Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Just found out today...

I'm sure I could find all kinds of useful information here, but I just can't stomach it right now. I was 15 weeks today and went in for a normal check up only to find my baby no longer has a heartbeat. 

My OB recommends a D&C since the baby is measuring less than 14 weeks. It's scheduled for Friday. Anything I should know? I really wanted to bury my baby next to a baby I previously miscarried, but she said it will go to pathology. I'm guessing that's the norm. Do I legally have any rights to take it home? 

Re: Just found out today...

• Options
    I am sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I was 10 weeks and baby went to pathology but we have the option to do what we wish with remains when they are finished.   We have 30 days to decide.  I have 2 weeks left to make my decision.  I'm not sure if it's different state to state.  We found out information at d & c. I hope all goes well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mack2342 said:
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I was 10 weeks and baby went to pathology but we have the option to do what we wish with remains when they are finished.   We have 30 days to decide.  I have 2 weeks left to make my decision.  I'm not sure if it's different state to state.  We found out information at d & c. I hope all goes well. 
    Good to know. I guess I'll find out Friday. 

I'm sorry for your loss too. It's such a hell hole for all of us. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry. 

I would assume that just because they are doing some testing doesn't mean that you wouldn't have options (as the PP said) regarding the physical remains. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    I am so so sorry for your loss. I am not sure what your rights are but it sure seems like you would be able to take your baby after pathology is done.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I just delivered my 2nd loss yesterday, he was 16 weeks. I was given the option after pathology does what they need to we could either let them cremate baby or we could reach out to the funeral home. I want to either bury baby next to his sister or have him cremated.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    @nattn I'm so very sorry for your loss. I had a D&C in July and the nurse went over some legal information about our state laws (I'm in Ohio) and cremation/burying the baby. I know it was an option, but I'm not sure of the entire process. My mind was spinning while she was talking.  I pray you are able to do what you want with your baby after pathology. Keeping you in my thoughts. 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    I am truly sorry for your loss. I do know that in my state you have the right to take your baby after testing. I would look up the laws of your area, if your up for it, so your not pushed to do anything you do not want to.
  • Options
    I appreciate all the advice. It took some doing, but we were able to take the baby after all. We're having he/she cremated and I ordered a special urn. As hard as this time is, at least we're able to get what we want.
  • Options
    I'm glad you are able to do what you want. I think that helps the healing process