December 2016 Moms
Options

Symptoms 8/27

as some of us are embarking on 3rd tri, I'm sure there are a few more symptoms to share 
Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Symptoms 8/27

• Options
    I've got a couple weeks til 3rd tri but I'm feeling it already. Smacked in the face this week with more fatigue, Emotions, nausea, reflux, general total discomfort, rlp, brain deadness... It ain't pretty over here...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Burning acid reflux, back pain, hip pain, leaking everywhere, forgetfulness...I wish baby would stop kicking me in the vagina and find a new organ to trampoline. And I had to order nipple covers to tame my aggressive outie belly button.  Band aids just make it look worse
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Insomnia, wicked bad dreams, hip pain, crotch pain, pregnancy rhinitis, reflux at bedtime, fatigue, no interest in food, severe at times back pain... only a couple weeks from official 3rd tri but I'm def there physically. Got here faster 2nd time around; 1st pregnancy was def a few weeks into 3rd tri
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    gowencgowenc member
    edited August 2016
    The heat is just kicking my ass. Last weekend and earlier this week it had cooled off a bit to a more normal mid 80s and reasonable humidity, now it's back up to 90s and swampy. Gotta love DC summers. I can definitely feel it though, it makes me so drained if I have to be outside. Since I take the train into work and walk 10 mins to and from, I feel like I start my day already feeling like I've been steamrolled.

Other than that, increasing back and hip pain and stuffy nose - especially at night. The kicks are getting stronger and closer to my bladder/vagina...thanks little dude. Peeing constantly, but that seems to vary day to day - I'm guessing it's how he's positioned himself.

Other than physical stuff, I haven't noticed too much more emotional symptoms aside from stress about our house. Our spare bedroom is where the laundry hookups are, and we also use it for extra closet space since the closet in our bedroom is tiny. We want to put on an addition so we can leave the spare room as is, move my husband's office into the addition, and use that room as the nursery, but I don't think we have the budget for it. And contractors who are giving us estimates are telling us that so much needs to be moved upstairs to make it a functional space (plumbing, wiring, HVAC), that it wouldn't be any cheaper to go with that option rather than doing the addition. So I don't know what we're going to do. We could probably come up with the additional money next year after we get our tax refund, but then we'd be undertaking a major renovation while still adjusting to having a new baby. It's not ideal, but it might have to do...
  • Options
    Emotions - big time.  My sciatica is getting worse, but so far only at night.  And with the heat I've been sweating a lot in my crotch area....not fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    Can definitely echo all of these. Pregnancy rhinitis, kicks in my nether regions, hip pain galore, calf cramps, hunger and gas and lots of peeing!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    feeling large, back gets grumpy if I'm walking a lot, pretty emotional (Cried in a store today for no reason, decided earlier this week that no one likes me & cried, decided I didn't like a book I was reading so much that I threw it away, etc.), heartburn when I lay down at night, and some pain in left hip. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For the STMs out there I'm experience a new symptom this time around and its of an intimate nature so sorry if it's TMI.  

It's weird but it seems like my uterus is sitting lower this time around. With my first pregnancy I enjoyed sex right up to delivery, something about the increased blood flow down there got me all hot and bothered.  However with this pregnancy it's been much more uncomfortable, like my birth canal has been shortened. It's frustrating because I'm just as horny but really can't enjoy it the same way. 

Is it December yet?
  • Options
    My hands are slightly swollen, which means my ring doesn't fit anymore. Well, I'm sure I could cram it on but I don't want to risk having to get it cut off.

Been wearing my silicone outdoors/sports ring, so my finger doesn't feel naked, but I'm really sad I can't wear the ring I love. 

Anyone else have to give up wearing their rings yet? 
  • Options
    I've been sick for 3 weeks. Can't kick it. I've been to the doctor twice and it's "a cold" but I've never had such a severe "cold". But I did get the flu my last pregnancy and it took 3 months to feel better so ugh!

Leaking pee when I cough and sneeze. I bought liners today cuz I'm tired of wetting my pants. 

Everything was great until I got sick but now I feel like I've been hit with a bag of bricks. I don't know what uncomforts are due to sickness vs pregnancy. :(  
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @aframe77 I'm kind of in the same boat. I get in the mood, DH is ALWAYS in the mood, and then this happens... It's like ain't nothing getting through. I didn't have this issue when I was pregnant with DD. It's frustrating to say the least.
  • Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure I can still wear my rings most of the time but I'm rocking my silicone ring right now too. It's much more comfortable. 

My emotions are out of control. I've been crying for no reason constantly (I wanted to go home - I was on my way home, DH had to work on his birthday, etc). I am definitely not a crier so this is weird. 

Also I'm just uncomfortable everywhere and I can't find a position that feels ok unless I'm on my side on the couch.

And my maternity clothes are getting tight, especially my jeans. I really don't want to have to buy new clothes that I can only wear for the next three months. 
  • Options
    I have been having crazy bad MS, getting sick multiple times every day this week. The phenergan is not helping anymore. I took it last night and threw up twice after I took it. I'm throwing up so frequently and forcefully that it leaves my chest and back hurting all day. :(
  • Options
    @ashleaf2018 I am so sorry that you are still dealing with that! I am feeling hungover today, including some throwing up and headaches-I can't imagine if it was as often as you are describing it. Hugs!

• Options
    My ears keep popping this pregnancy. I'm not actually sure it has anything to do with pregnancy but it's super annoying- anyone else?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    sleeping is the worst right now, other than that nothing terrible...I'm a little crampy today which is annoying but baby girl was really active yesterday and today kicking the crap out of my uterus
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I would remove my own butt cheek if it meant my sciatica would go away. Other than that, the usual heartburn and relentless hunger. Also the inside DD enjoys using my bladder as a trampoline while outside DD enjoys sitting on my belly. Between the two of them, I feel that full-on peeing myself is inevitable. Already teaming up against their mama ;)

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    edited August 2016
    oops weird double post. I'll use the opportunity to say I finally remembered to buy flushable wipes. Ahhhh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    My vagina looks like the Elephant Man. Maybe the Toxic Avenger. It's disproportionately swollen and lopsided. Doesn't hurt, just looks like a horror movie villain.

Carpal tunnel. Sciatica. I'm able to go to sleep, but when I wake up I am sore all over, like I climbed a mountain. Some nights I get solid sleep, other nights I sleep through the night but it's not restful sleep. Now I am wearing memory foam sneakers because if I don't my back hurts when walking around. Heartburn if I don't take any Zantac. 

Overall I feel like pregnancy is going well, but it's still exhausting. 
  • Options
    @slartybartfast yes to the popped ears. Driving me nuts. I attribute it to sinuses/allergy season and the inability to take anything for it 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My left hip (the same one I've been having nerve pain with) has been doing this thing where it feels like it pops when I walk. It doesn't hurt or anything, I can just hear & feel it popping with every step. It's more annoying than anything, but I wonder if it's just my hips starting to spread or what is causing it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Back and shoulder pain. Despite chiropractor visits. And sleeping is so uncomfortable already. Heartburn here or there but thankfully not super awful like with my last pregnancy. 

Sex? Awful. I don't want it much anyways but even if I wanted it, it isn't comfortable and I can't finish no matter what. I can't get in any position that is good for me. DH will do whatever I want but it's not worth it bc it's so much effort for no reward. I'm starting to feel so frustrated bc he wants it at least once a week (which isn't unreasonable) but I get nothing out of it besides knowing that he is satisfied. 

I'm ready for December. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BabyRobbinsAdventure I havent worn mine in about six weeks because of slight swelling. I was in the same boat- didn't want to keep wearing it until the day I couldnt get it off so I just stopped. That's a good idea to get a silicone one. I tried wearing mine on chain around my neck but I work with kids with ASD and it got torn off one day so I gave up. 
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Options
    One more with popping ears. Allergies/sinus issues makes sense, but I don't usually suffer from either. Hmm, another great pregnancy mystery.
  • Options
    Austenista  Austenista member
    edited August 2016
    Last night I went to pee 6 times between laying down and falling asleep (yes I counted). The last time I went, Eaton gave me three hard thumps in the bladder just in case I wasn't sure it was him putting pressure there. Fortunately, I only got up once in the night, but it's already been twice again this morning. Fun times. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I also have this thing that I have dubbed "pregnancy eyes" where I read things just slightly wrong. I'm blaming baby because this hasn't happened before. 

