Multiples
Options

Childcare for Twins + Toddler

AngieMarieBAngieMarieB member
edited August 2016 in Multiples

Hi Mamas!

I have a 19 month old daughter and just found out we are expecting TWINS in February! Two babies changes the game on a lot of things, one of them being childcare options. I am looking for any feedback on what other pay for care of multiples!

Here is our current situation:

We have a nanny for our daughter for $18 per hour, which equates to $720 per week for 40 hours. That translates about $38,000 per year. When I research online it looks like nanny care for three kids would be somewhere around $23 per hour, or $920 per week and $47,000 per year. Minimum wage is Seattle is $15 per hour so I have never come across anyone charging less than this, even for one child.

Daycare does not look any better, with infant daycare care in Seattle coming in at $2,100 to $2,400 per month and daycare for a two year old coming in at $1,700 to $2,000 per month. That puts the low end for all three at $5,900 per month or $70,000 per year.

Is this what other families are paying?

Thank you!!

Re: Childcare for Twins + Toddler

• Options
    You'd probably want to ask people local to you- my rates in Michigan mean nothing in comparison to Washington... sorry!
  • Options
    That sounds about right - we are paying $6k a month for daycare. We have 3 month old twins and a 2 1/2 year old. Nannys arent that much cheaper. Its only a couple years until kindegarten. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a 4 year old and 16 month twins. I dropped down to 30 hours a week to avoid daycare. It sucks, but I work opposite schedules than my dh. That way one of us is always home and we don't pay daycare. Once they're all in school, I'll go back to full time. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker