2nd Trimester
Options

weeks to months

I'll be 22 weeks Thursday (July 28th). I'm curious as to how many months I am to weeks? I've searched online and some sites say 22 weeks starts the 5th month,  or its 5 1/2 months and some say 6 months. I'm confused. My EDD is Dec 1st so I've counted backwards from my DD and it would be I'd be 5 months August 1st. This is my second pregnancy yet I never knew with my first how many weeks I was cause they went by months. My ultrasound tech told me technically a woman carries a baby 10 months. I'm clueless and would love to know what your thoughts are on weeks to months. Thanks in advance...

Re: weeks to months

• Options
    22 weeks makes you about 5.5 months. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    the "10 months" thing is because Dr's count the month you got pregnant as a month of gestation. So technically the first day of your last period started your first month of pregnancy, even though you weren't even pregnant yet, so by the time you get your positive test you're already "4 weeks along". I have the same EDD as you and I just say 5.5 months. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is how I've been doing it:

Forget the 10 months thing. It's easy for me because I happen to be due in September, the 9th month. So on my due date I'm 9 months pregnant. So each previous month, when I hit the # day of my due date (the 21st for me), I'm that many months along. 8/21 will be 8 months, 7/21 was 7 months, etc.

So in your case, 12/1 = 9 months, 11/1 = 8 months, 10/1 = 7 months, 9/1 = 6 months, 8/1 = 5 months.

If every month was 28 days you could just divide by 4, but they're not.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    I agree. A lot of ppl divide by 4 and there's more than 4 week's in a month besides February. I'm just counting backwards from my DD. Its easier that way. 
  • Options
    I don't convert to months. Pregnancy is measured in weeks. If people ask, I tell them weeks. They can do whatever they want with that information. 
  • Options
    This, but I always went by weeks
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker