TTC after 35

September check in!

Tell us: 

your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer) 

where you're from 

TTC#?

how many months/cycles you've been TTC

where you are at in your cycle

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related.

GTKY question: what's your favorite thing about fall? 
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: September check in!

• Since I have such awful access to an actual computer these days I'll start! 

Jeni, from Oregon

TTC#1 

12 cycles/11mos 

CD 12 today and just got a positive OPK! 

We go in for our first IUI tomorrow morning. My SO is loathing the whole sperm gathering process (he's not good at going into a cup at the lab....can't blame him). I'm pretty excited, only because we are finally doing something other than BD this cycle. I was super worried the timing wouldn't work out and I wouldn't get a positive OPK till Saturday, but it all worked out great! 

On the rant side (and not TTC related), our house, which is on a hill, seems to be sliding down the hill. We have a bunch of new cracks in walls and foundation. We just bought it in April and it looks like the previous owners covered up the foundation cracks, so we may be looking at a lawsuit against them or just a huge bill for foundation work :( 

Fall is my favorite time of year! I can't wait to relax on the couch with my coffee, knitting, and a scary movie while it rains outside! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Momifbysea from CA (presently Iowa)

TTC# 2 (first conceived at 38, birth @ 39-1/2)

how many months/cycles you've been TTC: since Nov 1015 but 6 cycles

where you are at in your cycle: 15 or 16DPO according to digital OPK, CD27

I am beyond over the wait this cycle. I told myself I wasn't going to get BSC but seriously, look at me!!! Kinda laughing at myself, will pass the time this weekend trying to keep distracted. Plan is to test after the weekend. If AF comes this weekend, will get RE referral as I'm feeling real age pressure with my new number!

My fave thing about fall is the fun foods that come with it, an excuse to make soups and things with pumpkin. Also great fall hiking and sound of crunching leaves.
  • Loading the player...
  • Karla from Kansas City

TTC #2 - DD was born March 2011 - conceived at 30

Been TTC since end of May 2016 but really this is our 4th cycle

I'm at Cycle 4 CD 14 - been doing digital OPKs since CD 11 and no smile face yet.  The sucky thing is DH leaves for an out of town wedding he is working this morning and comes back Sunday so I have a feeling my smile face will be either tomorrow or Sunday but I still have hope because we've been BD about every other day or so and we are going to today before he leaves and then Monday after he gets back so hopefully the swimmers will be waiting.

For me I'm kinda freaked out that its taking longer than it did for me to conceive DD (1 month) and I"m worried its because of my age (36), but then I remind myself what I have to be grateful for right now and that it's all in Gods time.  I"m pretty sure though if I'm not pregnant by cycle 6 I'll be really bummed and worried.

This month I'm not going to worry about pregnancy signs and freak myself out over something that may not even be happening.  If my pregnancy symptoms are anything like they were with DD - it will be pretty obvious when it happens.  I'm hoping to get into a yoga workshop next weekend.  I started the Maca Root last week.

I made the mistake of telling our neighbor that we were trying and instantly brought up infertility and asking if my OB knows about it and maybe I'm low in progesterone.  Really?  All the negative thoughts came rushing back in my head but I was able to get them out of my mind the next day.

I LOVE fall - the colors, the weather, pumpkin everything.  It goes way too fast.  I just put up our decor on Monday.  I got mums for the front porch and we need to get pumpkins soon.  Our wedding anniversary is October 3rd - 7 years.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @PoeMasque - Jeni, I hope everything went well for you today.  I will also be doing my first IUI the next cycle and both excited and nervous about.  

Laura from Boston

TTC #1 since May 2016.  We've been trying for 5 cycles.  I am at CD 43 (that is not a typo) and approximately 12 DPO.  

I took clomid this cycle days 5-9 and it caused me to O very late and over a stretch that H was traveling.  I was so disappointed. This cycle we also completed our RE testing and just about everything looks good with the exception of my 'very low' AMH level.  Tubes are clear, estrogen and FSH looks good and H's SA looked good too.  

I am expecting AF any day and then will look forward to another round of clomid CD 3-7 and then IUI the day after a positive OPK.  

I love fall in New England!  Its beautiful and perfect running weather!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 - we've been trying almost the same amount of time.  Do you mind if I ask why you are already doing clomid and IUI - don't they usually say to wait at least 6 months of TTC.
  • @vlagrl29   I went off BC in the beginning of February but we didn't actively start trying until May which is why I use that date.  Back in June we discovered that my AMH level is in the 'very low' category plus I am 41 so I was immediately referred to an RE for more testing.  I had to do a clomid challenge for insurance purposes.  Basically considering my age and low ovarian reserve I don't have six months to just see what happens.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75

that makes sense - I was just curious
  • @vlagrl29 I know it seems rushed.  When I got the AMH results and they wanted me to see the RE right away I was really confused and sad that we couldn't just be patient and take our time.  Luckily we LOVE our RE and don't feel like we are being rushed but we do have to be aggressive a little sooner than we anticipated. 

@PoeMasque That's great!  I love that they were so positive.  FX for you!!!!

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• how do they even test your egg level?  I'm glad you love your RE - its great to be around someone supportive
  • jennh75bjennh75b member
    edited September 2016
    Jenn from PA

TTC# 1 consistently since February, inconsistently since September 2014.

I'm at CD8.

I'm somewhat taking a break from all things TTC except prenatals, but I am laid up in bed right now so I'm bored and decided to pop in.  We did the clomid for 3 months, and I'm pretty much over that, I think it was possibly affecting my moods. I feel much more relaxed now that I've taken my mind off of TTC, it's not always easy to do so.  I am not going to tell H when it's my FW as i usually do and just plan on seducing him a few times if I happen to feel like it.  If he turns me down then no biggie. I'm avoiding using FF, too.

I love getting out all of my cooler weather clothes and buying new ones, I'm a sweater addict.  I love decorating for fall, too.  There are too many things to love about fall...a nice drive on a Saturday to look at leaves, the smells, the food. Plus we got married in the fall because we love it so much....Oct. 11th.  

Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • And best of luck to all of you ladies and those of you trying out IUI!!!!!!
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • vlagrl29 said:
    how do they even test your egg level?  I'm glad you love your RE - its great to be around someone supportive
    I am assuming this question was for me and my comments about AMH levels.   AMH is Anti-Mullerian Hormone which is produced by cells in ovarian follicles so as the production of the follicles begins to decrease so does the level of the hormone.  A 'normal' AMH level is 1.5 - 4, mine was .22 most likely due to my age.  Also, AMH only reflects quantity not quality so while it sucks that my level is so low, its not 0 and other blood tests (like FSH) are coming back in a much more normal range so that is good news.  

Am I making any sense to you?  It's a lot of information.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Labluver from Pa

TTC #1 since July 2015
    CD # 4  just started seeing a RE last week. Going thru testing now. Started me on Clomid which I finish tomorrow. Friday I go in for bloodwork and HSG test. Monday I go in for ultrasound and if all is good a trigger shot to bring on ovulation then timed intercourse. 

Trying this way for now until we can come up with the money for IUI our insurance pays nothing.

I love everything about fall!!! The changing of the leaves, the crisp air, the smell of pumpkin candles. I just don't like raking the leaves!!