25% 33 votes
At 32 wks
2% 3 votes
At 30wks
1% 2 votes
Already on leave
2% 3 votes

Re: When are y'all taking mat leave?

• So we are potentially doing a move that requires job switches. I'm going to try to go on my 3-mo maternity leave early maybe 32 wks and then not come back - assuming will lose year end bonus, which is awful, but company policy doesn't require pay back if I terminate at end of leave so we will try to at least get those 3mos pay.
  • I want as much time with baby as possible so unless medically necessary to quit working earlier, I will be working up to the end. Bonus points if my water breaks at work right? Lol!
  • Loading the player...
  • My first two pregnancies my water broke while I was at work (helping the same nurse actually so I considered her my lucky charm). 3rd my water broke at home while I was picking up 1+2's toys. I don't take any until I'm driving to the hospital. But if I could live without a paycheck I'd love to take around 36 weeks and on.
  • I will get atleast 8 weeks off and can only afford to take that time off. I can't take off any earlier unless medically necessary. So up until the day of my c section it is, then! 
  • I run an in-home daycare on my own, so only take a week or two off. So I definitely wait until I'm having the baby.   
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I'm working right up until I deliver. I won't be returning to my job, probably finding something part time or that fits into our schedule better than the school I'm at now. I sometimes wish I was taking a week or two before my due date though!
  • I'm planning on October 31st being my last day in the office. I'm due November 13th so that would give me two weeks (theoretically) before baby boy comes to relax and get stuff done around the house. We'll see if work and / or baby cooperate with that plan!
  • Chose already on leave because I'm already a stay at home mum of my toddler. 

With my first I taught until the end of the school year, then had 2 months off because he was born at the end of summer vacation. Perfect timing. ;)
  • I'm thinking 33 ish weeks for me (voted 32). I am an ICU nurse and I just can't do some
    of the physical requirements of my job as I get further along. Just today, I was on the ground assessing a patient who had collapsed having a seizure. Thankfully he was able to stand after, otherwise it would have been up to me
    to coordinate this teenage boy from lying on the ground up to a stretcher (we usually have good help, but in crisis moments, the priority is patient safety, obviously). Plus, the 12 hour shifts are so hard on my body and my sciatica really starts to act up after half a shift. My job doesnt have any options for "light duty" or shorter days. 

I will say that I have wonderful short term disability that allows me to get paid while I'm out for pregnancy complications and it doesn't effect my leave after baby comes. If I wasn't getting paid, I'd have to work as long as possible. 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I chose When my water breaks, but hopefully won't actually go quite that far. I work 80 miles from my house, so I do not want to get stuck down there away from my husband and doctors. My OB knows I work far from home, so the plan is for me to be going in every Monday once we're close and she'll either give me the OK for the week, or tell me to let them know I'm done for the year. Hopefully then Baby will arrive very shortly after that or I'll feel like an idiot for taking off earlier than I need to.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My goal is to start my leave in early October.  We are business owners, so I don't get paid maternity leave anyway so might as well take time off when I want, lol.  We plan to transition my role in September and then October I will be around as needed and come in here and there, but not full time.  My ultimate goal is to work from home as much as I can from then on out, only coming to work a few hours a week. 

• From 32 weeks till birth, I am on sick leave, then taking 52 weeks of maternity and parental leave. 
  • From 32 weeks till birth, I am on sick leave, then taking 52 weeks of maternity and parental leave. 
    52 weeks?!!?!! Where are you? I want to move there. 

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
    52 weeks?!!?!! Where are you? I want to move there. 
    Isn't this Canada's leave policy?  I believe it's also partially paid. I seriously could heavily weigh my options of moving to Canada. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Definitely Canada. We get 50 weeks I believe but only at 40% our salary. Some employees top up for a a period of that (Mine does for 17 weeks). 
    If employers also sick leave you can take that too without effecting youur government given maternity leave but if you go through government benefits for sick leave etc it will cut into the weeks you can take after baby is born.