2nd Trimester

Maternity Clothes

Okay mamas, where are your favorite places to buy maternity clothes. Thanks!

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

Re: Maternity Clothes

• Motherhood maternity and target.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Old Navy (online, not in-store, which usually has a much more limited selection) and Zulily. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've bought maternity jeans at Target, and all of my tops from PinkBlush.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • ASOS

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

• Target 
  • Old Navy and Gap (online only).  Target is hit or miss; sometimes they have great stuff, other times it's fugly.

Motherhood quality is horrific, especially for the price.
  • Macy's has HUGE sales on maternity clothes all the time. They carry Motherhood Maternity. I also love the leggings from Target. 

**Triggers**

Me: 32  DH: 35  Married 10/4/14

TTC  #1 May 2015 BFP: July 21, 2015  Stillborn January 8, 2016

TTC #2 April 2016 BFP: June 17, 2016

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Girl Shih-Tzu and Baby Boy Boston are my furbabies

• FemShep said:
    Old Navy and Gap (online only).  Target is hit or miss; sometimes they have great stuff, other times it's fugly.

Their customer service is pretty terrible too.
  • FemShep said:
    Old Navy and Gap (online only).  Target is hit or miss; sometimes they have great stuff, other times it's fugly.

Interesting because all of my stuff from MM is in great shape after many many washes. And customer service is based on your location. My local store in a crappy run down mall has better service than the location in the high end mall. 

Also Kohls is starting to carry maternity clothes again.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • FemShep said:

Interesting because all of my stuff from MM is in great shape after many many washes. And customer service is based on your location. My local store in a crappy run down mall has better service than the location in the high end mall. 

Also Kohls is starting to carry maternity clothes again.
    Actually I was talking more about if you order online.  I had terrible experiences with that from getting shirts that were supposed to have a belt with the belt missing, to getting the wrong size, to spending 45 minutes on the phone being transferred around to get issues resolved to just plain rude agents on the phone.  The store experience was always just "meh" both as far as selection and service.  Clothes themselves are all right. They survived my first pregnancy are are still working halfway through this one....
  • I was floored by how cute and cheap they were at H&M!
  • I've been loving Pink Blush!
  • I'm all about target sales you get a coupon for their maternity line in the registry gift bag and I also liked old navy's pregnancy and nursing clothes as well as motherhood maternity sales 
  • There are so few options here in Canada. I go mostly with Motherhood Maternity, but Old Navy and Walmart sometimes have some things that work.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• beniselaniebeniselanie member
    edited September 2016

Target if in store. Amazon if online. Cheap and cheerful and works great.

• hb7hb7 member
    I went shopping for maternity clothes for the first time 2 days ago. My first stop was destination maternity which was a combo of motherhood maternity and a pea in the pod. The sales lady was very helpful with helping me figure out what size I would be because I had no idea how stuff is sized. I did end up buying a pair of maternity jeans on clearance but didn't buy much else because each piece of clothing cost anywhere from $25-$49 each.  That is too much for me to spend for clothes I will only be wearing for a few months.  I got the idea to go to savers which is a thrift store in my area.  I have never been a thrift store shopper but I figured I would check it out. They had 1 large rack of clothing.  I ended up trying on almost everything in my size and got several nice pieces all for $5 or under. I was very pleased and would check out a thrift store again. It could be hit or miss but it was worth a look. 
  • Walmart online for tops (def not for pants). They are affordable and so comfy! Love the fall/winter tops I've ordered. Target or motherhood maternity for bottoms.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is very hard being plus size and pregnant. Old Navy and Target don't carry large enough sizes. Pink blush has been a godsend. It's all cute but everything has to be hand washed. 

I've also been looking on JCP website as they have extended sizes and large selection of jeans. 

Mandy
  • Macy's has had Motherhood brand clothes on sale the past two weeks buy 2 get 1 free on regular priced stuff and clearance.  Motherhood had the same styles buy 3 get 1 free.  
  • whit3183whit3183 member
    edited November 2016
    Asos; Destination Maternity (Pea In the Pod + Motherhood Maternity) -- sign up for e-mail coupons; Target has great maternity clothes but they're not necessarily cheap compared to other places; Gilt; Old Navy and Gap (again, make sure and use e-mail coupons instead of paying full price). 

*Edited* I'll just add some non-solicited advice.  If you're buying clothes in one season but your due date is in a different season, don't buy too much up front because dresses and shirts that fit you when you're 6 months pregnant may not fit you when you're 9 months. Anything that is stretchy with ruching on the sides will probably still fit, but I was disappointed to find that "maternity" tops without ruching stopped fitting around 34 weeks b/c there wasn't enough room in the belly.  
  • whit3183 said:
    Asos; Destination Maternity (Pea In the Pod + Motherhood Maternity) -- sign up for e-mail coupons; Target has great maternity clothes but they're not necessarily cheap compared to other places; Gilt; Old Navy and Gap (again, make sure and use e-mail coupons instead of paying full price). 

*Edited* I'll just add some non-solicited advice.  If you're buying clothes in one season but your due date is in a different season, don't buy too much up front because dresses and shirts that fit you when you're 6 months pregnant may not fit you when you're 9 months. Anything that is stretchy with ruching on the sides will probably still fit, but I was disappointed to find that "maternity" tops without ruching stopped fitting around 34 weeks b/c there wasn't enough room in the belly.  
    Adding onto her unsolicited advice, be wary of short shirts. As your belly grows, your shirts get shorter. I had a few I couldn't wear the last couple months without a shirt or belly band underneath to cover my tummy.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I like Motherhood the best! It's the one I keep going back to. So far it has the most variety as far as in store purchases. (I'm nervous about ordering clothing on line)

• Ok just had to add this since I only just got them the other day, but it you are looking for under the belly underwear that is both comfortable and pretty/sexy check these out on Amazon! I got the ones with the lace and love the way they look. The lace is over the cloth so it isn't itchy to wear.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J2XYYTI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

If link doesn't work they are called Intimate Portal Woman's Under the Bump Maternity Bikini Panties

• I just found a website called swap.com where you can purchase clothes for cheap. I was looking for bottoms because I'm still wearing my pre-maternity clothes. I only have 3 months left so I'm not wanting to pay more than about $20 for a pair of pants. I keep looking for plus size clothes because I get sick of wearing black bottoms all the time.

• Another store to add, if you have a Burlington coat factory by you they have a small maternity section. They had a lot of motherhood brand stuff for $12.99 or less.