September 2016 Moms
Options

Pain and pressure

I was at the beach yesterday and did a lot of walking and standing. I woke up this morning extremely sore and if I walk or stand for too long some pretty serious pressure in my lower abdomen. I didn't quite have the same pressure with my son. It also started a lot later with him. I am 33 weeks and 3 days. Last week I had a lot of BH and I am pretty sure I had some real contractions. I was induced with my son so contractions were not as natural. Just looking for some advice if I should call my doctor or see how I feel tomorrow. 

Re: Pain and pressure

• Options
    It's possible it could be muscle soreness from being so active, or increased BH which get more intense as your pregnancy progresses. But you could also be dehydrated from being outside and active, and in the heat of summer. I would definitely bump up your water intake and rest up. If you feel like you're having real contractions, I would time them to see if they're regular or irregular; this is the advice my midwife gave me. She also said an epsom salt bath can help (I didn't try because I was so hot the thought of a bath totally turned me off, even if it was cold). But if you're really worried, call your doctor and see what they say. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    drmh22drmh22 member
    Lots of activity can trigger BH. I would say put your feet up and relax today. If they aren't coming at regular intervals you should be fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you were out at the beach all day, make sure you are well hydrated. Dehydration can be a possible trigger
  • Options
    I've been having tons of pressure, too, and even some occasional crampy feelings. Not contractions, but definitely crampy. I noticed it gets a little better if I drink some water and put my feet up. I would advise you do the same! Take it easy mama!
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers