Infertility

Back again after a LONG break

Hi All...I'm not sure if any of you remember me. I was a casual user of The Bump TTC board in 2013. After 4 years of trying and DH and I are about to start our first IUI cycle next month. I'm caustiously optimistic. It's been a LONG journey. I was told by my first RE that I need to get down to a certain BMI before they would agree to treat me. Well...after struggling to lose the weight, which I nearly did...they were insistent that I get to their idea of proper weight before treatment. I ended up switching insurance and changing clinics. I'm now working with an RE who agrees weightloss is important, but that my age, 39, is more of a factor at this point. I'm still on my weightloss mission as well.
I would love to hear your experiences with IUI and what your thoughts are on plus-size TTC. I am also nervous to try new meds. It looks like I'm going to be doing clomid and a trigger shot. I'm trying to find out what the NAME of the trigger shot drug is, I forgot to ask my RE on Friday. Thanks!
*TW below*
Me: 40 DH: 38
TTC since November 2012
BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

Re: Back again after a LONG break

• Welcome. I'm new to the bump. I have PCOS and had two unsuccessful IUI's last fall. I'm looking at doing my third IUI in a couple months. I'll be a single mom by choice. I've been on prometrium, ovidrel, clomid, & femara to name a few. I'm also overweight (5'1 & 200lbs) but my RE is not overly concerned about my weight and had no issues performing my IUI's. I actively work out and have been slowly making changes to my eating habits the last couple of months. I've also been dealing with anxiety and depression due to the loss of my dad this year. I wish you much success in your journey and I'll keep you in my prayers. 
  • Good luck to you as well! I'm keeping my fingers crossed your 3rd try is the one!
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Loading the player...
  • hi, welcome back, i was never told at any point my weight would be an issue.  i had tried to lose weight on my own, i lost 20 pounds, i am down to 250's.  i am still obese and the only time it was ever brought up was when i was preparing for ER for IVF, i needed to meet with anesthesia before i started stims to ensure they wouldn't have an issue with me which they didn't.  i get weight may be an issue but to say that is more important is wrong.  glad you switched providers and are now on the right track.  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The only thing mine said was it would be easier for ER when we start IVF in a few months if I could drop some weight so my ovaries will be in the right spot. I'm glad that you switched and I wish you the best of luck.
  • latershraderlatershrader member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the welcome! Best of luck to @rmarble23 & @katymarie101 as well!!
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016