Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

New here and need advice : endometrial biopsy

This is my second loss. With the first one we had D&C after the diagnosis of BO. With this one we found abnormality after a scan at 6 weeks could not find the pregnancy anywhere in my body. I thought I would get sceduled to a D&C but instead Dr just wants to do an endometrial biopsy in his office. 

I'm so confused as I don't get why he would just not do a D&C and biopsy together. Everywhere I read it is said a biopsy should not be done if pregnant. Secondly the procedure is supposed to be very painful. I have to dissolve the pregnancy anyways so am not sure how this works. 

My question: has anyone experienced something similar on procedure and thoughts?

second - if anyone here did have a biopsy was it very painful?

i have been frantically trying to reach my OB to discuss but he has been in surgery today so was hard to reach but until then I thought I'd ask this group here. 

Re: New here and need advice : endometrial biopsy

• I'm so very sorry for your loss. I do not have any experience with this but I hope someone else is able to offer insight or you are able to talk to your doctor. My fetal tissue was sent to pathology from the D&C.  I'm keeping you in my thoughts. 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Thank you @beary67; I went in this morning, still no baby on ultrasound anywhere and I am 6+ weeks. they could not get a sample as it was too hard to reach my cervix for the Dr. so now I am scheduled for a D&C next week.

• Loading the player...
  • @avas_dream I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.  If you need anything or have questions, please feel free to reach out  <3
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • I was 7 weeks along and they could barely find mine on any ultrasound because it was imbedded in my muscle fibers.  I can understand what you are going through.  I am so sorry.

Can you get a second opinion from another doctor.  Thankfully I went to the ER and there were 3  OBGYN doctors that day and they all looked at my ultrasounds together. It helped put me a little more at ease knowing that they all agreed on the prognosis.