For instance last week, @dmontgo was encouraging self care and said to enjoy a warm cookie. My pregnancy eyes read "eat a worm cookie." The yarn thread on here? Every single time I read it, my eyes see "Yam Moms." "Go set that on the dock," will inspirationally read to me, "Go set that on the dick." 

It's an entertaining problem to have, but I still hope it goes away. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    haha @caseyewhitaker - same thing happens to me! Similar but not exactly the same, today I went to email my husband, whose name sounds exactly like mine, and I ended up emailing myself. I'd love to blame Monday but I know it was my pregnancy brain.

• Options
    Since maybe a week ago I feel like my ribs hurt when I wake up but not uncomfortable while sleeping, regardless of sleeping on my left, right, or back. Spent three days at my sister's who has a memory foam topper, and while my back didn't hurt when I woke up, I felt like the bed was too soft to fall asleep in so I didn't get much sleep.

Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions on things to try? I can't go another 15 weeks like this! 
  • Options
    I just posted this in why am I crying but holy eff RLP/Lightning crotch came out of nowhere over the weekend. Today it was almost too unbearable to stay at work. I can't get comfortable sitting or standing at my desk. All I want to do is lay down!  

Also sciatica on my right side and my left hip going numb depending on how I'm sitting/laying/leaning. I told my SIL this weekend that I now understand what she meant when she would tell me she "just felt pregnant". Bleh. 
  • Options
    So someone who understands these things better than me, can you explain to me what's happening/where baby is that it feels like he's kicking/punching my vagina (from above, obviously)? It doesn't hurt, more like it startles me - as it would anyone I imagine on getting punches to the vagina. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DiFazetteDiFazette member
    edited August 2016
    @Austenista baby is likely hanging right above/on your cervix.

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    @DiFazette makes sense. It startles me every single time he does it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    swhiddon33swhiddon33 member
    edited August 2016
    @Austenista and @DiFazette I point blank asked my doc last week if it was normal to feel like baby had just dropped kicked my cervix and he laughed and nodded. So yeah I guess this is a thing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Austenista My crazy child really loves hanging out around my cervix. It just feels like a strange... pressure, like he's just resting against it (or headbutting it? maybe.). Very odd feeling....

I hadn't had any heartburn during my pregnancy... until today. Crap, I say. Just crap.
    Type 1 Diabetic (high risk)

• Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND i think my abs are splitting. I avoided it last time but I don't think I'm gonna get off easy again this time. Damn.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    @slartybartfast stupid question alert... but how can you tell if they're splitting? My weakling abs hurt but I don't know if it's because of tearing or because I am using them to lift myself differently than before...

• Options
    ea301 said:
    @slartybartfast stupid question alert... but how can you tell if they're splitting? My weakling abs hurt but I don't know if it's because of tearing or because I am using them to lift myself differently than before...
    https://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/abdominal-separation-diastasis-recti#1

Unfortunately the majority of pregnant women get it.
    I broke out my maternity support belt today. It made life much more comfortable.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    I have been having crazy bad MS, getting sick multiple times every day this week. The phenergan is not helping anymore. I took it last night and threw up twice after I took it. I'm throwing up so frequently and forcefully that it leaves my chest and back hurting all day. :(
    Do you have hg? I do and although it isn't everyday anymore, it is at least a few times a week. It's like playing the stomach flu lottery =( I feel like my abs and chest are so sore all the time, oh and my throat gets raw..it's gross. I'm not good at being pregnant, I am just not compatible!!
  • Options
    So I was thinking about it this morning and I know several people have mentioned having stomach/digestive struggles right now, and as someone who has to typically be conscientious about that sort of thing all the time not just when pregnant, I have to say that while I've been taking these prenatal vitamins, the magnitude of my issues have been minimal. I'm able to go #2 everyday (hope that's not TMI) at least once and since the only thing that has changed is the fact that I take these and I'm pregnant (which often makes those issues worse) I'm thinking they've helped me out. 

Anyway, long story short - these are my prenatal vitamins. You have to take 6 a day. I do three in the morning and three at night. They're natural and food based so they don't taste and smell as delicious as maybe a gummy vitamin. BUT if you're miserable or struggling or just want try something new, maybe give these a shot. 

https://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Light-Complete-Prenatal-360-Count/dp/B000Z9577C/ref=pd_sim_121_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QQVTVZAC57X25JV4M9Q8

BabyFruit Ticker