Trouble TTC
Options

Ovulation (?) paaaaaaaaain

BWhittaBWhitta member
edited September 2016 in Trouble TTC
(Trigger*loss mentioned)

okay, y'all, here's the situation:

I got a positive OPK today (yay, it's only been 2.5 weeks since my mc, I was really worried I wouldn't ovulate on my own!) and of course my hubs is out of town on business, ugh.  But anyway, I should be ovulating tomorrow I guess, but I am having a LOT of dull pain!!!!!!  Ugh.  Anyone else have this?  Should I be worried????

Hubby and I did BD yesterday so maybe there are some strong swimmers in there!!!!!!!!
Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)

Re: Ovulation (?) paaaaaaaaain

• Options
    I have heard of women having ovulation pain and I have felt some pain on one side right around the time I ovulate...but it was pretty mild.  I am, in general, one who normally takes a watch and wait kind of attitude in almost all things health related.  I wouldn't worry too much about it...see how you feel tomorrow....but that's just my personal opinion.

Fx for strong swimmers!
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Options
    I normally get very distinct, strong O pain every month. Either the day of or the day after a positive OPK. Like clockwork and it switches sides almost every other month. I never had these pains until I'd been off BC for several months. 

Some women don't get O pain every month though. I see them in the ER because they think they have appendicitis or something really wrong with them. It's funny to hear the Dr go in and say "well, we figured out what's wrong with you! You're ovulating!" :) 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BWhitta two cycles ago I had such bad O pain I just had to go to bed, definitely In Too much pain for BD. Sure enough I went in for blood work and my progesterone came back at a 14.6. Just a "strong O" as the nurse put it
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe @PoeMasque @hoffmanr7

Thanks, y'all!  I experienced really bad o pain the first couple cycles after I went off birth control, before I was diagnosed with PCOS and I had NO idea what it was and definitely thought something was wrong, haha.  So at least now I know what it is when I feel it I just hadn't had it this bad in quite some time!  I guess I was worried it meant something was wrong because the last couple cycles I've known for sure that I was ovulating and didn't really feel much.

It felt better yesterday for sure!  But seriously, has to be like the worst thing to happen when you're supposed to be trying to get pregnant, haha, I was glad DH was out of town bc there's no way sex would have been pleasant!  Hubby comes home this afternoon, my opk was still positive yesterday and then faint today so maybe the egg will still be viable when he gets home and/or there were some swimmers there waiting!!!! TWW here I come!
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • Options
    I have only ovulated once that I know of, but after my IUI I felt lots of cramping and pain (which I take now to be my ovulation). I hope there's a swimmer up there for you! If you got busy last night and have O pain today, you might have some good timing!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    I can tell you from experience that BD while having O pain can be really uncomfortable. It happens to me regularly, but we usually find a position that works. I've always wondered why our bodies would cause pain right when they want us to BD?! Seems counter productive 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    PoeMasque said:
    I can tell you from experience that BD while having O pain can be really uncomfortable. It happens to me regularly, but we usually find a position that works. I've always wondered why our bodies would cause pain right when they want us to BD?! Seems counter productive 
    Because our bodies suck! Lol jk 
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker