November 2016 Moms

TMI - 8/30

Sorry this is late, but here's this week's too much info post! 

Re: TMI - 8/30

• How are you ladies... Grooming? I've managed the legs but I am getting out of control elsewhere..!!
  • kristah2 said:
    How are you ladies... Grooming? I've managed the legs but I am getting out of control elsewhere..!!
    There was a thread on Oct board with a number of ladies saying their SOs helped them shave. That just seemed so awkward to me lol I will stick with doing my best. For me my belly isn't that big so I don't have any trouble but I figure as it gets bigger I'll just do my best blindly. I asked H about his electric razor but he didn't think it would be good - or maybe he just doesn't want me using it 
  • Loading the player...
  • Not much of a concern for me, I might shave limbs a bit for maternity shoot coming up but I'm letting nature take over orherwise - in beginning I felt a bit bad going into prenatal appointments but now it's like eh I'm sure docs have seen it all 
  • I was JUST thinking about this! It wasn't hard last time and yet this time I can't see at all. Has anyone tried waxing this late into their pregnancy? Worth a shot? or no?
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • I just got waxed on Sunday actually. Honestly it didn't hurt any worse than usual and I did a full Brazilian. If anything, knowing labor is going to be so much worse put the pain in perspective and much more bearable if that makes any sense. I will say I was more sore than usual the day after but other than that no issues!
  • I shaved yesterday and until then I haven't had an issue... I didn't realize how much bigger my belly has gotten! And as for having DH do it I'm sure he would if I asked but I would feel uncomfortable with that he's seen enough!
  • I wax regularly and just got to the point where I can't really see down there. Makes me so much more appreciative of my aesthetician. She told me the other day that she has about 6 other pregnant clients right now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Husband and I both agree that he will not partake in helping me shave. He does however let me use his electric trimmer, so I go over with that and then tidy up with my razor doing a blind shave. But this is only happening like once a month or so from here on out. 
  • I got gassy and farted during playtime. He continued but it was a bit weird. Hopefully he won't remember that next time 
  • Shima42Shima42 member
    edited September 2016
    **Removed by Admin**

• I get regular brazilian waxes every six weeks. The last time I went, at 26 weeks, it hurt a lot more than usual, but not enough to scare me off. Hopefully the next one isn't as bad, though I've heard they can start to sting more in the 3rd tri because your skin gets more stretched out. Hoping to be able to suck it up through the end... every little thing that makes me feel more like myself is helpful these days. 
  • Can't. Stop. POOPING!
    BFP#1 Mar 29/16, EDD Nov 22/16
    TTC #1 since Jan/15
    Married Since June/13
  • Anyone getting part of their mucus plug when they use the bathroom? I have for the past week I'm starting to get nervous that DS#2 might be coming earlier then I think. 
  • @Muscatmommyof4 I feel like every once in a while I wipe and have a thick mucousy substance on the tissue paper.. but it happens once every few weeks nothing consistent. And it isn't a big amount. I hope he doesn't come too early!! But I would just ask your OB. When is your next appointment? 
  • @leighry that's how mine was to until yesterday I got a pretty big glob.. Is this your first pregnancy? My appt is on the 13th so I'm going to bring it up I know he won't stay in there for 40w but I'm at least hoping he stays until 36/37w. 
  • @Muscatmommyof4 This is actually my 4th. I've never made it to my due date. 37, 39, 38. Hopefully this little one doesn't decide to be the only one to go to 40 or even worse.. late. I wouldn't mind another 38 weeker haha. Then I could be home in time to stuff my face for thanksgiving! But I feel like with each of mine I had similar situations to what I described.. I don't remember any of them where I had mucous discharge for a 5-6 days in a row. I do think that relatively close to when I delivered I would have a big amount but all at once not really spread out. I'm only 28 weeks now .. so hopefully I'm in for another 10 weeksish.
  • I had a teeny amount of blood and had a mucus clot on Wednesday. I ended up in L&D triage (I'm only 28 weeks) and they acted like it was totally no big deal, which kind of worried me more than the mucus. They said my cervix was long and closed, I tested negative for any kind of infections and ended up with 2 (yes, 2) incredibly painful pelvic exams. They couldn't give me an answer as to what the mucus was but my mom and grandmother both gave birth around 36 weeks so there's a part of me that's now convinced I won't make it to November 22nd.
  • Mucus is pretty common during pregnancy, especially the 3rd tri.  I get a ton of it these days.  I don't think it's likely to be the mucus plug until much closer to the end, and even if any of us do lose it early, it can grow back so isn't a big deal.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• MollySm said:
    Mucus is pretty common during pregnancy, especially the 3rd tri.  I get a ton of it these days.  I don't think it's likely to be the mucus plug until much closer to the end, and even if any of us do lose it early, it can grow back so isn't a big deal.  
    My best friend, who's a women's health NP, said something similar. It was a pretty large piece of mucus, like an inch and a half but combined with the blood, it freaked me out. Do you know where the mucus comes from? I'm just curious at this point. I also discovered that doctors and I have a very different definition of a lot of blood. They irritated my cervix so I bled a lot Wednesday and Thursday but it was obviously old blood and not fresh.
  • Depends on the color of blood mixed the mucus - I had discharge with light pink color - they checked me out and said since it stopped quickly it prob was nothing serious. Also every time I saw pink the first thing they asked if we had sex night before, which was no for me, but makes me think that irritation and sex could be reasons, not just losing mucus plug 
  • leighry said:
    @Muscatmommyof4 This is actually my 4th. I've never made it to my due date. 37, 39, 38. Hopefully this little one doesn't decide to be the only one to go to 40 or even worse.. late. I wouldn't mind another 38 weeker haha. Then I could be home in time to stuff my face for thanksgiving! But I feel like with each of mine I had similar situations to what I described.. I don't remember any of them where I had mucous discharge for a 5-6 days in a row. I do think that relatively close to when I delivered I would have a big amount but all at once not really spread out. I'm only 28 weeks now .. so hopefully I'm in for another 10 weeksish.
    This is my 4th as well and I've never made it to 40w either I've delivered in the same weeks as you just a different order lol. I've always lost my plug the day I went into labor or a day before so its new to me to lose it this early but my dr did mention that it's common to lose it early the more kids you have. My third I don't even remember losing it.. But thankfully my dr will induce me at 39w so won't go past i just don't want him here to early! Yeah hopefully you last till 38/39w also! 
  • I'm glad I'm not alone! I've never lost my plug this early so it caught me off guard to find chunks and then a big glob.(plus I've  had BH for the past month or more so that didn't help) And if it had pink or any color resembleing blood I would probably be freaked out as well even though I know it's common in the last trimester just different from what I'm used too.