Infertility
Options

October/November IVF

Re: October/November IVF

• Options
    @JamieH2000 i have 3 embies frozen that are pgs tested. 2 normal girls and 1 "inconclusive " embryo. Ive only ever done fet. This time i am doing a fresh transfer and a ER (egg retreival) then trying to transfer a untested fresh embryo AND 1 pgs normal girl.

* since i have met my deductible and my insurance cover UNLIMITED WITH NO MAX AMOUNT ivf coverage  ( including ALL meds are covered and I pay nothing) i am going to go ahead and try to get more frozen while i have this incredible insurance.

Also although unlikely but my re says sometimes pgs testing can ruin embies. Although i dont beleive i habe embryo problems. I have had pgs testing with my other ivf's 1 and 2. Out of 8 eggs 5 came back normal...2 abnormal amd 1 inconclusive.  I have never had a dowm syndrome embryo. My abnormal embryos were missing chromosome. 

I beleive i have a auto immune disease that causes my infertility ( in addition to my hydrosalpinx). Ofcourse to fix the auto immune problem i need lovenox shots (blood thinner). But ofcourse i cant take lovenox because i had a brain hemmorage after my 1st ivf. Im currently changing nuerologist to see what they say about the lovenox shots. Im also in process of getting diagnosed ftom rhuematologist  for auto immune. 

RE changed my protocol to antagonist. This will be my first time using granilex/cetrocide. Also she added predisone  ( helps implantation amd anti body issues).

Fx for all of us! 

Me  Hydrosalpinx(36) & DH 0% morphology (37)
    Jan 2007- started TTC ( temp everyday and opk and clomid used 12 cycles)
    Oct 2010- Natural BFP after 22 months TTC ( NO MEDS USED)
    Feb 2011- Still birth @ 16 weeks 
    May 2011- Myomectomy to remove grapefruit size fibroid
    Jan 2015- Essure to block hydrosalpinx
    April 2015 - 1st IUI  - BFN
    May 2015 - 2nd IUI - BFN
    Aug 2015 - IVF ER: BCP, lupron, Menopur, Bravelle, HCG (Trigger Shot) 12 eggs retrieved, 8  mature, 7 fertilized, 3 to blast, 2 passed pgs ( BOYS)
    Sept 2015 - FET transferred 2 embryos passed PGS (BOYS)- BFN ( NO FROSTIES left )
    Dec 2015- ICH Brain hemorrhage
    April 2016- Start Birth Control Got cleared for IVF/ diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation/ HUBBY HAS ABOVE NORMAL MORPH/COUNT/MOTILITY
    May 2016- Start meds for ER 
    May 1- Start Lupron for long lupron protocol
    May 13- Started Stims 300 follistim,75 menopur, 10 lupron stimmed for  10 days
    May 24-  16 eggs retrieved,  12 mature eggs, 8 fertilized, 5 to blast. qty 2 day 6 AA blast. qty 3 7 day blast grades AA and AB.
    Have 3 NORMAL PGS TESTED GIRLS. 1 "INCONCLUSIVE" embryo still good for use.
    7/8- Started AF and Estraidol patches
    8/2- FET scheduled ( HUBBY BDAY!!!) and my clinic automatically uses EMBRYO GLUE!
    8/2- Transferred 1 6AA pgs tested girl
    8/15 - Beta #1 137 I AM PREGNANT!!!! EDD 4/20/17
    8/17- Beta #2 269 
    9/1- MISCARRIAGE. Baby stopped growing at 5 weeks 3 days. 
    10/19- Have Baseline for IVF#3. Fresh transfer.
    10/21- Start stims 300 Follistim 150 Menopur and Ganirelix 
    11/2/16-ER 43 eggs retrieved. 15 mature. 9 Fertilized. All 9 still growing but 4 are leading and are 8 cell day 3 grade AA.
    11/7/16- Fresh transfer of 1 embryo
  • Options
    @colleen0516- wow, I am so excited for you!! That is awesome you are less than a week away!! Are they making any changes this time? Can't wait to hear your updates!

@shauna43- what a journey! That is so scary about the brain hemorrhage. I'm so glad you are ok. That is great you have such amazing insurance and it def makes a lot of sense to get some more embabies while it's all covered! That's really neat that they can transfer 1 fresh and 1 frozen! 
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi all,

I'm moving over to this board bc I feel like my schedule links up more here even though I started stims on Thursday, 9/29.

I've been dealing with infertility for almost 4 years.  A year ago I did one fresh IVF (chemical) and 2 FET with no take home baby! :(

I took some time off, had a lap done and switched REs.  I have PCOS and a stenotic cervix. 

My new RE has me in a different protocol this time:
    I've been on 200 iu of Follistim since Thursday and had between 10 and 12 follies growing at Mondays ultrasound.  I go back again tomorrow and should be adding Menopur and Ganierelex.  Egg retrieval will most likely be early next week.  My RE is planning on doing a 5 day fresh transfer.

I'm currently bloated and crampy from the follistim with a terrible headache but I know it will be worth it.

I'm echoing all of you ladies as in the last 4 years all of our friends have gone in to have not just 1 but 2 babies in the time frame that we've been trying.  Some days are definitely harder than others.

Looking forward to go on this journey together! I've met some pretty amazing women through this and I can already see there are some in this group too!
  • Options
    @ChristinaV2015 yay! So happy you're back!! This IS going to be our round. I'm willing it to life lol we're gonna be walking around LOng Island with big baby bumps together! Love that you started already :smile:

@shauna43 sounds like a smart plan! I would capitalize on the insurance too :smile:hoping you get pregnant and have some to freeze for next time! 

@JamieH2000 so happy to see you're back it too! Love seeing familiar names :smile:

@shauna43 and @JamieH2000 when are you ladies expected to start? 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    Hi everyone, 

I'm jumping over from the IUI boards. So new to IVF but not IF. I've been lurking for a little while but never really knew what to say. I'm rooting for all of you and you're all so strong! It is nice to see some familiar names. 

We met with our new RE last night and we really liked her. I am only on CD2 so we're going to take this time to do some screening for cystic fibrosis and a mock trail. Then hoping to get started with everything next cycle, beginning of November. If all goes as planned, we'll be ready for an ER and FET sometime around Thanksgiving. I really have no idea what to expect in terms of meds but I guess we'll find out! I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies!
    **TW**
    Me: 31, DH:33
    TTC since October 2015: MFI
    Summer 2016: 3 IUI's: BFN
    October 2016: Switched RE's and began IVF cycle 
    December 2016: Retrieved 13 eggs, 12 mature, 9 fertilized with ICSI. 5 day ET of 2 blasts with 4 frosites left. BFP!!!! EDD: 8/30/2017 
    August 25, 2017: It's a Girl!!
    April 12, 2019: FET, BFP!!! Baby BOY EDD: 12/29/2019
  • Options
    Hi! This is my first post ever on this site and I apologize that I couldn't figure out how to change my screen name from the generic one I was assigned when I signed up for the knot. Was hoping to sound a tad cooler than knottieblahblah124etc ;)
    Anyway, I am waiting for AF (my bbt took a dive today so it should happen today or tomorrow). We did a medicated iui this month while waiting for the IVF schedule to find room for us. We are working with a severe MFI so when his total motile came back as 500k they went ahead and scheduled our last IVF appt for this week since it was most likely going to fail. We have been ttc for just over a year. My scans seem to be normal. I have an autoimmune disease, but the physicians don't seem to be concerned that it would be contributing to our infertility. I am in a remission right now, so it's a good time for us to try and have a child.
    I am finding it hard to get excited for this first IVF cycle to start between the sticker shock and worry that it won't work... so hoping that some friends going through the same thing will help me find that glimmer of hope that's hidding from me somewhere :) wishing everyone luck.
  • Options
    Hello,

im new here. Been in the iui boards for a couple months. We did 2 iui's and both came up BFN. Our RE wants us to move forward with IVF. Have orientation on 10/11. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on questions I should ask? We are excited and really nervous. I have pcos and don't ovulate on my own. I was on femara and ovidrel for both iui's. 
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 I get what you mean about down days.  DH and I have a group of friends we meet up with a couple times a month for dinner.  One of the ladies did her last round of IVF and had her transfer a few days after me and of course it worked, she is expecting twins on the first try (happy for her, but wondering why I'm on try number 3), and one of the other ones was told she could never have kids and just announced she's 11 weeks pregnant.    They're both "hurry up" to me, and in my head I'm thinking, "yeah a$$holes, I didn't want it to work both times..." while I smile and say, "I'm trying".  I know they don't mean it to be mean, but it still feels like a jab.

Also hello to the familiar faces from the August/Sept boards.  Sad to see you all here, but happy to see you guys are like me and didn't give up. :)

me:41 dh:42
    me:PCOS, blocked left fallopian tube, hyperprolactinemia  (dh's swimmers are perfect/normal)
    Tried 3 rounds of clomid with Ovidrel trigger (BFNs)
    May/June 2016 IVF   6/1 ER 7 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized via ICSI  6 embryos made it to blasts.
    6/6 2 AA embryos transfered, 4 BBs frozen
    Beta 6/18  -- BFN
    FET #1 August 22 BFN
    Dec 2016/Jan 2017 Round 2 was a bust. 6 eggs, Only 1 embryo made it, no transfer
    FET #2 cancelled 10/17 due to uterine polyps. Postponed until 9/2018 due to hip replacement.

FET #3 9/11/18 Uterine scratch and antihistamine protocol/lovenox done this time. 2 AA hatching blasts put in.  BFP 9/20/18!! 

• Options

@ChristinaV2015- congrats on getting started already and good follie numbers! Can't wait to hear your update tomorrow. I really hope this cycle is your one after going through so much already. I think you will be the first of us to get to ER and ET, so I'm really hoping you start us off with a BFP!

@Colleen0516- I am hoping to start stims around 10/22. For now, just waiting for the positive OPK so I can start the estrogen patches :)

@isthisthereallife- Welcome and glad you joined us!! The physical side of IVF sucks, but the odds are so much better so I think its definitely worth it over IUI. Hopefully you will be able to do one and done! I;m sure the genetic test will come back fine, and while the mock transfer is no fun, its over really quick.

Knottie39402101 -Welcome to the group as well! Sorry you have to be here, but the good news is that IVF fixes MFI very easily, so hopefully this will give you success! Once you get AF, will you start stims? Do you know what protocol you will be on?

@JAH87- Sorry your IUIs didn't work :( I know I was devastated when mine failed, so when I moved on to IVF I was ready to try something with better odds. For your orientation, I would just ask what kind of odds they expect your with diagnosis and what type of protocols they usually do. Hopefully you can get started soon!

@sleepyrn- That's so hard... do they know what you are going through when they said hurry up? Hopefully they were just joking... but its really not funny of course. I find the waiting and rollercoaster of IF wayyy harder than the physical part. I would take 100 shots (and I will probably!) to have a baby :)

I think I just figured out how to make the spreadsheet editable by everyone, so feel free to update your dates when you get them

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hzT7mM2_VQpQeFLbwmCpR7KrnUE520S_tvLO9XAtIs0/edit?usp=sharing

History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    SwtAnanaSwtAnana member
    edited October 2016
    Hi Ladies! I wanted to say hello! 

I've been off and on with the boards mostly because of my unpredictable work schedule but also because I have had nothing to share!

Now that DH and I have had our 1st RE meeting and have a tentative schedule, I feel like I can join in and provide some meaningful discussion.

We know we have severe MFI and will require ICSI.  I'm starting my workup now but I have to wait until AF shows her head....I'm pretty sure I ovulated this past weekend (damn mittelschmerz!) so just waiting to call the clinic with my first day of red flow.  

On my consult with the RE, he saw what he is 80% sure is a uterine polyp (the constant cramping even when not menstruating would be explained by this!).  Once my hysteroscopy is done, then we'll know for sure what it is and we'll be able to intervene.  The good news is that we saw TONS of ovarian follicles but omggggg I just want to get ON with it already! I'm so impatient!

Right now I'm just trying to indulge in the things I'll have to give up very shortly (sleeping in.....eating sushi....finishing off a bottle of wine with the hubs....going out for an extended weekend on a whim....etc.) in my quest to be optimisitic.  DH thinks I'm too pessimistic but I say  that I'm a realist  :p  

Is it strange that I'm more relaxed now than when we were actively TTGP? I feel like now that we have a plan and know what we are facing, that it's out of my hands versus having the constant stress of timing BD correctly.  We still plan on trying on our own right up until transfer but knowing that we are with a clinic with above average results is reassuring.

I'm looking forward to sharing in your good news ladies!

ETA: We elected to do PGS so we will not have a fresh transfer....all of our embryos will need to be tested and therefore we will have all frozen transfers
    Trigger warning in signature...
    Me: 33  DH: 37
    Together since 2010, Married August 2014
    TTC: Off and on since April 2015
    Diagnosis: Severe MFI
    1/15/2017: FET #1, successful. Baby boy delivered via c-section 9/30/17  <3
    1/2/2018: FET #2: BFN  :'(

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @JamieH2000 since you are doing EPP, can you tell me when you start your estrogen patches?  Will it be immediately after ovulation or some time after? Do you have to have b/w to confirm ovulation?  Sorry for all the questions. I am trying to gather lots of info. 

@SwtAnana I'm sorry you are having trouble conceiving. Glad you are feeling calm and at peace with things. 

@Knottie39402101 welcome. Sorry that you have had difficulty but welcome to the thread. 

It it is nice to see familiar faces but also sorry you weren't successful. 
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options
    @swtanana- welcome! I totally get being more relaxed once you start treatment, since then you are at least doing everything you can and you don't have to stress about timing, etc. hope your consultation goes good and you can get started asap!

@kp214- I will start the patches about a week after ovulation, I think. I do have to confirm ovulation with a progesterone blood test, and then there is a week of estrogen and ganirelax (3 doses) right before AF. I'm getting a little worried since today is day 13 and I usually get a positive opk by now. Hopefully tomorrow and then I can call my RE and get th bw scheduled. Kind of wondering if the dhea I am taking is delaying my ovulation. Do you have timing for when you get started?!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 thanks for the info. I should be ovulating this week. Re wants b/w to confirm and then start estrogen 7-10 days after ovulation. I don't know if it will be estrogen patches or something else. I haven't been given a detailed plan. I'm trying to not ask too many questions so I don't pester them like I usually do, trying to just trust they are on top of things. That's tough for me. 
    TTC since 3/2014
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos

• Options
    @kp214-  it would be hard for me too to not ask a lot of questions if they didn't give you a detailed plan. Happy to share mine in more detail if you wanted a comparison point. My dates are still not final, but the general plan is In addition to follistim, I will be doing micro Lupron and HGH. I was a little unsure about HgH since I had to pay out of pocket for it since it's not FDA approved yet for infertility, but my RE told me she has seen it make the difference between success and no success.  I know you have already been through this a few times, so I really hope this next cycle your one! Hopefully we both ovulate soon and can get started :0)
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    Wow! This board is filling up so fast, it's hard to keep track of everyone. Good luck to all of us! 

I started to receive price quotes back from 3 out of the 4 pharmacies our clinic recommended. The clinic told us it would be between $2000 -  $3000 for all the meds. 

Nope! So far it's between $4800 - $5600.  :open_mouth:

I have one more to hear back from. The one that has "discount" in their name. I hope it lives up to expectations because we did not budget for more than $3000.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Natsuki are these quotes for your ER or FET?  Our ER cost (all oop) was around $5800 but the meds for the FET was under $300.  Such a huge difference!

• Options
    Hi @jodes727

The estimates are for all the meds needed for the egg stimulation,  retrival, and after the fresh transfer.

Its the Gonol-F and Menopur that is the majority of those estimates unfortunately. 

I'm just sad and panicking because we are spread so thin and the clinic was way off with their med cost estimates. 

We are going to look into non clinic recommended online pharmacies tonight. Hopefully a solution will present its self. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @natsuki- maybe check with your clinic if they have any donated meds? A lot of ladies donate their extras once they don't need them any more (I'm hoping to be able to do that soon than later if I have extras!). Even 1 vial of gonal or follistim is like $900 saves so maybe you could get lucky!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 that's a great idea!  @natsuki it's crazy how much it all is!!  At first our pharmacy  told us the cost of our ER meds as if our insurance would cover it and then they realized our insurance does not cover it. It is amazing the difference in price! 
  • Options
    @Natsuki you may want to see if the pharmacies offer discount programs. I know the pharmacy we used had forms for us to fill out to see if we could get a discount, anywhere from 10%-75% off.  There were other websites that were linked to discount programs, so they can't be the only ones. This was on MDR pharmacy's website. They have been the cheapest according to my RE's office for most of the meds. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    Thank you so much @jodes727, @JamieH2000, and @Kp214.  These are great suggestions I'm going to look into! I will let you know what we figure out! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow only a day off of the bump and so much to catch up on for this board alone.

Welcome to all the new ladies... I'm sorry you find yourself here! 

@rmarble23 good luck on your FET tomorrow, can't wait to hear how it goes!

@shauna43 yeah for calendars and scheduling! That's a great feeling! Overwhelming and exciting all at once!

@JamieH2000 love your optimism on this board... keep your head up through this process. Babies are coming!

AFM: so had bloodwork and sono today.  I have about 12 follies over 10mm, I'm in the home stretch.  Everything seemed great as I left until I got a call at lunch from the nurse that my LH was starting to rise and if I didn't get a dose of Ganierelex soon I may loose this cycle.  So I sped home at lunch and did the injection and then went back to work.  Hoping and praying we caught it in time.  I go back in tomorrow and will talk with the doc more.  Right now ER is looking like Monday or Tuesday but all depends on how sono and bloodwork look tomorrow. On top of that, I feel terrible today.  Going from overly hot to overly cold, stomach pains and headache.  Assuming it's the meds and my body working overtime.

I read a devotional for infertility in the mornings and I read about how if life was always sweet we wouldn't appreciate the great moments... it said even if it's bitter always look for the honey.  I've been reminding myself daily to look for the honey, when things get hard I repeat "look for the honey." As one of the IVF veterans on the board, I know how tough this can be so I encourage you all to look for the honey in your day to day journey into IVF. 
  • Options
    Hello, I had my egg retreival on September 29th and had 5 eggs. 3 fertilized and I had a transfer on Sunday of all 3. I had an 8 cell a 5 cell and a 4 cell. I have my beta on October 14th and I am losing my mind already haha! 
  • Options
    @Natsuki Have you looked into south miami pharmacy?  All they do are fertility meds and they ship overnight.  Not sure about cost without insurance on everything but they seemed reasonable for my estrogen patches that we had to pay out of pocket for.

me:41 dh:42
    me:PCOS, blocked left fallopian tube, hyperprolactinemia  (dh's swimmers are perfect/normal)
    Tried 3 rounds of clomid with Ovidrel trigger (BFNs)
    May/June 2016 IVF   6/1 ER 7 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized via ICSI  6 embryos made it to blasts.
    6/6 2 AA embryos transfered, 4 BBs frozen
    Beta 6/18  -- BFN
    FET #1 August 22 BFN
    Dec 2016/Jan 2017 Round 2 was a bust. 6 eggs, Only 1 embryo made it, no transfer
    FET #2 cancelled 10/17 due to uterine polyps. Postponed until 9/2018 due to hip replacement.

FET #3 9/11/18 Uterine scratch and antihistamine protocol/lovenox done this time. 2 AA hatching blasts put in.  BFP 9/20/18!! 

• Options

@rmarble23- Hope the transfer went well today! Did you do 1 or 2? When is your beta?! Sending sticky vibes your way!

ChristinaV2015 - Those are some great numbers, but that is very scary about the LH surge. Glad you got the ganirelax and they will be monitoring you closely. I like your look for the honey idea. I try to find the happiness in each day, since I know I need to try to enjoy these years despite the struggles. Some days its easier than others and I wish I could just make myself in a better mood when I'm not :)

I'm feeling pretty stressed today actually.. still no positive OPK and its day 14. I always have a positive by this time, and I am concerned that the DHEA is messing up my ovulation. When I had my testerone checked in March, it was normal.. so now I'm thinking they should have rechecked it before I started DHEA and now it may be too high and messing things up (which can happen based on dr google). I haven't had many side effects on it.. slightly more oily skin and hair, but nothing horrible that would lead me to think its messing up my levels enough to prevent ovulation. Just worried if I don't ovulate, I won't get to start this cycle as planned and may have to delay again :( I emailed my nurse, so hopefully she will get back to me today.

History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @Colleen0516 Hey gal!  I just sent you a private message.  I wanted to make sure you saw it because I personally never check for messages and I didn't want you to miss it.  :)
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 we were able to put in two this time and beta is on 10-17 due to the stupid weekend 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow I missed a few days and I literally had to take notes so I could respond let everyone :tongue: 

@APM_SLP in back tracking to catch up, I saw that I missed your first post! Happy to see your name again! Hoping this is your round :smile:

@kp214 don't know if you're researching estrogen priming but currently on vivielle-dot patches. 1 patch, I change it every other day. I started about a week after ovulation and changed it twice, I got AF so now I leave it on until it falls off. 

@Natsuki ask your pharmacist to look into other brands of medicines. See if three have generic. Probably not bc we use such specific meds but it's worth a shot. 

@taradavis0515 our first beta! So exciting! The wait sucks though, hang in there.

@rmarble23 happy you transfered 2!! Praying it works!!! 

@Bai-by2016 I didn't see it, i will look and respond now :smile:

AFM: well, AF came and for once inwas excited about it lol; I was anxious to start. Got my medicine today, also went for a baseline. 
    Ive used 2 patches so far. The patch that is on will now just stay on til it falls off, or until Wednesday (whichever comes first) 
    i believe I start injections tonight. Protocol changed a little. 
    375 follistim
    150 menopur 
    And the estrogen priming 
    but waiting for the doctor to call to confirm it all. 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• Options
    @Colleen0516 thank you for sharing this with me. I've been trying to research how long I am to be on estrogen. My nurse emailed me today about going for b/w to confirm ovulation in 11 days, then to start estrogen. I'm so anxious. I'm afraid I will be on the estrogen only a couple of days before starting stims. Did your RE say how long you were to be on estrogen for optimal results?  I emailed my RE with my concerns. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    rmarble23- I'm so hopeful for you! that is rough to have to wait so long, but hopefully it will just be an even higher number then!

Colleen0516- that is very exciting to start stims tonight! Is this your first time doing estrogen priming? I so want this one to be your cycle!

@kp214- based on my protocol, I will be on patches for 7 days, with the last one staying on until it falls off too. Did you RE say anything about doing ganirelax during the patches? I haven't heard of other doing this.. but i guess this is how they try to stop lead follies (which was my problem last time). Hope you get all your questions answered soon!

Here is our latest tracker. Please feel free to go in and make any updates needed!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hzT7mM2_VQpQeFLbwmCpR7KrnUE520S_tvLO9XAtIs0/edit?usp=sharing

History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    Trying again with the snapshot since somehow some of it was covered in previous post. 

History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 thanks for letting me know.  DH and I emailed the nurse and re with our concerns. Re still wants to wait until 10/18 to do b/w, my cd 21.  That's concerning since last cycle was 22-23 days long.  7days is also what the re said. No ganirelix with estrogen from what I've been told, but that may be the case.  They haven't really given me all the info, just bits and pieces.  I'm trying trust them and not pester them with lots of questions.  Will you be using patches while stimming at the beginning?
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    @kp214 I think 7 days is the ideal. I only had 4 :disappointed: I came in for bloodwork later than I should have. I was sick, and slightly depressed still, and just couldn't get out of bed on the day of my appointment. So I pushed it off thinking it would be okay. I hope I didn't mess up this round. 4 days is better than 0. The patch will stay on til it falls off now. 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    @JamieH2000 I had my cycle review this morning and it sounds like it's an antagonist protocol. Started today on birth control for two weeks. Baseline scan scheduled for 10-24. 
    Does anyone highly suggest acupuncture? If so, did you go through insurance or know about how much sessions are (approximately)? I am considering it, but I'm unsure how much time and money I should plan for. 
    Hope everyone has a nice weekend :)
  • Options
    rmarble23rmarble23 member
    edited October 2016
    @knottie39402101 when i first started i was huge on the acupuncture, i loved it.  i went to a community acupuncture which is cheaper but no insurance is accepted.  it relaxed me, i enjoyed the hour after work to unwind.  after two cycles, i had been going once to twice a week for ?5 months, i didn't feel like it did anything for me IF wise and i was running short on money so i decided to stop.  my acupuncturist didn't know really how to deal with my cycles so i feel like he was treating me as if i was a normal person trying to get pg or was already pg if i didn't have anything for him to work on that day.  he was really nice and sweet but i had to stop.  now its been a few months i feel ok and just finished a FET.  its a toss up if it helped or it didn't.  i say try it b/c without IF it was a great thing for my stress if nothing else.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @knottie39402102- I have been doing accupuncture for 3.5 months now. I found an acupuncturist that specials in infertility and had twins from IVF herself. I enjoy it but it was expensive at 70 per session and I was going twice per week the first two months. Recently she has moved to a new location, further away but now it's only $40. For me, it's still worth it since she is almost like a friend/therapist who has gone thru this journey which is helpful. I would weigh the cost, how far away it is and how much stress extra appts add with how you feel after you go a few times and if you like your person. I would definitely look for someone who specializes in infertility 
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @kp214 I didn't do patches with my cycle but from someone who never spoke up during my first cycle with my old RE.  I highly recommend that you ask any and all questions.

@Colleen0516 I'm so excited for you to be back into a cycle.  Stay positive! I'm praying hard for you girl!

AFM I'm triggering tonight and I'm so scared! LOL. I've been feeling terrible the last few days so my RE is slightly concerned about OHSS developing after trigger so I'm going in tomorrow morning for more blood and sono and then again on Friday before the transfer on Saturday to male sure I'm all good for a fresh transfer.  We signed all of our papers today and we will be doing a 5 day transfer of (hopefully) 2 blasts!  Ahhh. This time next week I'll be PUPO!  @JamieH2000 I loved the spreadsheet but I can't update it with my dates :(

How is everyone else doing? Did anyone start injections yet?

• Options
    @knottie39402102 I have been doing acupuncture for since we decided to do ivf.  My acupuncturist focuses on women's health and does a discount with the fertility clinic I work with, so it's $40 per session.  I go once a week (usually) and with all the money we are spending on ivf, we figured it can't hurt to add this in too.  

Afm, I finished my last day on bc on Thursday, and I am continuing on Lupron nightly.  Once I have CD1 I will call for my baseline u/s and b/w and then add in estradiol and the pio before FET.   Slowly getting there...
  • Options
    @christinav2015- sorry I thought I had fixed the access! I updated your dates on the tracker! Best wishes in Monday and I think you are going to start us off with some greats numbers! ) hopefully no OHSS tho! When will your beta be?
    @jodes727- glad to hear you are getting closer! About how long does it take from cd1 to transfer?

if someone else would try to access the spreadsheet too and let me know how it goes, I'll try to keep fixing it!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 I was on bc for 3 weeks. Then have cd1 (spotting tonight) and then my FET will be 11/3. So, once cd1 starts after bc it will be about 3 1/2 weeks to the transfer.