Trouble TTC
Options

FVL Factor v Leiden heterozygous

MC warning!

I have had 2 mc this year within a 6 month time span. I just had blood test run and haven't gotten them all back yet but what I have gotten back so far is that I have factor v Leiden heterozygous. Never had any clotting issues that I am aware of. nurse told me to call her as soon as I know I am pregnant so that she can call me in a RX of lovonex and she can show me how to inject myself, which will be done on a daily basis. My question is how do I go about catching my pregnancy asap so I don't have another mc and I can get started on the injections asap? My first mc was at 9 wk, but no growth since 6 weeks and the second was at 5w5d. I had only known I was pregnant a week then. Any tips? Good luck to you all!

Re: FVL Factor v Leiden heterozygous

• Options
    Hello and welcome. I'm so sorry for your losses and that you find yourself here. FX for you!

You may get a better answer on the TTC after loss board, but my understanding is that since you start counting from the first day of your last period (I believe....), the earliest you could get a positive is around 4 weeks, depending on the average length of your cycles. So you found out almost as early as you could last time. Do you temp and chart? That can give you a good idea if when you've ovulated and how long your luteal phase and cycle as a whole should be. Then can start testing days before your expected period, to help you find out as early as possible. (Sorry if you're already doing this and I'm just being redundant!)

Ladies over on the TTC after loss likely have even better tips than I. But you're welcome here, too, and I hope you stay and keep us updated! Good luck!!