Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF/Testing Check-In -- Week of 9/26

**General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): 

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)

How are things going?

Any questions? 

GTKY: What's one weird thing that you are strongly opinionated about? (i.e. something most people are not strongly opinionated about)

Re: IF/Testing Check-In -- Week of 9/26

• Options
    Diagnosis (If you've been): None yet. We will see after my appointment on the 4th.

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW - I believe. I am not 100% sure if I have O'd or not because I am not temping / charting etc right now. I plan on starting after seeing what the doctor says on the 4th.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) Taking prenatal vitamins while anxiously awaiting my appointment.

How are things going? They're alright. No complaints right now.

Any questions? No.

GTKY: What's one weird thing that you are strongly opinionated about? (i.e. something most people are not strongly opinionated about). I'm not sure. Everything coming to mind, a lot of people are strongly opinionated about (drugs, firearms, etc).

Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Diagnosis (If you've been): 
    Ovulation disorder 

Cycle/CD: 15/1

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WTO 

IUI #2 hopefully with letrozole this time.  

How are things going?  Nervous about scan on Wednesday.  Hoping there is nothing for the doc to want to cancel the cycle. 

Any questions? Nope 

GTKY: What's one weird thing that you are strongly opinionated about? (i.e. something most people are notstrongly opinionated about)

let me think on this one... Everything that comes to mind makes me sound like an ass, lol 
  • Options
    @Elyse1384 glad you were able to move forward! FX!

@mrsdaddario FX for your follicles! Wow to that story... I had a similar encounter with a couple that was done with the RE at my first appointment and I had seriously conflicting emotions.

@furbabymom2007 good luck at your scan!

@Bababatty I hope AF stays far away where she belongs!

Diagnosis (If you've been): Some PCOS-like symptoms, no ovulation due to overabundance of eggs and low hormone levels

Cycle/CD: 6/26

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) Femara, Trigger, and first IUI

How are things going? Pretty good today. I was on clomid until my doc changed me to Femara this cycle and I had a better response so that's good, and my lining has gotten better with each cycle. I had my u/s this morning that went well, so I will trigger Wednesday and have my first IUI on Thursday. I'm feeling nervous but also good about moving forward with the next step.

Any questions? Nope

GTKY: What's one weird thing that you are strongly opinionated about? (i.e. something most people are not strongly opinionated about) Hmm.. I have some grammar things thanks to my grammar obsessed editor mother, but other than that I can't think of much

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @Elyse1384  I'm so happy to hear that things got straightened out and that the transfer went smoothly!  How long do you have to wait to test after a transfer?  Just curious!

@SaphireSweetie88  sorry about the waiting... I feel your pain!  Hopefully the next week goes by quickly for you!

@mrsdaddario  Good luck with the upcoming scans.. FX that the medication does the trick and your follies grow!

@furbabymom2007  I hope your scan on Wednesday gives you the good to go for Letrozole!

@Bababatty  Sorry about the cramps and impending AF :neutral:
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @mokay19 - Thanks! I hope so too. I'm trying to find things to keep me distracted
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    britters314britters314 member
    edited September 2016
    Diagnosis (If you've been): no diagnosis yet (though possibly MFI)

Cycle/CD: cycle 13, CD 26

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  TWW, but really WTO because my period is going to show up tonight or tomorrow morning, which will put me at cycle 14 :(

-still waiting to hear on bloodwork from last week (I called and got some info, see questions section)
    -will schedule HSG once my period actually starts
    -H is supposed to re-do his SA, but we'll see if he actually gets himself over there to do it
    -trying Mucinex to improve CM during FW

How are things going?
    Pretty well, considering where I'm at in my cycle. The blow definitely has gotten easier for me after trying this long.

Any questions? 
    I called and asked about my bloodwork, but the doctor hadn't looked at it yet, so the nurse could only give me some information. I'll have to wait on the big ones. Here is what I do know was out of range if anyone wants to chime in on any info they know about them.

Total testosterone slightly elevated (51, when the normal high end of the range is 45)
    -Free testosterone was normal
    TSH elevated (she didn't give me the number, but I had it tested in December of last year and it was 2.95, so it's probably gone up)

GTKY: What's one weird thing that you are strongly opinionated about? (i.e. something most people are not strongly opinionated about)
    I talked about my weird car opinion on the TWW thread so I'll do a different one. This one people in Chicago are very opinionated about but nowhere else. I really hate Chicago-style deep-dish pizza. I just don't get why anyone would cook a pizza with the sauce on top of the cheese. The cheese ends up all rubbery and gross and normal pizza is just way better.

Edited: wording
  • Options
    @Elyse1384 - A lot of people are super intimidated. I swear to you all the things you read and all the tips and instructions are over complicated. once you have it in your hand and you know the gist of it, it's so stinking easy and your life is changed forever. I would encourage you to go buy a disposable version of the cup (Walmart has them) and just try. There's not harm in trying! worst case scenario, you can't figure it out or you hate it and you toss them or give the unopened ones away. 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    @rh10264706 Did you have a trigger shot? If not then I think that is a real positive!! So excited for you, and please update us on your beta results!! I don't want to prematurley say Congrats/H&H 9. That's the IF brain working, but I am keeping my fx for an excellent beta!!

• Options
    @Cait32 - Yes, the Diva cup is awesome. I admit though, I keep stock of the disposables just to have sex on my period... haha. 

but really. Cups are freaking awesome. I just recommend the disposables because they're good for starters and don't cost a ton for someone who is uncertain. 
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    Hi ladies!! I have always seen this thread but haven't participated because i wasn't sure if it was exclusively for people who are currently going through infertility treatments- or if it's for anyone who have ever been diagnosed with infertility?
    ****child mentioned****
    my husband and I have MFI (count and motility).   We went through all of our testing/treatment in 2015.   After months of testing, monitored cycles, and 3 IUIs we moved onto IVF and conceived our son.    So, right now we are trying to conceive naturally while we wait to use our 1 left over frosty from our IVF.  End TW******
    if this is only for women who are currently undergoing their fertility treatments, I totally understand!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @KristoB I've actually been looking into menstrual cups lately! What brand do you recommend? Do you find that the cup reduces your cramps? That's one reason I'm interested. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): endometriosis

Cycle/CD: Month 14/Cycle 12, CD 18

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WTO, but positive OPKs today, so hopefully I'll O tomorrow!

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) HSG and SA earlier this cycle. Both clear/normal, so we're just waiting for our follow-up appt on Oct 10.

How are things going? Pretty well, actually! H and I have been discussing the results of both tests, and we're kind of thinking that we might continue to try on our own for the rest of this year. It looks like all we're dealing with is the endo (not that it's not serious), so we really are hopeful that maybe we can do this without treatment. Is that crazy at this point? All treatment is going to be out of pocket, as well, so not that we can't afford it, but that's definitely a factor. 

Any questions? None, except the "am I crazy?" above...

GTKY: When people say they hate math. Like, I get irrationally angry when someone asks what my degree is in (mathematics/statistics) and they respond with such disgust, "Oh, I hate math! How can anyone enjoy that?!" or something similar. I'm not sure what makes it acceptable in our society to speak so negatively about the subject, but (the majority of) people don't go around talking about how much they hate history or science or some other school subject. I don't insult other people's chosen professions or degree paths, so I'm not sure what makes it okay to speak negatively about mine. Sorry, off my soap box now. :)
    The Lena is actually my favorite, though honestly, there isn't much difference between the Diva, Lena, Lunette, Etc. There are also super super cheap versions of those on Amazon. They don't last very long, but they might be worth it to try before you decide which to ultimately buy. You also might want to keep a box of the disposable cups, just to keep on e in your purse or whatever. I hate carrying around the cup when I expect AF, even though it's in a bag. It just feels weird. So I carry a disposable and use that till I get home (bonus, those you can use to have sex while you're on your period because they don't hold a firm shape). 
    As far as cramping, it sorta depends. the disposables give you a bit of cramps because they're a tad larger. but those only last a day and they aren't bad at all. And I don't even get that any more because my body is accustomed to it. I don't get cramps at all with the firm cups. Just be sure you are buying the correct size (pre or post childbirth. The best way to figure everything out is to just try it! That's why I say buy the cheap versions first. You can always find a cheap version that has the same shape as the expensive version, so you can buy multiple different shapes. I just would make sure you don't continue to use the cheap stuff because they break down rapidly. 

edit to add tag: @pretzel2plus1

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    @ReesaAnne16 - they specialize in it. I was really hopeful since they are the only one in the city that do. It turned out very well and I loved it!  Also, yes. Cups. DO IT.

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options

*lurking but I hope you don't mind if I ask a menstrual cup question*

My gynecologist told me I shouldn't use menstrual cups since I have endometriosis. (She similarly said I should change tampons frequently or avoid them on the day(s) of my heaviest flow - the idea is that tampons or menstrual cups can get full and cause backflow.) I've looked this up and the advice online about menstrual cups for endo is very conflicting, and I haven't found any reputable medical website like NIH or Mayo Clinic with a definitive answer. Do you know if this is a real caution? Thank you!

• Options
    @tripledaggerWed95976  I also think that you are more than welcome to join!  I don't think this thread is meant to feel that closed off and exclusive, we just want it to be a haven for people who understand these emotions and frustrations... even if you happen to not be going through treatment right now, you do have a diagnosis!
  • Options
    @mokay19 I'm sorry that your MIL's visit is going to be an extra stressor. Good luck with your move, though! 

@ClaireCF Good luck with your IUI this week! So many people seem to do better on Femara/Letrozole, I always wonder why they usually start with Clomid when there are so many side effects. I'm sure I could google this; I'm just musing. Anyway, glad you had a good response! 

@KristoB I hope your therapy appointment went well! Do you feel like it helped with your frustration? I think it's great to talk to people about this in real life as well as the Internet. I've got my first group therapy session tonight.

@rh10263706 That's exciting! Can't wait to hear the results of your blood test!

@Britters314 I agree on the pizza thing. Cheese on top all the way! 

@BaileyM321 and @ReesaAnne16 Yay for fellow Michiganders! My cousin from CA laughs at my family because we believe that anything grown or produced in MI is superior to everything else. The partisanship is definitely strong in our state. @ReesaAnne16 We have a cottage near TC! It's my favorite place in the world. We should take a break from IUI next cycle so we can get a plan going with the urologist we're meeting but I don't want to give up the chance of a summer baby--I already told DH at least one month of maternity leave is being spent at the lake. And FWIW I also say I'm from Michigan when people ask, but I follow it up begrudgingly with, "But now I live in New York." ;-)
  • Options
    @KristoB I'm glad therapy went well! I have been wondering if I should look into that as well. I have also been toying with the idea of using menstrual cups for a while, I actually had toxic shock in college so tampons are a bit of an issue for me. 

@rh10264706 let us know how your bloodwork comes out! FX!!

@BaileyM321 looks like everyone has responded but I definitely think its ok to post in here! Welcome! I started doing clomid and trigger shot without IUI for a couple of cycles, but will be adding IUI this cycle. Definitely go with what makes you the most comfortable!

@pretzel2plus1 definitely not crazy! I think it makes sense to give yourself some time to try naturally, and start treatment when you're ready.

@ReesaAnne16 yay (almost) IUI buddies!! Good luck today! Glad to hear the procedure isn't too uncomfortable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @ClaireCF - I would recommend the therapy. I feel so much better! It will be a life saver in those really rough months! 
    As far as cups- DOOO ITTTT. They really are the best decision I ever made. There has only been on case of TSS associated with the cups, and even tat was a stretch. The girl cut herself with her insanely long fingernails, so it really wasn't even the cup's fault. I highly recommend. 

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    Diagnosis (If you've been):  PCOS, premature LH surge leading to immature egg release

Cycle/CD: 16/1

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  I had my IUI today...AHHHHHHHHHHH

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  Clomid, Gonal-F, Ovidrel trigger, IUI, Progesterone

How are things going?  Ok.  I had 3 follicles yesterday at my appt and was surging so we had to scramble to get my IUI scheduled today.  They were 17, 16, and 16 MM.  I am following the same pattern as usual, surging earlier than I should be.  I was hoping to get a few above 18 but my body doesn't seem to want to let that happen. 

Any questions? Anyone have any luck with 17 MM follicles being viable?

GTKY: What's one weird thing that you are strongly opinionated about? (i.e. something most people are not strongly opinionated about).   People that post pictures of their meals on fbook, like anyone in the world cares what you are eating. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    Thank u ladies for welcoming me!!

@felix08 I'm so glad my story made you feel a bit more optimistic!! MFI is so hard, if I could go back and do it all over again I would skip all of the monitored cycles and IUIs and go straight to doing IVF.   Yes, it was definitely difficult- but I didn't find it all that much harder than doing IUI and (as you said) the results are SOOO much better! 
    My expectations of how hard it would be were sooo much worse than what it turned out to be.