Multiples
Options

Sleeping Question

I have 12 week old twins (4 weeks adjusted) who were born at 31 weeks. They spent 5 weeks in the nicu before coming home. They are on a 3 hour eating schedule during the day and can stretch to 4 hours at night. What I'm wondering is how old were your twins before they went longer than 4 hours? We are both getting up to feed them (bottle fed) and are exhausted. We would love a 5 hour stretch sooner than later. Any advice on how to make this happen or when it did for your babies would be greatly appreciated!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sleeping Question

• Options
    I think about 3/4 months old (10 weeks preterm). It was at that point that one was waking every time- so we would wake the others to feed too. We stopped waking them up and that's when longer stretches happened. One baby woke more frequently but 1/3 isn't so bad. That's a quick 15 minutes!
    hang in there. It gets better. The exhaustion phase is almost over for you!

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Options
    We were feeding every 3 hours (9 PM, midnight, 3 AM, etc..)  By 3-4 months, they dropped that midnight feeding & it was glorious to sleep from 10-3! Then they eventually dropped that 3 AM feeding too. They've been sleeping from 7:30-7 AM since about 6 months. Hang it there---on night, it will just happen! Try to avoid solids until 6 months (or until your MD recommends) but that should help with sleep too. Also, stick to your solid routine at bedtime--that'll make life much easier!
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!