Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Ava bracelet, yay or nay?

Wow does google know how to target me or what?  I've been seeing ads for Ava on every social media I use and site I visit!  

I don't know anyone who used/uses it.  The site has positive testimonials (obviously, it's their own site) but I'm looking for real feedback.  Honestly, I think it's worth the money if it does everything it's supposed to and is a real help in tracking your system but if it lacks or isn't much more accurate than a wondofo strip, I'd rather not waste the money.    

Success stories or otherwise?  Is it relatively user friendly?  Would love some feedback! 

Re: Ava bracelet, yay or nay?

• Options
    sounds great... but given that its 200 bucks and I've never heard of it until now.... I'm gonna pass for the moment
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Megzb510 hit my issue with it on the head.  I actually saw quite a few ads for it too (creepy stalking Facebook...) but my main issue with it is that my cycles are irregular and are rarely under 35 days.  I know that their website doesn's say that it won't necessarily work for cycles longer than 35 days, the fact that it hasn't been tested is enough to prevent me from spending the money.
  • Options
    I haven't heard of anyone using it. Temping is not difficult especially if you set a silent alarm (phone or fitbit) and way cheaper!
  • Options
    I have seen tons of ads for it as well. I must admit that I did break down & buy a wearable BBT tracker called iFertracker... I work changing shifts and wake up a lot in the night, plus DH is an incredibly light sleeper with difficulty getting back to sleep and the beeping from Mabis is enough to wake him up. I worried about accuracy temping 1 night at 5 AM and another morning at 9AM and also about pissing off DH. My fears were somewhat confirmed when I found my temps to be erratic using waking temp. So I just shelled out the $140 bucks for iFertracker on Amazon. This way, I should get a true BBT rather than waking temp, which requires more consistency for many women.

Raaing Medical updated the app while I was on vacation and the new version wouldn't sync temps for 5 or 6 days, I was so annoyed. On the plus side, their customer service was responsive and they did fix the issue. But other than that is has been working well for me and even gives me notifications if there wasn't enough data to create a reliable temp (I didn't sleep enough) or when my temp spike was sufficient to imply ovulation.

The thing is literally double stick taped under your armpit with a temperature sensor that is in constant contact, but it is so small I don't even notice. The (few) reviews on Amazon implied that a few users experience rashes from taping the device, some of them see a short battery life, and the app isn't user friendly. Other reviews were mostly positive. I would agree with the app complaints but I haven't experienced any other issues (and I just take the temp and put it into FF anyway).

However, this device is not predictive of FW so I only got it for accuracy reasons, and also convenience since I don't have to wake up early just to temp and don't have to wake up DH. I can't say I'd recommend it yet, but it could be worth looking into if you are worried about those same problems. I am not sure what data Ava uses to predict FW but speculating on the issues it has recognizing anovulation or working for irregular/lengthy cycles it may just be using previous cycles to predict your current cycle.
    Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• Options
    kd0202kd0202 member
    edited September 2016

I've been using the ava bracelet for about two weeks. So far I really like it. It predicted my ovulation date and after a few days actually moved it up, I'm assuming because of data it pulled from me when I slept.

Here is some background: I went off birth control in Feb and was using OPK and temping BBT to find my fertile window and confirm ovulation. The first two months I found I ovulated on day 21 of a 30 day cycle. The temping and peeing was pretty consuming and my husband had to travel a lot for the summer so I just let fertility friend predict my fertile window based on those two months and when my period was. So naturally it kept predicting O on day 21. My cycles were 30 days for the first three months off bc then started to waver by 1-4 days (28, 31, 34, 29 were my last four.

So I ordered the ava bracelet and started wearing it this month. It told me I was at high fertility on day 10 of my cycle and predicted ovulation on day 16. Since I though I was going to ovulate on day 21, at first I was frustrated. Was this expensive bracelet no better than a counting app that was assuming I was like most women that ovulate around day 14? But then the next day it suddenly changed and said I was now in peak fertility and that ovulation was going to happen on day 13 of my cycle. I can't imagine it would suddenly change like that unless some data it collected from me made it change its prediction. Perhaps my luteal phase actually changed over the last few months and Ive been timing sex all wrong. Perhaps thats the reason I haven't had much luck getting pregnant. Not sure but if it is true Im super glad to have found that out. Ive heard over and over that luteal phases don't really change that much but I've also read some other sources say it can alter after coming off of bc. I typically don't produce much cervical mucus but I actually was finding small amounts of ewcm when I wiped during the time ava said I was fertile. That added some credibility to the prediction. 

Anyways, if its accurate it is a hell of lot easier than opks and temping etc. I think next month I will temp and see if the data matches up with what the bracelet predicts.

<3  Me: 30 | DH: 28  <3
    Together since 2013 | Married 2014
    TTC since March 2016
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN 
    Dx: unexplained & mild MFI | Rx: Femara w/ trigger & IUI
    1st IUI:  BFP. Chemical Pregnancy
    2st IUI: BFN
    3rd IUI: BFN
    1 round femara 7.5: BPF!
    Due date March 2018
  • Options
    I would love to hear that it works - I am not great about remembering to temp - and I only "have" to get up at 5:45 half the week!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    spcraigspcraig member
    edited June 2017
    @kd0202 Since you have the bracelet, do you have a friend referral code? I want to get one for my sister who has been TTC for 3 years. 
  • Options
    I just want to say the raising hand gifs gave me a nice little chuckle. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"