TTC After a Loss

**August Waiting to O!**

Re: **August Waiting to O!**

• @AliciaGoose My LP was super messed up the first few cycles after my MC. It did eventually increase to a more normal length now that I'm about 9 months out.

@fivetimesnoluck Glad you got to treat yourself and enjoy the start of a new cycle. Countdown to the next IUI begins!
  • @roper2617 hey how did the clomid days go? Been checking and haven't seen any updates, but may have missed it! Fx for you this cycle! 
  • Loading the player...
  • CD 4 and my period is over.  I'd be thrilled to have a 3 day AF if I wasn't TTC!  It has been lighter & shorter since my m/c's and that has me concerned about possible scarring after 2 D&C's. 

• My first month not trying to prevent and all my fears are re-surfacing. My biggest one right now is that after 2 D&Cs for one MMC - the first of which perforated my uterus, I'm nervous that scarring will prevent implantation... Ugh. 
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • @lilyaster I hear you on the shorter AF. Mine had been shorter since my MMC and then Cytotec to complete.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @lilylover27 I'm sorry yours is shorter too.  Did you have a D&C or just the cytotec?  I don't know how short or light of a flow should be concerning.
  • @lilyaster I just decided to go with the Cytotec because my OB thought that was the best option. Unfortunately it was incomplete but about 3 weeks after it completes naturally. I know scarring chances are low but it still freaks me out having a short LP and AF. If it doesn't re-adjust by next year I think I will consult my OB. Apparently it is not uncommon though.
  • @lilyaster I have the same fears after 2 D&Cs. At 7 Dpo my lining was only 5.6 mm at my last appt. I've started drinking raspberry leaf tea and taking baby aspirin. My period ended up being 1.5 days + 2-3 days of spotting which was better than I expected. Hoping the next one is heavier! My RE was not concerned enough to order the saline sonogram. Apparently it can take 3 cycles after D&C for the lining to fully recover. I had this same concern after my first D&C and got pregnant easily and held on to that pregnancy.

My BFF had moderate to severe scarring after a surgery to have polyps removed before a FET. Her RE was optimistic and they were able to get rid of it. I know it would be a huge pain, but I keep telling myself that if I do have scarring that it is fixable with the right surgeon. All that being said, if I have another MC, I'm going to do my best to use cytotec and not get another D&C.
  • Wow am I confused. It is CD 17. I've always to my knowledge ovulated CD 15. I thought it was weird I did not notice any CM this time around (I also get EWCM leading up to it typically, quite a lot). Yesterday I felt terrible... nauseous enough to have to lie down and not want to do anything, really sore breasts, cramps, and this morning I gagged brushing my teeth! With my loss I didn't realize i was pregnant for awhile, so I got freaked out. But then I realized these can all be symptoms of ovulating too?? I've never had this before, and it is weird. I finally got EWCM this morning. So I guess it is just pretty late. I do not enjoy having pregnancy-esque symptoms while not pregnant, I hope they go away soon. :(
    -----
    TW: Loss
    EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

• @chloe97 my FX you do not have another MC, same for all you other ladies! I don't know if you ever took Cytotec for a MC after a D&C but it was pretty intense. I only did it because my OB recommended because the MMC was at 8 so still really early.
  • My mind is going all baby/pregnancy crazy right now! I already decided I am going to attempt to HIO every other day while waiting for O, have not told DH my plan because I do not want performance anxiety! I don't know what it is but I feel optimistic about this month, I am sure it will probably be a let down, but I can't help it! Also I totally looked up what my EDD would be if I got KU this cycle even though I am still waiting for O! Someone needs to stop me..
  • Well, I guess I'm here now. I just got AF on cd27, I don't think I've ever had a shorter cycle than 31 days my whole life. Today is 10dpo and I got a bfn and I've been weepy about it all day so at least now I know why. This one hit me really hard. I have one more cycle to get ku before my due date and I'm feeling utterly defeated.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • edited August 2016
    CD20 and my temps are going up. FF put my O date as CD17 which I had no idea was going to happen bc last cycle I O'd on CD33 (last three cycles were on average 47 days) so I was going to start OPKs on CD25, twice a day for 10 days or until I got a positive. How the heck did I O on day 17?!?! So depressing bc DH and I were in the middle of a week long BD break   :'(

So I'm out and no sense going over to TWW
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Sorry about AF @brooklyngirl18. Sucks
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Sorry @brooklyngirl18.. hang in there!

