Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

New here...TW

Hello all,

I was on the March 2017 boards, and now I'm here. This is my story - it's all a TW, but I felt the need to get it out...

It all started with some light spotting on 8/16. It was so light, and I figured everything was okay and decided to monitor it to make sure it didn't get worse. Well - it did. Thursday rolled around and I called my OB/GYN and they did blood work that day to check for RH factor, and they'd go over it with me on what was supposed to be my first prenatal appointment on Friday.

Friday rolled around, doctor felt everything and thought I should be fine. She couldn't find the heartbeat as my uterus was tilted, but couldn't get me in for an ultrasound that night. Instead she booked one for Saturday morning, and I went in first thing. I saw the little bean too small for being 10 almost 11 weeks pregnant, and how they weren't moving. I knew before the tech said, "I'm sorry."

I was stunned, but I think I knew. She tried to get a Doctor for me so I knew what to expect, but she was doing deliveries all day. I went home, not knowing what to do - except to call the Doctor on Monday. Heavy bleeding started after the ultrasound, but the actually MC didn't happen until Sunday. The pain and the bleeding were so intense I almost wanted to go to the hospital, but my mother stayed by my side and monitored me.

After it was done there was relief, my mother made sure I ate, and Monday morning we both let the Doctor know what happened. She was grateful that my mother was there, and told us that she preferred for me to have a natural MC anyway. She told me that there was nothing I could do about the baby, and that she'll see me in a month as long as I feel like I'm recovering and to let her know if anything changes.

So far so good. I took two days off work as I had lingering pain, and I also needed a few days to myself. Today I feel almost 100%, but I'm still rather upset. I wish I could've carried the baby full term, but I understand that it may not have been time yet.

On a happier note. On Saturday I went to my best friend's annual end of summer party because I needed her company. It was an outside BBQ style party, and she always made sure I had someone near me. She was really supportive. She also pointed out after a slight shower a rainbow on the tree line. She said "Look there. A rainbow, for your future rainbow baby." I wanted to cry I was so happy and so sad...
BabyFruit Ticker
**TW in Spoiler**
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

Re: New here...TW

• I am sorry for your loss. 
    I smile and tear up at every rainbow I see, every single time. 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I know this time probably very difficult for you. We are all here to support you through everything. It seems you have a great friend and family support system which is always important. That's so special that you saw a rainbow that day! I cherish moments like that! I hope that signs of positivity like that keep following you. If you need anything at all I'm here. xo
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you all. First day back to work has been a challenge. More so with pain than anything. I do have a heating pad, and taking occasional pain meds. 

I too am hopeful that I continue to see positive signs. As much as I am emotionally distraught, I'm trying to keep a good outlook. It truly is difficult, but I think I'll manage knowing I have many people to turn to, including you all.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• I'm sorry for your loss and sending positive vibes to everyone.  We all need them. 
  • So sorry for your loss.  Sending hugs your way.
  • I am sorry. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017