October 2016 Moms
Options

Where is your newborn sleeping?

bassinet/ pack n play/ swing/ mamaroo?

Re: Where is your newborn sleeping?

• Options
    Bassinet in our room to start off, then he'll go in his crib.
  • Options
    Bassinet and cosleeper for the first few months in our room and swing chair or playpen for naps. Then after about 5 or 6 months, try the crib.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Crib right away in my room my other two hated bassinets so I didn't bother wasting the money this time.
  • Options
    Bassinet next to our bed for about 6 months like my daughter. Then crib
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We were going to put Bean in their own room right from the start, but after today's infant class we'll do a pack and play in the guest bedroom for awhile (our room is too small to add anything so I'll be sleeping in the guest room as well).
  • Options
    Bassinet or Rock n Play in our room until she's big enough for me to feel comfortable co-sleeping.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• Options
    Bassinet in our room for around 3-4 months then to his crib in the nursery. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    vcabbywvcabbyw member
    edited August 2016
    Regular sized cosleeper attached to my bed then cosleeping. 
  • Options
    RNP 

Me: 29 DH: 30

Aug 2012: Hyperprolactinemia & two prolactinomas discovered, started bromocriptine 2.5mg/day
    Nov 2012: BFP!! EDD Aug 2013
    Jul 2013: DS born at 35w5d in an emergency CS after maternal fetal hemorrhage and complete previa
    TTA BUT SURPRISE BFP 1/29/15 without medication m/c @ 6w5d
    TTC #2 starting Jul 2015: Back on bromocriptine 2.5mg/day
    Dec 2015: Endocrinologist refers to RE, DH's SA was perfect, my hysteroscopy was perfect
    Jan 2016: Femara cycle #1 - two follies on L, trigger CD 15, BFP, EDD 10/28/16
  • Options
    von1976von1976 member
    edited August 2016
    Bedside co-sleeper/bassinet for at least 6 months at night (hopefully), bouncer or RNP during the day for naps, or maybe crib. Planning crib at night after 6 months. Don't really know. A lot depends on where the kid WILL sleep.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Options
    Co-sleeper but as a bassinet in our room. (Got a great deal on an arms reach on my Facebook moms group. We were planning on just moving the pack and play from bedroom to living room but actually found it doesn't fit through the door easily). Pack and play with bassinet and newborn sleeper for the living room during day-time naps. Not sure when we'll transition to crib that's ready to go in the nursery.
    But I'm a FTM so that's just my game plan to feel prepared. As PP have said, she'll sleep where she sleeps. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    Bassinet in our room and then her crib. We have a RNP to try and also PNP for naps during the day.
  • Options
    Hoping to start the crib right away at night. We have a dream sleeper lounger and bouncer for naps during the day or if he absolutely won't go in the crib. We're trying to avoid bringing the baby into our room at all costs, so we have a futon in the nursery if we need to stay in there with him. 
  • Options
    Hoping she will sleep in the crib from day 1 at night.  Pack in play with the basinet for naps or a bouncer.  We also have a rock n play that we can try.  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    Crib 
  • Options
    Co-sleeper for first few weeks. Hoping to get baby into crib before I go back to work... 
  • Options
    I got the arms reach co sleeper. Plan on letting her be there for 2 months then off to her own room she goes. 
  • Options
    Co-sleeper and rock 'n play in our room for the first 4 months or so, then crib in his room
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    Rock n play next to our bed for a few months, then crib in her room.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Hoping to have him sleep in a crib right from the start. But we'll see what this little guy has in mind and where he's most comfortable.

• Options
    Hoping this one prefers their crib right off the get go just like our son did. We tried the bassinet with him for the first couple nights and he hated it so off to the crib he went which we didn't mind as we didn't realize what noisy sleepers newborns can be! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    klvklv member
    PNP in our room for a while. Then crib. We also have a rock n play that can go in our room if we need that
  • Options
    Bassinet in our room for the first four to six months, if we're lucky.  If he's anything like his older brother, he'll only sleep while being held for the first two months - so, on the couch in my arms while I binge-watch shows on Netflix.
  • Options
    The bassinet in our room (it has wheels too so we can move it around) and then his crib after a few months.
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    In bed with me, indeterminately. 

• Options
    My first two slept in a pack n play bassinet beside my bed for the first 6 months or so. This time I decided it made a lot more sense to just set the crib up beside my bed and start her off there. I left the side off like you would for a toddler bed so I can just put it right up against my bed. Almost like co sleeping but she's in her own space. Hopefully that will work out until she starts to sleep through the night and then I'll move her to her room. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Like @kelliott09 my little guy will be in a crib attached to my bed (baby bay) for at least the first 6 months, until he isn't breastfeeding at night. We will start setting up a nursery in 2017 to transition him into. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    RNP or pnp in our room for probably 6 months at least.. until we transition big sis out of her crib :)
  • Options
    We have the pack and play with bassinet so we're thinking we'll probably put her in that for the first couple weeks but part of me wants to just try her in the crib right away, can't decide. 
  • Options
    In a bassinet next to me the first couple of months, then we'll move the baby to its nursery and the baby will sleep in its crib. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DS1 stayed in a packnplay with bassinet attachment in our room until 3-4months (when he was only getting up once or twice a night). Planning to do the same with these two, but not sure how they'll prefer to sleep (individually or together). We'll try to do naps in their crib/cribs before totally transferring them upstairs.
  • Options
    We had DS in a pack and play in our room and then moved to my side of the bed after we moved and had a bigger room. That's the plan again with number 2! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband is a light sleeper and babies are pretty noisy, so we're going to try RNP or pack n play in our room at first, but may put him in his crib with all the upstairs doors open if nobody's getting any sleep. It will be a trial by fire kind of thing. 
  • Options
    I would've put him in right in the crib if his nursery and our room weren't on two different floors. He'll be in a bassinet until the middle of the night feeding decrease. FTM so I have no idea when that would be. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    Since LO will be sharing a room with her brother we'll be keeping her in our room longer than DS. I have a RNP and my mom is getting this mini PNP/bassinet for us that I'm hoping will make it close to a year.

Graco Travel Lite Crib with Stages, Manor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HAZUJLI/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_Hu5WxbR268VCD 

• Options
    RNP and PNP. Crib for naps immediately.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    nlane0723 said:
    RNP and PNP. Crib for naps immediately.
    Oh, crib for naps, I don't know why I didn't think to try that. Because then at least the baby will be getting some crib time even if it's not at night. Is that what you did with your first? 
  • Options
    RNP at night time till I go back to work and crib during the day for naps so he transitions better. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    We are up in the air right now. I'd love for her to go in her crib right away but her room in on the second floor, so we will probably keeper in a rocker bassinet for at least the first month while we adjust to everything
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Bassinet in our room. Then crib around 3 or 4 months. Our ds1 only lasted that long in the bassinet because he was too long after 3 months so I'm planning the same.