Washington Babies

Childcare for Twins + Toddler in Seattle

Hi Mamas!

I have a 19 month old daughter and just found out we are expecting TWINS in February! Two babies changes the game on a lot of things, one of them being childcare options. I am looking for any feedback on what other pay for care of multiples!

Here is our current situation:

We have a nanny for our daughter for $18 per hour, which equates to $720 per week for 40 hours. That translates about $38,000 per year! Our previous nanny charged $15 per hour, but I had her for 45 hours and paid her time and a half for the five "overtime" hours so it was still about $700 per week. My husband thinks that we are overpaying, but minimum wage in Seattle is $15 and I could not find anyone for less!! When I research online it looks like nanny care for three kids would be somewhere around $23 per hour, or $920 per week and $47,000 per year.

Daycare does not look any better, with infant daycare care in Seattle (we live in Greenlake and I work on Queen Anne) coming in at $2,100 to $2,400 per month and care for a two year old coming in at $1,700 to $2,000 per month. That puts the low end for all three at $5,900 per month or $70,000 per year.

Is this what other families are paying?

Thank you!!

Re: Childcare for Twins + Toddler in Seattle

• I am on the East side (redmond, bellevue issaquah area) with a 3 year old who goes full time to an amazing preschool and we pay about 1700 a month for him. 

It's very expensive (!!!) especially for quality care. 

We had him full time at a licensed in home previously and paid about 1200. She was very good and never watched more than 4 kids total (mix of ages below 5/6). 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017