Pregnant after IF
Options

***3rd Trimester Check-In Week of August 22nd***

PiperellaPiperella member
edited August 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What kind of personality do you give your LO?  Do you think he or she will behave/act/look a certain way based on the way he or she is while you are still pregnant?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@katie121209 : EDD 08/19/16 with a little girl
@emsmama15 : EDD 8/29/16 with a litte girl and a little boy
@chrissym126 : EDD 09/8/16 team green
@Piperella: EDD 10/2/16 with a little boy
@kennelchick: EDD 10/18/16 with a little girl
@Morningstar80: EDD 10/18/16 with a little boy
@laur2444: EDD 10/19/16 with a little boy
@Jerseygirl856: EDD 10/20/16 with a little girl
@sassysd7: EDD 10/31/16 with a little girl and a little boy
@tvh1982: EDD 11/11/16 with a little girl
@ZoeFer: EDD 11/14/16 with a little girl

Re: ***3rd Trimester Check-In Week of August 22nd***

• Options
    Hello ladies!
    Im here to join you on the 3rd trimester. Still in shock as the 2nd just flown by.
    My EDD is 11/11 and I'm expecting a little girl.
    I'm Dutch, single and pregnant with a Danish donor. Have PCOS, which I found out after 3 IUI's without hormones, so had little time to be shocked or process it.
    Did 2 more IUI's with hormones to switch over to IVF.
    Did 1 fresh and 2 frozen, all with just 1 blastocyst at a time. I have still 4 frozen. (Which I actually find a really weird idea..like what happens if I don't use them all??)

My 1st Tri sucked due to HG, my 2nd flew by with occasional nausea and not eating warm food, my 3rd started with contractions. Posted a little about the latter in the randoms of this week.

QOTW: I think my little girl will look a little to much like her mother as she already is giving me a hard time...just like I did to my mother. Nothing major, just really doing all the ages properly: terrible two's, horrible three's, puberty, ... My little girl is giving me all pregnancy symptoms she can think off, and refuses to continue to kick when someone else touches the belly.
    No idea how she'd look. I have no info about the donor (I decided to know as little as possible, yet my daughter can find out everything she wants to know when she's 18) so all I know she'll be Caucasian and tall (I'm 5'11" and the donor is taller)

My baby bump:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Yay, so good to have you here, @tvh1982! You look wonderful. I'm under 5'3" and imagining that your daughter will be able to reach things on higher shelves than me in a little bit more than a decade. 

@katie121209 and @emsmama15, I hope you're hanging in there!

I'll be 38 weeks on Thursday, and my last doctor's appointment was Friday. The doctor said the baby was very low, and of course now my every other thought I have is, "Can I please go into labor tonight? PLEASE?"

I have no idea what my son or daughter is going to be like, but if there's one thing I've appreciated, it's how consistent and healthy my pregnancy has been. Maybe he or she is calm, logical, and into science, like my husband. I'm not expecting any research breakthroughs until my LO can support his or her own head, though. :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to 3rd tri @tvh1982! After all we have went through to get here, now it seems to be flying by. And your bump photos are the cutest! 

I'll be 32 weeks on Thursday and counting down the days to my growth scan. I haven't seen my baby girl since June and I can't wait to see how much she has changed since then. Based on her 3D photo from my last ultrasound, I'd say she will be a little stubborn like her mommy :). Everyone who including DH says she looked a little grumpy that she was being disturbed while resting and that's totally all me. 
    @chrissym126 wow, sounds like any day now for you! 
    I thought of posting this on the weekly random but I'll start  here, are any of you ladies planning a natural birth or planning to receive epidural? I'm going back and forth on my decision as I'm educating myself on natural birth but the fear of pain has me thinking epidural is a must! I have nothing to compare it to and although my pain tolerance is pretty high, I'm not sure how long I could sustain that tolerance. 
  • Options
    Hello everyone ! I am very happy to join here. I cannot believe that I am in my 3rd trimester.
    I am 28 weeks today and expecting a baby girl with EDD 11/14. I have had PCOS since I was a teenager , after TCC for a year or so we decided to see an RE. We tried few letrozole cycles, then IUI and then we got pregnant with TI on our last letrozole cycle. 
    I am so curious about our little girl`s personality and her look but have no idea about anything yet. Looking forward to meeting and raising her.
    @jerseygirl856 I keep thinking about the labor as well, I would love to go natural but I am not sure if I am strong enough. What i understand it is not really about the intensity of the pain but the duration of the labor. Epidural lets you relax and rest before that last push so you have more energy. My mom had to have induced labor because her contractions did not start even though her water broke so I am thinking if the same thing happens to me then I might ask for epidural because everyone says that induced contraction hurt more. But otherwise I will try and see. Which books are you reading ? Can you suggest anything ?

• Options
    @ZoeFer welcome to 3rd tri! After reading tons of reviews and recommendations, Ina May Gaskins Guide to Childbirth was recommended so I've started with that. I also watch videos of homebirths, water births and I'm debating on taking the 2 night course offered at the hospital I will be delivering at. I've heard about the intense pain of induced labor as well and that just adds to my fear. My OB asked me if I had a plan and so far it's natural but I may change it to medicated. 
  • Options
    Hey ladies, so I'm officially almost 4 days past my due date and still pregnant. I can't believe it. I have an induction scheduled to start Wednesday evening so we are counting down the hours unless something miraculously happens before then! 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for the welcomes.

If all goes well with my move I'll have a natural birth, as in NL it's common to do home births. There's little choice there. 
    Unless one pays out of pocket or has a great insurance. 
    My sister had two natural births, the last one induced which she did at the hospital. 
    Having heard her story and seeing her afterwards being induced is indeed more painful. She said it's because with birth 1 her body slowly got ready, but with birth 2 her body wasn't aware that it should start and it came with a bang.

wow @katie12109 you are so close to the finish line! Will be sending you warm thoughts the next couple of days.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    @tvh1982 welcome to the third trimester and all its glory! Does it seem to you that this is going by wicked fast? 

@katie121209 hang in there! That sweet little baby will be in your arms soon!

@ZoeFer welcome to trimester number 3!

AFM: I've been diagnosed with IUGR. My baby girl is measuring small. At 32 weeks she is 3lbs 1oz. They placed her now in the 4th percentile for growth, down from 9th at her previous measurement. All of her organs look fine, but her placental perfusion is now starting to wane. I'm on modified bedrest  (I can still move around the house, but no strenuous activity and no going to work) and have an ultrasound and nonstress test twice a week. They also told me yesterday that they probably won't let me go past 36/37 weeks putting baby arrival in 4 to 5 weeks. The look on my husband's face when he heard that was absolutely priceless. They also said babies in this situation don't tolerate vaginally birth well, so I'm probably looking at a c-section. This isn't how I wanted things to play out. Since I'm out of work early, I only get 8 weeks after the baby is born instead of 12. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about childcare now. The person I was going to have watch her for the few hours a couple times a week when mine and hubbs work schedules overlap I'm sure would be capable of taking care of her, but now that I know she's going to be a little premie, I'm worried. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome ladies !! 
    @katie12109 Best of luck with the delivery !! I wish you and your LO the healthiest and easiest labor!
    @kennelchick I am sorry for the bedrest. I hope it helps the baby grow quicker. My friend`s baby girl was born 4lb15oz at 39 weeks in July, she is doing great now. The maternity leave policies in the US is terrible, I hope you find the best caring solution for your family.

Ladies, I have a question. I am at 28 weeks and today I could not feel much baby movement today as much I normally do. I could feel few kicks when I hold on to my uterus slightly. I have read that you might miss some of the movements/kicks at this point but it just bothers me that she does not move much today. Could you let me know if this is normal at this point or should I contact my doctor just in case ? My doctor did not mention anything about baby movements last appointments.
  • Options
    chrissym126chrissym126 member
    edited August 2016
    @jerseygirl856, I am definitely extremely likely to go with an epidural. At our childbirth class, they explained that once you have the epidural you must stay on the bed and be continuously monitored, so it's best to wait until you're pretty far dilated (around 6 cm), so if all goes well, I hope to be walking around, showering or bathing (depending on which delivery room I get!), using the birthing ball, etc, until I decide what I want to do. Having never had a baby, and knowing that every birth can be different, I have no idea how I'll do with the pain, but I'm very grateful to have so many options.

That said, I am hoping that an induction will not be necessary! I plan to labor at home for as long as it is reasonable to do so. I just hope I don't scare my cat, but at that point I probably won't really notice.

@ZoeFer, call your doctor if you're concerned, please! It is literally what they are there for. They want to help us. And if they sound like they don't, well, check in with them now and then hopefully find another practice. But you might try having some juice and lying on your left side (if that's possible for you to do where you are) and see if you get some kicking action.

• Options
    Thanks @chrissym126 , I did not want to sound too paranoid but I also did not want to get more and more nervous since it doesnot help. I am at work so I cannot lie down but I even had a cookie after lunch to get her moving. Usually, she moves a lot after lunch and I cannot feel her moving today. 
    My birth plan is very similar to yours, I will wait as much as I can until I get the epidural. And if it is a quick delivery, I might try to go without it even. My mom said that my birth was so easy and quick and I hope the same for my girl :)
  • Options
    @ZoeFer, whenever I'm worried I might sound "paranoid," I always tell myself that I can't possibly be the craziest person calling that day. And if I am? Well I'll also be the craziest but most polite and thankful for the nurse or doctor's time. I don't know if that thought works for you, but it does for me.
  • Options
    @ZoeFer I know the feeling all to well as my baby girl had me in the OB triage for decreased fetal movement. I was told that many pregnant women come in for that and it's better to be safe. The nurse told me that's what they are there for. Please call your OB whenever you have a concern. My little one will be very active one day and not so much the next. I eat something sweet and cold then lay on my left side. 
    @chrissym126 thanks for sharing what you learned from your childbirth class. I'm leaning more towards epidural as well. 
    @kennelchick I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis and bed rest.Hopefuy your little one picks up more weight. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies!  I'm so sorry to be so quiet in here.  This has been my first two days at work after being on bedrest for two weeks.  I had fourth degree hemorrhoids and they couldn't do surgery on them because I wouldn't heal in time for labor.

Welcome @tvh1982 and @ZoeFer to the 3rd trimester.  Hoping all goes well for you!
    I was wondering what was going on with you @katie121209!!!  Hope everything is going okay. I know you're ready for your LO to arrive!
    @jerseygirl856 - I'm hoping to be able to do a more natural birth, but use nitrous oxide instead of an epidural.  I'd like to hold off on an epidural if at all possible, but we will see.  I'm not disappointed if my plan has to change some.  Check to see if your hospital gives you the option of nitrous oxide!
    @kennelchick - I'm so sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with IUGR.  I'm hoping that everything turns out wonderfully for you.  My nephew was born at 34w5d and he's a little little guy, but doing pretty well.  Hope you are able to stay relaxed and will be keeping you all in my thoughts!
    @chrissym126 - I'm so excited that baby is low and you are ready to go!  LO will be here in no time!!!

I have my 34 week appt tomorrow and I get to talk to my Ob about doing an external version possibly in a few weeks due to LO being breech.  He's perfectly happy being breech.  It makes me a little nervous, but mostly because I took all the confident childbirth classes, came up with my birth plan, and his "breechiness" might throw all that out the window with a c-section. I think IF has taught me that nothing is set in stone or predictable when it comes to having a baby.
    QOTW: I tell my little ninja boy to settle down quite often while I'm at work or when I'm trying to sleep.  He's so active!  We finally got a picture of his face after three months and of course he had a little smirk.  He's going to keep us on our toes.  I can't wait to meet him and see his personality grow and flourish during the first year and more.
  • Options
    @Piperella thank you for the good thoughts. I'm so sorry about the hemorrhoids, that sounds awful!

Thank you everyone for the good thoughts, I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    @kennelchick there is a potential that I have IUGR as well....they started the twice weekly NST's and I go back this Friday to see if there has been any improvement in growth in the past 2 weeks. My placental fluid has been excellent at 17.1 and the blood flow to and from the cord was fine 2 weeks ago as well. My NSTs so far have show him being extremely reactive. MY AC value was measuring low, which is what prompted the monitoring. We will see if I actually have IUGR this Friday I guess. My Guy was measuring 3 pounds at 30 weeks 5 days. My husband and I are both tiny people though, so it could be just that he's going to be small the doctor said. It is so scary to think he could be coming soon, so I know what you are going through. Fingers crossed we both make it to 35/36 weeks. I'll feel so much better once we cross that line! Let's keep eachother posted, it's comforting knowing someone else going through this because it's terrifying!!!
  • Options
    It feels indeed that it has passed by wicked fast @kennelchick.
    Remember all the trying as it was yesterday, yet in 12 weeks I get to meet her!
    Sorry to hear about the best rest. Keeping you in my prayers that your LO will grow and do well in there.
    And same for you @laur2444
    Sometimes it feels like we never get a break.

Glad you are back at work @piperella, sounds like you are getting back on your feet. Can't imagine how you felt.

My midwife said to call if I don't feel movement or movement is different than I'm used to and feels off @zoefer. She said this at 27 weeks when I told her that I was worried 2 days before as I couldn't feel my LO for a day and a half. 
    She explained that we are so far along, that should something be off, the baby has a change to survive outside the womb.
    So next time I shouldn't go to bed if my day has been off.
    She also said that 9 out of 10 times its nothing, but it's their jobs to tell us it's nothing and make us stop worrying.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @Piperella, I am squirming in sympathy for you! I hope you're feeling better. 

I am going to go ahead and make a solemn promise here to never look at another Zika article again until after I have had the baby. We traveled to PR in January a day before the announcement about Zika came out, and it was the worst vacation of my life. Even though my CDC test came back negative for Zika antibodies, seeing Zika articles can sometimes make me very upset and we haven't had an anatomy scan since 22 weeks, at which point my doctors were satisfied the baby was developing normally. If only I could get an u/s on demand Friday! I trust my doctors, so that's what I am holding onto.
  • Options
    @laur2444 you are the only other person on this board that also has issues with IUGR. It's nice to have company, not that I want anyone else to have to deal with it. Are you able to still work? I have another ultrasound tomorrow to make sure the placental flow is still ok. 
  • Options
    Yes they haven't given me any restrictions yet @kennelchick.....they still haven't diagnosed it as definitely IUGR , just are monitoring for "possible Iugr" I think this Friday at my growth scan we will get a more definitive answer. I hope your placental flow is good....we gotta keep these babies in there as long as possible! Fx for both of us! I will let you know Friday how I make out. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for your words, it is good to know that I am not just `paranoid`. Yesterday I also could not feel much movement in the morning and called the dr. office. They asked me to come in and have an ultrasound to be safe. In the u/s, everything seemed fine, baby growth, fluid and the baby seemed fine. She started to kick me as soon as I sat on that u/s table :) Dr. told me to do the kick count and if I feel 10 kicks/move in an hour while I am lying down , then it should be fine. Maybe it was not necessary to have an u/s but I am happy to have it so I am not constantly nervous about the movement now. It is my birthday today so DH says I got this extra u/s as my birthday gift :)) Thanks again to everyone for their messages !
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    So happy for you, @zoefer!

I called my doctor's office this morning to make sure a symptom (it seemed like it was mucus plug) was normal, and the nurse told me the baby should likely be coming in two weeks! I'm 38 weeks today, and I tried to bargain with her that it meant the baby would come this weekend, ha. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Wonderful news @kennelchick!!!! Hopefully you will be on the up now!  
  • Options
    @kennelchick just got back from my appointment....while the abdominal growth is still lower than it should be, my guy gained 10 ounces in 11 days and is at 3 pounds 10 ounces for 32 weeks and 2 days. Doctor said that number is fine and they are happy there was such an increase in weight. The placental fluid and umbilical blood flow were all good as well, so they will just continue monitoring with the twice weekly non stress tests and one weekly ultrasounds. I feel like I live at the office already lol. No bed rest or restrictions though....just said to make sure im drinking a ton of water. 
  • Options
    Glad both had good news @kennelchick and @laur2444, keep up the good work and get those little ones growing!

• Options
    So excited to see such good news on our thread!  Have a great weekend, ladies!
  • Options
    @laur2444 I'm so happy for you! That's great, must be a huge relief.

I'm back at the hospital. I got nervous during the afternoon because I wasn't feeling any movement. They had me come in, and the baby looked fine on the heart monitor, however my bp is high and they admitted me. I find it odd though that they were so concerned, my last bp at 1000 was 150s/91 and no one has checked it since. It's now 330 am and I haven't seen my nurse since. I'm sure they've poked their head in and seen me sleeping, but shouldn't we have rechecked the bp after meds? I'm a nurse and I don't work in maternity I do understand hypertension management. Also when the Dr  (who I've never met before) came to tell me I'd be staying he was very somber and told me that my baby is very small and very high risk. I asked high risk for what exactly, and all he would say was "not doing well". I want my Dr who knows me, knows my baby and knows how to not stress a pregnant mom into a hypertensive crisis. 

Also my baby shower is on Sunday. I really hope I get to go. 
  • Options
    Oh no @kennelchick. My heart just dropped when I read this. Hopefully they will get everything under control and you will be able to go home today and enjoy your shower tomorrow. Also, I hope your regular doctor makes an appearance....I know exactly how you feel because our MD actually lives 2 houses up from us, so he is the best at just getting what we need to be said and when. Tons of prayers your way and keep us posted.
  • Options
    *lurking from 2nd tri but I start 3rd tri tomorrow *

@kennelchick I am so sorry ! How scary. It doesn't sound like the staff is being very helpful and attentive :( I'm sending love and prayers your way that all is well and that you get out of the hospital in time for tomorrow !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !