Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: Halloween Costumes

britters314britters314 member
edited September 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Okay, since I accidentally made a duplicate post, here we go!

You can post pictures from the past or that you want/plan to do or pictures of pet costumes. Anything you want. Or, if you are like me and don't actually care about Halloween, you can always just do Cosplay in general :)

Re: GTKY: Halloween Costumes

• Options
    I did make one but it is buried on page 2.... 
  • Options
    I suppose I should have looked a little deeper, sorry! I'll clear this one and bump yours up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NBD.. there have been a lot of junk threads....how about update the title for next week real big??
  • Options
    Just turn this one into a GTKY thread :) maybe in the spirit of fall, a Halloween costume AW?
  • Options
    @britters314 I like @furbabymom2007 's idea! I'm not super creative with costumes personally, but I love seeing what other people come up with. 

• Options
    @furbabymom2007  I didn't even think about a GTKY thread. I saw we already had a GIF party going so I wasn't sure what to do lol. 
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I have nothing planned yet. But, @furbabymom2007, if that came to my door I'd pee my pants from laughing. I hope you succeed. 

Edits: because words
  • Options
    DH and I are planning on going as little red riding hood and the lumberjack who kills the wolf, so we'll have some blood on us and a wolf head in my basket. Having a little trouble finding a "modest" red riding hood costume but I'll keep looking or come up with something lol
  • Options
    @rainbowturtles if you can't find a modest one, you can always layer underneath with leggings and a cami/bralette!

• Options
    @rainbowturtles Love that idea!
    @maebee87 Too.freaking. cute. Family costumes are legitimate reasons to procreate IMO.
    @tripledaggerWed95976 Adorable! I saw this through a friend the other day. Lots of not-so-literal costumes. The Sally ones really stuck out to me. https://www.unique-vintage.com/collections/the-happiest-collection-on-earth/rag-doll.html

I really want to be Gomez and Morticia Addams if DH will play along! He's usually pretty easygoing when I force him ask him to do a couples' costume with me. We've done Peg and Al Bundy, all black, white, and gray make-up for silent film stars, Richie and Margot Tennenbaum, and a few others that are escaping me. He draws the line at Prince Eric and Ariel though. Hmpfh. He would make the best Prince Eric, too!

• Options

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    One of my fave costumes the Mr and I did: dead musicians

He was Dimebag (Pantera) and I was Elvis. We went bar hopping in San Francisco. It was awesome!
    I wish I had more (read: better) pictures from that night

• Options
    Last year we dressed up as Rugrats characters since we wanted to do a group costume. I sewed all the costumes myself. Me and my brother are twins so we were Phil and Lil, DH was Tommy, and my SIL was Angelica. 
  • Options
    @swanbrooner omg thank u for that!! I had been looking for my costume and could only find the boring Halloween store ones.  I'm going to buy this one!!
  • Options
    ladystinsonladystinson member
    edited September 2016
    We were going to do Mario Brothers, Me as Princess Peach (before she got all slutty in Mario Kart Wii lol) DS as Mario, DSS as Luigi and DH as Bowser. But then we realized its a monday and DSS wont be with us... not sure what we're doing now

ETA: Last year we went as bride and groom/newlyweds because we got married on 10/29 and were on our honeymoon!

We dress up at work and have a costume contest. Our first year here (started around the same time) I went with the other girls from my office as OITNB characters and DH went as his office-mate (a hysterical woman who we love. shes his "work wife" she even supplied the jewelry for him!)
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @laurad75 love it! DH has no shame and loves halloween. I'm sorry, drag is funny, I'm all for it!
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @laurad75 OMG! That's hilarious! 

@MamaCoffin love the family outfit. I used to have hair down past my waist and dressed as Morticia, but missed having anyone to dress with me

My work team said they want to do a group costume theme this year so I'm super excited about that. I'm a big Halloween fan. The Mr won't let me put up my decorations until 10/1 so I'm counting the days...

• Options
    We have no idea what to be this year! Last year, we were Wonder Woman and Superman. Maybe we'll do the joker and catwoman? 

Me: 27   DH: 28
    Married: November 2015
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @laurad75 my husband also always dresses in drag for halloween. Last year he was Princess Bubblegum!
  • Options
    I want to be an Olympic gymnast this year. H wants to be Bob Ross.

I had to work last year so I wore cat ears and that was it. Booooooo
  • Options
    @spk112 me and my husband were bob Ross and a tree last year! Everyone loved it! 

This year im thinking pulp fiction characters or burglars 
  • Options
    My go-to has been Cruella Deville. I seem to pull that one out every few years.  This year, I've really only thought about DD.  She's got two costumes because I'm crazy.  Minnie Mouse and Alice (in wonderland). MM is because her cousin will be Mickey and we're going to a parade together.  Alice is because she's blonde and I'm obsessed! Also, she's 1 and has no say. 
  • Options

Throwback to when I was Garth - party time, excellent!

This year my 18 month old is going as a dragon - we tried the costume on yesterday and it was a great fit. :)

1.jpg 61.3K

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Options
    DH and DD.C (18 mo) will be Curious George and The Man in the Yellow Hat.  DD.R (3 1/2) wants to be a cheetah. I'm usually a witch, but might change it up this year. 

DD.R: 2013
    DD.C: 2015
    #3EDD: 8/1/2017

• Options
    @cryssteen Those sound adorable!  I love seeing Disney costumes.  DD.R is also a blonde, but is in camp Belle.

@laurad75 & @dinosaur We're lovers of the Halloween drag scene too!  DH and I did Peter Pan (me) and Tinkerbell (DH) in college.

DD.R: 2013
    DD.C: 2015
    #3EDD: 8/1/2017

• Options
    @PeachyTeachy OMG!!! To funny!!
  • Options
    These costumes are getting out of hand. I found a sexy corn today. 
    This made me think of this video. Warning: language

https://youtu.be/V4rUiV_Hh74

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    BasherbabyBasherbaby member