Baby Names
Options

quick help before..

Lola2214Lola2214 member
edited August 2016 in Baby Names
So DH is deploying soon and we need to choose names for our twin girls ASAP cause he can't be thinking about this when he leaves, we are considering not naming our girls after goddesses cause we are having a hard time choosing one we like. We like Lyssa Mae and Rhea Sue, but we are looking into other names.
siblings are Aphrodite, Perseus, Ares and Athena.

these are the names we've come up with that are not Goddess names. 

Lydia Sue & Olivia Mae
Kaia Sue & Kyla Mae
Lucy Mae & Emma Sue
Quinn Sue & Chelsie Mae

And also..
Lyssa Mae & Rhea Sue

if you can vote which one you like best it'd be amazing. Thank you!

edited ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Re: quick help before..

• Options
    Agree with PP, but I like Lydia and Olivia if you do decide to go non-goddess
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah. Stick with the goddess names. Can you imagine the possible inferiority complex that could come out of having all your older siblings named after GODS and you're just.....Chelsie.

"Hey, what was Chelsie the goddess of?"
    "Oh. Chelsie wasn’t a Goddess.  Its a district in London. "Landing place for chalk and Limestone"
    "Oh. Well, thats.... neat."
  • Options
    Yeah. Stick with the goddess names. Can you imagine the possible inferiority complex that could come out of having all your older siblings named after GODS and you're just.....Chelsie.

"Oh. Chelsie wasn’t a Goddess.  Its a district in London. "Landing place for chalk and Limestone"
    I also posted goddess names we've come down too, Lyssa and Rhea, you could have just Said Lyssa and Rhea. and i also said we are looking into, didn't say we were going to use non goddess names. But thanks for your input, it is much apericated.
  • Options
    Lola2214 said:

I also posted goddess names we've come down too, Lyssa and Rhea, you could have just Said Lyssa and Rhea. and i also said we are looking into, didn't say we were going to use non goddess names. But thanks for your input, it is much apericated.
    But if I had said just "lyssa and Rhea" the context for why I thought they were the better choice would have been lost. 

Which, in case it wasn't clear, the "why" wasn’t  "these other names suck" it was "these other names feel lesser when compared with their older siblings." As a younger sibling myself, even when our parents do a good job of treating siblings equally,  it's hard to not compare yourself to them. My older sisters being named for the Goddess of Beauty and the Goddess of Wisdom, but my name being, nowhere near that is absolutely something I would have picked up on. 
    Okay
  • Options
    Lola2214Lola2214 member
    edited August 2016
    Said below⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
  • Options
    I agree with PPs, stick with goddess names, so Lyssa and Rhea
  • Options
    Lucy and Emma
  • Options
    What about Cleo (Clio) and Calliope? They are muses, which is still mythical. 

Demi (Short for Demeter) & Persephone

You'd mentioned Iris I think, which is beautiful, and pairs well with Lyssa

Selene/Selena & Sabrina

Astrid (from Astraea)

Concept names would be Grace and Charity, after the Greek Graces (similar to the Muses)

Gwen/Gwenn (Celtic goddess)

Quinevere, Isolde, Leda - nothing compares to a Goddess name..... Except a PRINCESS name!
    (You might spend some time looking up Royalty inspired names for more?)

Rhiannon is a Welsh mythological queen/goddess and pairs well with Rhea. 

Whichever route you choose, Good luck with your sweet girls! God bless!

The McC 3 - DH, (38) Me, (34) and DS (3)
    A.J.M. - Born 6/11/13 after 17 BFNs including 1 failed IUI.
    Maybe Baby #2 - Started TTC Feb 2015. Called it quits after 29 cycles. 
  • Options
    I like Lyssa and Rhea with your sibset. Like pp mentioned, your other names are so big and bold, something like Lydia Sue just doesn't seem to fit at all. That said, if I didn't know your other names, I would vote for Lucy and Emma or Emma and Olivia. I think Olivia&Lydia and Kaia&Kyla are too similar.