Infertility

October IUI

1234568»

Re: October IUI

• Welp, my period started this morning. I ovulated late this month so I'm guessing it was too late. My period is also two days early. I'm wondering if maybe the IUI kinda jump started my period? Idk. This is the first time this has happened so early and soon after an IUI. 

Me: 29 DH: 30Married 07/05/2008TTC since 09/2013IUI: Oct. 17 2015 BFN: 11/05/15IUI: June 14 2016 BFP: 07/04/16 (Miscarried07/06/16)IUI: Sep. 21 2016 BFN: 10/05/16IUI: Oct. 24 2016 BFN: 10/29/16IUI: Nov. 11 2016 BFN: 11/25/16IUI Feb. 26 2018 BFN: 03/08/18 (First IUI with meds)IUI March 26 2018 BFP: 04/10/18Furbaby: Copper (Shiba Inu) 3 years old

• And I'm out.  AF over the weekend.

And my RE wants me to take a cycle off so we can have a consult to determine next steps, since this was med cycle #3/4 depending how you look at it (3 with trigger and IUI, 4 with Clomid/let).  I'm a little annoyed that no one gave me the heads up earlier about "hey, if this cycle doesn't take, you're out for a month" but whatever.  Our consult is in a couple weeks.  They're going to push injectables this time I think, and start talking about IVF, which I don't really know if I want to do.  I've had terrible side effects with the oral meds, not sure I want to go on stronger drugs.  

Although I guess it works out ok because I also have to have my wisdom teeth out, so at least I was able to get that scheduled for before our consult, so I won't have to worry about that affecting my cycles moving forward.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry to hear that @Katkirch BFN's suck :(

I'm testing this Saturday the 5th, but already preparing myself for the BFN.  My optimism is almost nonexistent for this round.
  • Lurking from the Nov IUI...

@Sasha29 To provide some encouragement, I didn't try Clomid, just sent straight to injectables (follistim). I didn't have anything that I could call a side effect. I was a little more emotional, but that could have been stress related. 
  • Question and TMI - I'm 9dpIUI so I've been taking these Progesterone inserts since last Tuesday. They cause lots of "wetness" and my external area is super irritated because of it. It doesn't have all of the symptoms of a yeast infection, just external irritation and itching. I can't stand all of this moisture, so I didn't use the progesterone insert for the past 2 days. It's clearing up a bit, but I'm not sure if it's dangerous to the potential pregnancy if I don't use them. I sent an email to my doctor but haven't heard back yet so I figured I'd ask the experts! What do you think?

Thank you!!! 
    Jennifer
    Charlotte, NC
  • I'm happy and sad to join this thread. I was in my first IVF cycle this month and I was cancelled on Friday because I had only 1 dominant follicle. I had my IUI today since they didn't want to only retrieve 1 egg. It's a pretty dominant egg so I'm hoping the IUI will stick. TWW begins today! 
    Me: 37 / Hubs: 42
    TTC: April 2013
    DOR: AMH .3 - 1.31 (it varies); FSH: 5.1
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
    IVF #1 Sep/Oct Microdose Lupron Protocol - IVF cancelled only 1 follicle
    IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
    Donor Egg Cycle as soon as we find a match
  • @jwg101  I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the Progesterone.  Of all the drugs I've been on, it has been my least favorite as well.  I don't know anything about not using them but I wore pantyliners when I was using them to help absorb the moisture.  Not sure if you tried that or if it would help you. 

@Chartleib I'm so sorry that AF came so early for you.  Hoping you get some answers as to why that happened.

@LuluMurph Thanks.  I'm sorry you're not feeling optimistic either.  I think it sucks just as much or maybe more than being hopeful and getting a negative.  Hoping that you get a surprise positive!

@Sasha29  I'm sorry that you're taking a cycle off. There is so much waiting in this process. I wish they would have told you that sooner too.  Sometimes they are terrible and communicating.  Hoping you get lots of information and are able to feel good about the decision moving forward.  

Me: 28 with PCOS
    DH: 30, TTC since May 2015
    Started 2000mg Metformin in 8/2016
    8/2016: Letrozole (4 follies)  BFN
    9/2016: Letrozole (2 follies),  IUI, progesterone, BFN
    10/2016: Letrozole (2 follies),  IUI, progesterone, BFN
    11/2016: Letrozole (2-4 follies), IUI, progesterone, BFN
  • I'm hopefully doing my 3rd IUI cycle in November and I messaged my doctor to ask what he would recommend if that cycle didn't work.  He said that usually he would recommend IVF because if IUI is going to work that it will work in the first three cycles.  DH and I are really unsure if we would go the IVF route so I was really heartbroken to hear this.  I'd like to push to try a few more IUI cycles before thinking about IVF especially since we've only done letrozole and haven't tried injectables.  Have any of your doctors also said three IUI is all they would recommend?  Did any of your doctors recommend injectables even if you responded well to oral meds?  Thanks for your help!
    Me: 28 with PCOS
    DH: 30, TTC since May 2015
    Started 2000mg Metformin in 8/2016
    8/2016: Letrozole (4 follies)  BFN
    9/2016: Letrozole (2 follies),  IUI, progesterone, BFN
    10/2016: Letrozole (2 follies),  IUI, progesterone, BFN
    11/2016: Letrozole (2-4 follies), IUI, progesterone, BFN
  • @Katkirch My doc said she would like to do four IUIs before IVF. We had already done four cycles with Clomid prior to getting to IUI so our first IUI cycles involved injectables. I responded well on Clomid, but we still bumped up to injectibles to see if we could have more success. I hope you and your doctor can agree on a plan that works for you. It's so frustrating sometimes when doctors are telling us what they want to do instead of listening to what we want. I hope third time is the charm for you!
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Ok the BSCs are setting in. I've been sick as a dog for the past 3 days. It feels like I've picked up a stomach bug or something. I'm 11dpIUI today and lying here trying not to die. I don't want to take anything for my stomach just in case but also haven't eaten in 2 days. It's just been Gatorade and broth. Now I'm itching to test just so that I will KNOW and can take something for my stomach if not. But I'm terrified of getting a BFN so I'm too scared to test!!! Effffff! This is so hard. I'm trying to hold out until Saturday to test but I might go crazy before then!
    Jennifer
    Charlotte, NC
  • @jwg9101 What's the BSCs?  Saturday is right around the corner, stay strong!  You, me, and @ReesaAnne16 all get to POAS in less than 72hrs
  • @LuluMurph   BSC = Bat Shit Crazy :)

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• sweet christ on a cracker, that is my new favorite abbreviation! 
  • Well I'm officially out. I had my beta this morning and they just called with the results. 

With the timing of some trips I have coming up they want to try IUI one more time... They said I responded really well this time, no reason it shouldn't have worked. That's harder to hear than I thought it would be. 

Good luck and *fingers crossed* to all of ya'll that are still in! May you have better luck than me! 
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @LuluMurph 72 hours!!!! Ack!!! That both freaks me out and thrills me!!! Holy crap! I don't know how but I've got to prepare myself. What if it's a BFN? Thank God it will be the weekend. I may just crawl under the covers and stay there. 
    Jennifer
    Charlotte, NC
  • @kmallery08 I'm sorry for your BFN.  I agree, the "no reason it shouldn't have worked" is like a kick in the teeth.  Sometimes I wonder if they know how hurtful those words can be.  GL on your next round!

@jwg9101  girl, that's why I'm testing Saturday morning....  I may spend the rest of the weekend buried under the covers and sobbing my eyes out.  I really REALLY hope you get a BFP!
  • jwg9101jwg9101 member
    edited November 2016
    @LuluMurph I totally hope we are BFP twinsies!!!

Edited because autocorrect sucks
    Jennifer
    Charlotte, NC
  • @kmallery08 I'm so sorry for the BFN. I'm on IUI #6, second round of injectables and I hear that line every. single. time. It really does get so old and harder to hear every time. So I respond well to meds, my tubes are clear, H has great sperm. But you think I should have gotten KU five other times?! Then fix me! Lol I know what you mean, hang in there. 
  • @LuluMurph  Thank you for your support. It really is a kick in the pants. At least it's better than the "just stop trying" advice I get from my in-laws. 

@mrsdaddario Ugh! I'm so sorry, that's so frustrating. I have a long medical history of "we don't know," which you think would prepare me for this, but alas, it has not. It still sucks. 

But. AF has showed her face and we are getting prepped for round #3, which is good. And I'm trying to be a little hopeful. 
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Finally tested this morning. BFN. I sobbed, DH was trying to console me, then he started crying. So this weekend will be sponsored by Kleenex, wine, and Audrey Hepburn movies.

This SUCKS! I hate this! I hate that we all have to go through pills, injections, and trying to conceive in a cold and sterile dr office. We'll try again next year (ugh) after the stress of the holidays. I say January, but DH says April since we're supposed to go to Europe in March. I would rather cancel it so we can do more IUI or IVF, but DH thinks it'll be good to have an adventure.

What are your results @ReesaAnne16 and @jwg9101??
  • I'm sorry @LuluMurph You really should go on your vacation, I'm sure you'll have a good time, and you might regret it if you don't.

My tests have been BFNs - and to top it off my SIL called us last night to tell us she's expecting again. She was pregnant with #3 when we started TTC. I cried myself to sleep last night. 

TTC #1 since June 2015 
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• @ReesaAnne16 I'm so sorry. I wish I could hug you :(
  • Thanks @mrsdaddario I feel your hug :)

TTC #1 since June 2015 

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN

• I'm so sorry, ladies. It's not fair. We were a BFN over here too and my period started tonight.

@ReesaAnne16 and @LuluMurph thanks for being my buddies through this! I'm sorry it didn't happen for you ladies and Reesa, your SIL's news is just heartbreaking for you. I'm so sorry. You ladies are in my heart and thoughts tonight!
    Jennifer
    Charlotte, NC
  • Jwg and Reesa, sending you ladies big hugs and wine.  It was fun having test buddies.  Reesa, I'm so sorry about the SIL news, that's crushing.
  • ReesaAnne16ReesaAnne16 member
    edited November 2016

TTC #1 since June 2015 

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN

• How is everyone doing? I'm holding off testing since TW won't be until next Monday. 
    Me: 37 / Hubs: 42
    TTC: April 2013
    DOR: AMH .3 - 1.31 (it varies); FSH: 5.1
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
    IVF #1 Sep/Oct Microdose Lupron Protocol - IVF cancelled only 1 follicle
    IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
    Donor Egg Cycle as soon as we find a match