March 2017 Moms
Options

Chronic hypertension/preeclampsia question/concern

Have any STM's experienced this?  I went into the pregnancy with chronic hypertension but have been on meds for it for quite some time.  My OB had me do a 24 hour urine collection to check my protein levels and such.  The OB nurse called me today and said they were stable, but the perinatal nurse called and said my protein levels were as high as a woman who is later in her pregnancy that is preeclampic.  Now I have to do them once a month and I am totally freaked out.  I'm only 13 weeks and I'm terrified of a way too early labor.  
Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
EP:  2.17.2016
DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

Re: Chronic hypertension/preeclampsia question/concern

• Options
    Maybe call and ask which is more important in terms of developing pre-e: the increase of proteins or a passing a certain fixed limit. Call and ask exactly what it means I'm terms of your health going forward and what you can expect. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ****Dirty Lurker from D16****************** You should also ask about a baby aspirin regimen. I had sever Pre-E my last pregnancy and they put me on 81 mg a day right around 12w, and my BP is now really low and I have no signs of anything going wrong BP wise at 27w.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies....I'm already on meds for my blood pressure as well as a low dose aspirin...I called my OB this morning and luckily he has an open appointment this afternoon, so DH and I are going to speak with him about everything....I haven't seen my OB since I was 6w along and we confirmed the pregnancy...he had to run over to the hospital for a delivery before my last appointment and I had to see someone different.  I appreciate your replies :)

• Options
    Thinking of you @ngcsugirl112! Let us know how your appointment goes
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @gracie4400 :)

• Options
    No advice to share--myself and some other ladies started a pre-e/hypertension thread here too which you're more than welcome to read/join in on, we all had issues in past pregnancies, but none of us have had it start up this early as a concern. 

Keep us updated on how your appointment goes!! 
  • Options
    @kjd291 oops!  I didn't mean to start a duplicate thread...I tried to search through to make sure I wasn't and I missed it...my bad!

• Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    edited September 2016
    @kjd291 oops!  I didn't mean to start a duplicate thread...I tried to search through to make sure I wasn't and I missed it...my bad!
    Oh no!! No worries!! Wasn't trying to say you made a duplicate. You didn't!! You had a specific question you wanted answered :). Just wanted to let you know you were welcome to come check that one out incase it would be helpful at all! Some of us who had pre-e with previous pregnancies had chatted a bit about it there. Good luck this afternoon!

()Edited for clarification))
  • Options
    The chat with my OB went well...he told DH and I that he wanted to do the urine collection to get a baseline for where I am...my numbers were in the 300s, but he said that wasn't brought on by the pregnancy, but he wanted to see where I started off at.  He told me that the perinatal doctor I'm seeing is a little more conservative and aggressive with treatments and monitoring than he is, which made sense as to why the perinatal wants me to do a urine collection once a month.  DH and I also expressed our frustration with the communication between the two offices, and my OB acknowledged that and apologized.  My OB wanted to do a viability scan while we were there and he found the baby quickly...strong heart rate of 167 bpm :)  Thanks for listening and @kjd291 I'll join you ladies in the thread you tagged me in :) 

• Options
    it doesn't always mean pre-term labor, I had many pre-e epsisodes while pregnant with DD, and got very used to all the urine collections, towards the end, they ended up inducing me, but it was on her due date, but my bp wasn't always high, just towards the end.  Definitely ask lots of questions, and get into detail about plans, etc.
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My higher blood pressure was a pre-existing condition, so it wasn't brought up by the pregnancy....I've been on meds for it for well over a year...I went to my PCP to try and get it under control before even becoming pregnant,,,just glad I have a better understanding of everything and will continue to ask questions when they come up :)