@chloe97 - scarring after TWO D&Cs and a perforation of my uterus is my current obsession on why I won't get pg again. And having to wait 6 months to see/tell a doctor about it. blah

@lilylover27 - i do the same thing with the EDD, I look it up every damn time. This cycle if we are successful (and our timing has been great) my EDD will be my bday...
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • @SoonToBeMommaHowe I'm sorry about the random O date, so frustrating! 

Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @brooklyngirl18 and @SoonToBeMommaHowe What is up with early ovulating this month?!?! I''m so sorry that you missed your windows. So frustrating!! I'm still benched, but I've had 2 days of high temps so another high temp tomorrow means I also ovulated 4 days early. I'm hoping that this is a trend going forward because I much rather I early than late. 

• @chloe97 fx for earlier O for you! 
    I already ordered a new mabis thermometer and I will double check my opk stash when I get home and restock if I need. I will NOT miss my window next month damnit.
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @brooklyngirl18 sorry about AF! 
  • Don't know if it is the two glasses of wine or just the EDD in two weeks but my good optimistic mood from earlier just vanished. Feeling kind of bummed and mopey now. I wish TTCAL wasn't so hard both physically and emotionally.
  • Oh @lilylover27 - sorry your optimistic mood vanished. It's ok to not be optimistic constantly. Loss cha yes everything!
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • Well I have had ewcm since Monday but low and hard cervix. Really hoping these rise and o pains come. Really wishing I could temp this cycle. 
  • @lilylover27 It is extremely emotionally taxing experience TTCAL, or even TTC at all when you're having trouble, but the end goal will be so very worth it. That's what I always try to remember.

I'm feeling very excited this week. I'm in the midst of my 4th cycle post-MC, and things had been very very off. I was on BC for years and was used to my happy 29 day cycle, and have had some really wonky cycles for me (26, 31, 22) and have really been struggling to figure out when our best time to conceive would be. But! I finally got a positive OPK on CD15, and a noticeable temp spike the day after. Unfortunately we BD on CD14 and haven't been able to since. So as frustrating as that is to think we probably missed our chance this month, I still feel empowered that I learned about my body more this month. I'm hoping my LP is relatively normal. I can't wait for next cycle so we will be more on top of things.
  • @lilylover27 I'm sorry, it's SO hard and draining. hugs.
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • ***need to rant today, sorry***

After finally being cleared after 7 months to TTC again, I initiated convo with DH on how to have BD not seem like a chore and be fun which segway'd into (again) how to afford daycare, what room of the house to use for nursery, which segway'd into how he is absolutely freaked right now about my having another MC, how he needs more time to "process" and "do all these things" (around the house) and "make sure we're ready." Are you fucking kidding me?! I'll be 38 in 2 weeks. He was so happy when I got pregnant and the MC just shattered him, so he's stalling. He said the focus for the last 7 months was getting me better again, so TTC is a new idea for him again that he has to get used to. Obviously, I reminded him it's a situation you are never going to feel you're prepared for, how we have the financial and home stability, etc. I gave him until 2nd week of October when we get back from visiting his mom in New Orleans to sort through this. 

So, hanging out in WTO I guess. And of course, EWCM this morning. Of-fucking-course. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @amberruka ugh what the hell?! it's insanely frustrating how differently men process this than we do. I hope he gets his head on straight and you guys ttc asap. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Oh @amberruka - I'm so sorry, and I empathize with your DH because honestly, I'm the one who would rather back away from the sex sometimes because I'm SCARED! Scared of when I get pregnant, scared of when next baby will be due, etc. But, the fear of never trying again and never having another baby is greater. 

My OB always recommends a bottle of tequila and let the rest happen :) 
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • Thanks-and I do understand where he's coming from. The gynecologist said if I had a 2nd MC he wouldn't be surprised (I liked his realism), and I had to get to a point where I would be okay taking the risk of it happening again. That took some months for me too. 
  • @amberruka I'm so sorry about DH's anxiety about trying again. I agree with @chloe97 that he needs a serious talk about what waiting actually means in regards to your fertility and having a child or children. If I could tell anything to my younger self it would be that you are never truly ready for anything in life. If you want something, you better go after it because who knows what tomorrow brings. I can only imagine how frustrated you must be. Thinking of you.
  • @amberruka sorry about DH's reluctance to start trying again. I agree with everyone else that he may need to be reminded what waiting entails for you and your chances.

CD11 here and anxiously awaiting O, last cycle it was on CD13 and we had terrible timing. This cycle, so far at least, we are HIO every other day so hopefully timing will be better! Questions, may be TMI, but after both BD sessions I had some blood tinged CM, nothing that would normally be noticed but since I am like a super analyst of all things lately I noticed. Just hoping this isn't a bad sign? Maybe just the uptake of the BD pace?
  • @amberruka sorry about DHs reluctance. That has to be extremely frustrating after such a long bench period. That just stinks 

@lilylover27 I'm not sure about the CM but yay for good timing! 

Now the complete opposite of good timing....we're on a BD break in order to treat a YI which would've been fine if I ovulated on CD33 like last month. But at the beginning of the week FF said I O'd on cd13 (?!?!). But since then it has changed to cd15 then 17 and this morning changed to cd19. I'm not even sure it ever happened but I just wish FF would get it together!! Any thoughts on whether it was 17 or 19? Last cycle pre-O temps were btwn 96.0-97.1 and post O temps btwn 97.0-98.2. I know the YI could affect the temps but they didn't go much lower or higher than normal...
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @lilylover27- yes. Blood tinged cm around time of O can be totally normal. Could also be from increased sex. 

I probably Od 1 or 2 days ago. Not charting ATM. Just using historic trends. We had lots of sex this week so timing good. Rest out of my control I guess. 
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • @SoonToBeMommaHowe I think cd17 seems most likely. Why is so much easier to have an opinion on someone else's chart and not your own? I feel like I'm always clueless with mine but have opinions for others lol
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @SoonToBeMommaHowe I could see the case for both, but I'm going to go with CD 19 just because those post o-temps are so low.

Your pre-o temps are so low. Have you had your thyroid checked and if so do you know your TSH numbers? Mine hovers around 3.5, which no primary care Dr and many OBs wouldnt treat, but REs like to see you under 2.5. It also could be a symptom of estrogen dominance. Has a Dr run your CD 3 tests? Was your estradiol normal? Do you sleep ok during the follicular stage of your cycle? I had very low temps and horrible insomnia the couple cycles after MC, which could be caused by issues with thyroid and estrogen dominance. Synthroid + acupuncture has gotten them a lot higher. That book I mentioned-Making Babies- talks a lot about issues that you can see through your BBT chart and those are 2 that stuck out for me when looking at your chart. 
  • @brooklyngirl18 I know! My chart always looks Chinese to me, lol.

@chloe97 I know I thought my temps were pretty low as well but at this point had chalked it up to being a mouth breather  :|
    I had cd3's taken in December and the results they gave me were 
       *FSH - 7.2
       *Estrogen - 29
       *LH - 6
       *AMH - 4.2
    And that everything else was "normal". 
    I had cd3's run again in January, specifically looking for PCOS, and they gave me the following:
         *Testosterone 18
         *DHEA - 120
    My mother (who has struggled with weight and facial hair on her chin her entire life) finally demanded a full thyroid panel from her PCP and hers came back low. Is that stuff genetic? 

I do sleep well, all the time, in fact maybe too well (when I finally get a BFP I'll have to practice not sleeping so well). Fast asleep within 2-5 minutes, sleep 8-8.5 hrs a night. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @SoonToBeMommaHowe Yes thyroid disease can be hereditary. My mom is hypothyroid and I have sub-clinical hypothyroid, though I also have all the symptoms of classic hypothyroid- scaly skin, thinning hair, sensitivity to light, weight gain, etc. From what I understand to be hypothyroid your TSH is higher (over 5) and your T4 levels are lower or your T3 levels are low.

Your CD panel looks totally normal to me. Though the testosterone seems low to me? I'm surprised they never checked your thyroid though, especially considering your mom has thyroid issues. Maybe it is because you're a mouth breather! 

• Thanks for the encouragement guys, we talked at length again last night (esp. about AMA) and continuing to do so. I may still have to wait until October to really give it a go (as already promised) but he's coming around. 

Just my two cents-no family history of thyroid issues. TSH still <0.01 and may never return. At least T3 and T4 are back in order on meds. Had to take my kitty girl this morning for blood draw for same tests....:-(. She's losing weight but no issues otherwise. 

@SoonToBeMommaHowe I'm guessing 19 too, but could be 17. Oi!
  • @amberruka I' m glad you and dh talked, hopefully he comes around soon. I hope your kitty is ok!
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017