willpower.  Also last weekend I went to the hospital twice because I was in SO much pain. My hospital has a clinic set up basically just for nervous pregnant ladies, so I luckily didn't have to sit in ER. I had stabbing pains in my lower abdominal.  First time the nurse checked the baby and my vitals and sent me home then I went back the next day and saw a doctor.  The doctor did an exam and felt around my stomach and basically told me the baby's head was pressing against a stretched muscle and that there wasn't really anything I could do besides take pain killers till she moved. I could literally feel her head.  So I'm hoping for no repeat of that!! 

Go back on Tuesday for the flu and whooping cough shot.  Then I have my next real appt at the end of October.

Uch so many things.  I'm worried I won't be able to handle the pain and that I'll have horrific tearing that won't heal.  And then I've started to channel some of DH's worries.  He's really nervous about the birth as his older brother is severely disabled from things that happened during his birth.  But Tom was born 32 years ago in a rural hospital in Northern England.  Our baby will be born at a modern London teaching hospital that has access to all the latest baby monitoring devices so I really hope everything goes fine.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At 23 wks he's the size of cauliflower or some other like produce and can hear all kinds of stuff! 

Nope. Although I am going to look at pain colors for the nursery, I'll start painting next weekend. Other than that, I"m going to buy some cute new fall maternity clothes. Yaaaaaassss!

Doing good. He gets on my sciatic nerve more than my first son did, but I'm doing massage/chiro to help with this. Other than that, I love feeling him bump around in there!

Oct. 14

I guess knowing what to expect from my csection, I hope I don't get the shakes this time around. God that sucked. And introducing him to his big brother. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • Options
    23 weeks! He is growing and moving around lots more now; size of a Bûche de Noël, which is fitting since all I want is chocolate cake & butter cream icing...

Finally almost finished moving, now I can start unpacking boxes and get everything washed and sorted for his arrival! I am going to a Baby/Toddler Expo on Sunday, hope I can score lots of free samples! 

Having the hardest/most confusing time getting the correct adapter for my baby jogger stroller/car seat combo... just ordered a third one on eBay, FX that this one actually works or I am selling the car seat and getting one that I know will fit... so annoying and time consuming. 

October 14th! 

Obviously the brain can go to dark places, trying to stay positive! But I'm honestly super squeamish about getting a catheter if I choose to get an epidural. Might forego the whole procedure just to avoid a catheter! Haha