1st Trimester

So tired I want to cry

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and constantly exhausted, sometimes to the point that I want to cry its so terrible. I get a lot of sleep at night (read: I go to bed early, but I wake up a zillion times to pee etc.) and I nap on weekends, but it just feels hopeless on days that I have to go to work and can't nap. I get in feeling like a zombie and honestly wonder all day long "how am I going to make it through today?" I don't know how to deal with this misery.

Re: So tired I want to cry

• Loading the player...
  • pregnancy insomnia/ tiredness < exhaustion from feeding a screaming newborn every 2 hours around the clock 

Take a unisom and enjoy the sleep that you are getting now. It only gets worse. Much much worse. 

Also, just wait until you are 8 months along and your huge baby is not only stretching your body to the max, it is keeping you awake all. night. long. Kicking you in the ribs and having a dance party in your ute. 

Godspeed on your pregnancy journey my friend!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry, I'm only a little ahead of you at 9w5d, but right there with you on the tired (and I'm almost 39 so I feel like i have less energy than I did when I was younger as it is!).  I've resorted to taking naps in my car during lunch - and really hate the days on which I'm unable to.  Also because I feel like a fat cow because I don't have the energy to exercise (used to 5x/week).  I honestly have no idea how people do this with little ones!  Hoping for that 2nd tri reprieve.
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • This is my fourth but the exhaustion kicks my butt every time. I cry every other day because I just want to sleep haha! BUT I know it's all for a good reason and I know it gets better/you get used to it over time (until, like the pps have said, third tri kicks in and you're so big and so uncomfortable that you want to rip your body apart just to get a moment of relief...:p). Hang in there :)
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Welcome to pregnancy. Some ladies don't get the second tri burst of energy and are exhausted the whole time.
  • I'm in my 2nd tri, and still just as exhausted. 

This his must be your first pregnancy? Just wait until baby comes. You'll look back and long for the sleep of today.
  • honestly, you are going to have to get used to it :/ pregnancy is definitely exhausting, but it's nothing compared to when your LO actually arrives. enjoy the sleep you're able to get now, because you'll have to function off of far less come April. 
  • Just another opinion. I am lucky enough to sleep better during first tri, I'm always exhausted usually haha and it's worse when pregnant but this time around my insomnia hasn't been nearly as bad. Third tri is a whole nother story. Those saying you'll feel even worse after baby gets here are nuts if they are comparing it to third tri haha! I sleep WAY better once baby is here than I do when I'm huge and uncomfortable. I'm getting up and nursing but at least I'm not so uncomfortable all the time that I don't get any sleep.
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis