March 2017 Moms
Options

Things NOT to say to pregnant women

124»

Re: Things NOT to say to pregnant women

• Options
    Not to dwell on poop, but my L&D nurse friend said about 80% of women experience labor poop. They clean it up and move on immediately. Folks with anesthesia may not even know it's happened, and it's cleaned up before you know it!
  • Options
    I'm not afraid of pooping but I can admit that I don't want it didn't happen lol. If it does it does but I don't know many women that go in hoping to shat on the bed
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I must add that I understand being embarrassed by pooping lol but I am bothered by it being the top concern. 
  • Options
    Are these women married to complete strangers? I am a very modest person, but all of that goes out the window with my DH.  I mean not to be too graphic but he literally put the baby inside me.  People need to reassess the priority of their fears.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    And I've heard a lot of women say they don't even know whether or not they pooped.  If they did the nurses cleaned it up and it wasn't a big deal.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

labor sounds scary....

SaveSave
  • Options
    I went to the hospital cafeteria for breakfast this morning- I got hash browns and 3 scoops of scrambled eggs (small scoops mind you) and the worker giving me my food said "Oh are you hungry this morning?" Now I feel like I look pregnant but to a man or whoever I could just look fat...but either way, how is it right to comment to anyone on how much food someone orders? I didn't really know how to respond....just took my food and walked away. 
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 I'm outraged for you but I'm also really hungry now. Hash browns would hit the spot!
  • Options
    Oh yes @dubcompanion the hashbrowns were definitely worth the harassment. With ketchup of course, that is a must. That counts as a vegetable right? ;)