Baby Names

37 weeks with no name!

Don't know why my husband and I are having so much trouble with deciding our baby's name! Big brother named Lincoln, wanting another classic and not very common name. Choices...
Graham Miller
Owen Miller
Jack Miller
We both love Graham but too many people say it sounds weird ending with an M, then Miller starting with an M.
We also love Owen and Jack but feel like they're more common.
Thoughts?

Re: 37 weeks with no name!

• Hmm. It does run together a bit, but I do like it better with Lincoln than Owen or Jack.

Perhaps Garret? Gideon?  Gabriel? 
  • Love them in this order: Graham, Jack, Owen. And I love Graham far and away more than Jack. I would stick with it if you can get past the fact that it ends in an M.

Also like the suggestion of Garret. Shamelessly suggesting Rhett (that's our pick). :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Graham Miller.

Also, you might get more responses from the baby names board (if you haven't posted there yet)
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't think Graham Miller sounds bad at all, if you like it I'd go for it. Owen and Jack are super common here. Other suggestions: 
    Hudson Miller
    Sebastian Miller
    Atticus Miller
    Jefferson Miller
    Anderson Miller
    Lachlan Miller
    Berkley Miller
    Gabriel Miller
    Ezekiel Miller

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• I like Graham Miller.

Also, you might get more responses from the baby names board (if you haven't posted there yet)
    This is the BN board....or is it...dun dun DUN!!
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• I love the name Owen so that's my choice!
  • I prefer Graham, then Owen
  • All 3 of those names are cute but pretty popular. Any nice family names you have comsidered?
  • Jack is one of my favorite boy names. But you can't go wrong! 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • I do like Graham the best and while I like Owen and Jack as well, they are pretty common in my area.

Other suggestions:

Vaughn
    Forrest
    Duncan
    Nolan
    Everett
    Rowan
    Griffith
    Gordon
    Brooks
    Wade

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • amandastrunkamandastrunk member
    edited September 2016
    We loved Rhett too but my nephew's name is Jett and we thought it was too close. Great name!
    Also we loved Nolan and Dean but felt they were a little southern.
  • We loved Rhett too but my nephew's name is Jett and we thought it was too close. Great name!
    I don't find Nolan or Dean southern?

• bbiutmcph said:
    We loved Rhett too but my nephew's name is Jett and we thought it was too close. Great name!
    I don't find Nolan or Dean southern?
    Me either. That would've never crossed my mind. Especially Nolan.
  • Definitely Graham! 
    Its on the top of my boy name list so I'm a tad partial :) 
    I think it sounds completely fine with Miller.
  • Ah I love Rhett!
  • Love Graham! Love Jack too but it's extremely popular where I live right now.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Graham works good with Miller in my oppinion (I'm a Miller too). I actually like the sound of the two "m" close together. Like Solomon Miller... It has a nice melodic quality to me. I'm actually trying to find a name that has that for our baby. I don't however like too many "L"s in names... Like Laurel Miller sounds too "L"-y to me. But I like the name Laurel... It's always been on our list, but I don't think we will use it! Owen is nice, and I think Jack is too traditional or too plain. That's another problem with the last name Miller... Something like John Miller has a very bland quality, even though it's a perfectly nice name. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Graham works good with Miller in my oppinion (I'm a Miller too). I actually like the sound of the two "m" close together. Like Solomon Miller... It has a nice melodic quality to me. I'm actually trying to find a name that has that for our baby. I don't however like too many "L"s in names... Like Laurel Miller sounds too "L"-y to me. But I like the name Laurel... It's always been on our list, but I don't think we will use it! Owen is nice, and I think Jack is too traditional or too plain. That's another problem with the last name Miller... Something like John Miller has a very bland quality, even though it's a perfectly nice name. 
    Completely agree. I think we were struggling with the Ms because with our first boy, we loved the name Liam, but when paired with Miller we thought it made it sound like Lia. Luckily with Graham, it doesn't completely change the name though.
    Completely agree. I think we were struggling with the Ms because with our first boy, we loved the name Liam, but when paired with Miller we thought it made it sound like Lia. Luckily with Graham, it doesn't completely change the name though.