1st Trimester

First Time Pregnancy Help

Hi, I am 23 years old and I found out I was pregnant the day before my 23rd birthday. Now, I am approximately 9 weeks pregnant and I have my first dr appointment tomorrow morning. My boyfriend wants me to get an abortion and I don't want an abortion, never believed in killing a being growing inside me. Now, I know everyone is going to say do what I believe in and c what makes  me happy. Before I found out I was having pretty much all the symptoms of being pregnant except the sore breasts. My friend actually bought me a test because I looked to her like I had the sick pregnant look. I just thought I was getting sick from over working myself with two jobs. I'm scared and nervous about the baby and the appointment tomorrow. I so want this baby. I've grown so attached to him/her already. He/she is already the size of a cherry and I know that if I have an abortion it's going to destroy me. Any and all feedback is welcome. Thank you and I'm so sorry this was long.

Re: First Time Pregnancy Help

• Loading the player...
  • If you don't want an abortion don't let anyone talk you in to having one. If you really feel like having an abortion would destroy you then absolutely don't do it. It's your body and you do what you want with it. If you want to have the baby then you have every right to have your baby.

If you don't want to raise the baby I promise you there are a lot of amazing couples out there suffering from infertility who can't have children of their own. I know some of them personally and the couples I know would make AMAZING parents. So if you don't want an abortion and you don't want to raise the child might I suggest putting the baby up for adoption? 

If you do want to keep the baby and you feel you can provide him/her with a good life then by all means keep the baby! Your boyfriend doesn't have to agree with you. Plenty of women raise a child on their own. It may not be ideal and it may not be easy but it is doable. And if it's what you want then I say go for it. Ya know, assuming you'd be able to provide for baby. There are a lot of government aid programs available to help pregnant women and mothers. If you need some assistance you may want to look into some of the programs available. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here but I think you can contact a social worker to discuss your options in terms of government assistance.

I wish you all the very best!

ETA: Like others have said you may find it helpful to talk to the people in your life and get some opinions from other people. But in the end it's your life and your decision. And even if everyone else thinks you should get an abortion and you feel like it isn't right for you: don't do it. In the end in life you have to do what is right for you and your baby.
    All of this, especially the bolded. Good luck!
  • Hi, I am 23 years old and I found out I was pregnant the day before my 23rd birthday. Now, I am approximately 9 weeks pregnant and I have my first dr appointment tomorrow morning. My boyfriend wants me to get an abortion and I don't want an abortion, never believed in killing a being growing inside me. Now, I know everyone is going to say do what I believe in and c what makes  me happy. Before I found out I was having pretty much all the symptoms of being pregnant except the sore breasts. My friend actually bought me a test because I looked to her like I had the sick pregnant look. I just thought I was getting sick from over working myself with two jobs. I'm scared and nervous about the baby and the appointment tomorrow. I so want this baby. I've grown so attached to him/her already. He/she is already the size of a cherry and I know that if I have an abortion it's going to destroy me. Any and all feedback is welcome. Thank you and I'm so sorry this was long.
    I am sorry you're being pressured by your boyfriend but ultimately the choice is yours. Only you know what you want BUT based on the bolded parts, it seems like you may already know what you want to do.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• It's normal to be scared and nervous when you know you're going to have a baby! There are a lot of moms on sites like this that can help answer questions you may have, so you're not alone.  It is wonderful that you want to keep your baby and realize what the consequences could be otherwise. You are strong and brave and will do great, just take it one day at a time!!!