Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin 09/12/2016

2»

Re: TTTC Checkin 09/12/2016

• @hoffmanr7 – good for you for booking an appointment with a therapist!  I would really like to see one but my hubby isn’t too keen on it.

@lablover78 – I had super sore breasts last month for the first time and it made me wonder if I had ever truly ovulated haha!  Such a weird feeling.

@starlitfae – fingers crossed for a sticky baby at the end of your TWW!

@mandybeeslp – I took metformin for a few months and it really wasn’t that bad.  The things you read online over exaggerated the side effects I think!  Just watch your carb intake – I found if I ate a lot of carbs at once (ie. Pizza and then cake) I would have digestive issues.

@wifeinraleigh28 – I hope your FET went well!  Fingers crossed!

@harleyquinn0621 – good for you guys to sign up for being foster parents!  I know there are so many kids out there that need a good supportive environment!

@bababetty – what is your husband’s sperm count? Mine is low (but not nonexistent) and I worry about the potential for post-wash numbers to be too low eventually too (if we go the IUI route). Fingers crossed for a successful IUI!

@worldtravler0522 – the 21st is coming up so soon!  Exciting! Good luck with the transfer!

So we had our first appointment with the RE.  I suspect we will have a dual factor diagnosis but are still waiting on more tests.  The RE does NOT think I have PCOS (I guess my GP was wrong!) so that’s good at least.

I went for bloodwork for an AMH (results take two weeks) and have to call to book my HSG when my period comes next.  DH has to provide a sample for a “swim up test” which is apparently some sort of semen analysis where they put the sperm through something that mimics CM and see if they can survive/swim through it.  (Has anyone had this done??)

The RE did an U/S at the appointment which showed I have a low antral follicle count.  He only found 6 follices (2 on the right and 4 on the left) which isn’t very good.  My day 3 FSH was fine so it doesn’t correlate with low ovarian reserve.  We’ll see what the AMH shows but I’m not feeling very hopeful at this point.

We were given a prescription for letrozole and instructions to come back in 4 months if we don’t have success. Is anyone else here from Canada?  It seems its standard practice here to do this unmonitored (no ultrasounds to assess for follicles and no progesterone to confirm ovulation).  I’m sure I could ask my GP for a req for a Day 21 Progesterone and just get that sent to the lab – but the results would take a while to come back and by that point if I had success I might know I was pregnant before the lab test comes back!

@GoldenKeys – can you change my status to Dx: low antral follicle count + MFI and Rx: letrozole + testing with RE – thanks!

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP
  • @worldtravler0522 Wednesday, which I believe is the same day as your transfer :D

TTC since 2011

• Loading the player...
  • @starlitfae I appreciate the offer to help keep each other sane because I sure NEED IT!  Transfer was yesterday morning and everything went perfectly according to my doctor, but I am a nervous wreck already.  How am I going to last the remaining 9 days now until my beta?!  Our embryo was also PGS normal so I know the chances are good, but it's pretty hard to believe that anything will work for me.  How are you keeping yourself distracted while you wait?  And also, when is your beta??
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @starlitfae yep, we are transfer date twins :) 

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• @wifeinraleigh28 so glad to hear everything went well!  Also you are super lucky to have so many frozen embryos (as I see from your siggy), I only have one more :x.  My first beta is on Wednesday.  I'm sending you a private message, just so I am not boring the world rofl :D

TTC since 2011

• @Bababatty haha, yea, our RE is in a hospital that has a pharmacy and they have it!  So I called that Sunday morning after my breakdown at CVS and they had me come right in and pick it up :) glad to know for my next round!

I'm feeling so weird about this "cycle" (post 5 week loss) because I have NO idea where we are in the cycle, such a change from being so closely monitored the last few cycles!  Can't decide if I even want to buy some HPTs...we have to wait until mid-October for my period if I need Provera to get it going.  Again, just so weird to have no idea where we are!  Feeling good and positive, though!
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • @seethosestars At both of our IUIs, the post-wash motile count has been 2.4-2.6 million. I'm not sure what the actual count was, but my understanding is that was about 22% motility. 

Good luck with your letrozole! I know very little about these things, but perhaps they feel comfortable using letrozole unmonitored because it's not as....potent? strong? likely to cause enthusiastic follicle growth as Clomid? I'm really just rambling. I'm sure others have a better idea than I.

@BWhitta Glad you also have a pharmacy with all the relevant drugs I n your back pocket now. :-)

Out of curiosity, what does everyone do with their ovidrel and other needles? I just took mine to a safe disposal event in my neighborhood, but those are seasonal. Surely there's a better way?
  • @Bababatty  Thanks! on our last SA we were at 8 million but I don't really know how many are typically "lost" in the wash.  Anyways I'm getting ahead of myself!  As far as the letrozole from what I have read it doesn't cause lining issues like Clomid so there's that part at least that doesn't need to be monitored.  Maybe it also doesn't cause the big cysts that clomid does (but that's a guess too).  I haven't had to deal with used needles but I wonder if the pharmacy might take them and be able to dispose of them?  They often take used or old medications so maybe they also do that with needles?

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP
  • @BaBabatty I'm not a good example when it comes to needles. When the container I am using for sharps is full, I seal it and throw it away. To be fair, I learned that from my mom with her insulin injections, and I had no idea there was another way.

What you could do (I did it once) was bring them to a hospital for them to dispose of. Just don't listen if they tell you to take the needles out of the container you have them in and put them in a sharps container. They had me do that (some of the bathrooms had sharps containers in them) and I stabbed myself several times with my own used needles trying to get them out and into the containers. Not safe at all! 

TTC since 2011

• This may be a really dumb question, but our post-wash SA said: 134.7M/mL, 35% motility, 3+

is there more math to do on the count? How did we have 134.7 million? I thought 20-80 million was a high count? Mabe I'm reading the"M" wrong? 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque My husband's was really high like that when we did our IUI. I can't remember the exact number she told me, but it was over 100 mil. She seemed extremely pleased with it, like you I had no real idea what it all meant.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Thanks @clt2pwm11 the OB said something in passing about motility, then said, "but there are more than enough in there" I was hoping that meant the number was really over 100 million, but didn't know if I needed to multiply that by .35 to get the actual number that can swim. :) 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque Yes, you will want to multiply by .35 to get the total motile sperm count post-wash. However, any number over 20 million motile sperm is considered fantastic! So congrats and good luck!!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 That makes sense!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"