September 2015 Moms

Lost pacifier at night

My little is 10 months tomorrow. She sleeps with a little stuffed wuby and a pacifier. The problem?  She loses the pacifier and can't get back to sleep without it. At 10 months, does anyone have any good suggestions?  Last night we were up 6 times to put her paci back in her mouth!!  :(

Re: Lost pacifier at night

• DD doesn't take a paci but my DS did. With him I would place about 6 pacis around the bed so if it fell out he could find another one. I would still have to help him some but that cut down on it drastically. When he was 13 months I heard a paci hit the floor and I told DH I wasn't getting it anymore. DS ended up sleeping all night without it. He cried for it for about an hour the next morning and never asked for it again. I gave him a blanket to cuddle with when I took his paci and he did great with the transition. Good luck! 
  • Have extras in a easy spot to quickly grab one in the middle of the night. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Omg yes! This is my LO to a tee. And she will only take the stupid Avent ones that are like invisible on our wood floors and that BOUNCE!! I can hear the sound of her binky hitting the floor a mile away. 

Yea, I second PP's posts. We put an extra either in her crib or in her room so if we do have to go in, we can just grab the extra and give it to her and go back to bed!
  • He only uses a pacifier at night and there are about 4 in his crib so he can find them as needed. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • I just took my son's away and have him a stuffed toy to cuddle. It was our form of sleep training. Took him 3 nights to figure it out and then he was fine 
  • My daughter is going through a bad sleep regression right now, and was throwing her paci out of the crib if we didn't get to her fast enough. So, we used this as an opportunity to wean her from it. It's been a week, and I don't think she's missed it. 
  • FatPony said:
    I just took my son's away and have him a stuffed toy to cuddle. It was our form of sleep training. Took him 3 nights to figure it out and then he was fine 
    Did this with both of mine. DD#1 took a week (with screaming and the whole nine yards). DD#2 caught on in two nights.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We bought glow in the dark pacifiers and put two in his crib so he could find them. It worked for a couple of months, but I realized his sleep was always disrupted because of it. He's always been a terrible sleeper and it started to get worse- especially after traveling, sickness or teething. We ended up hiring a sleep consultant last week. She suggested that we take away the pacifier so he doesn't have anymore sleep crutches. I was so scared to do it, but she said the paci addiction will only get worse and harder to break when he's older. The night the sleep consultant left, my LO slept 12 hours for the first time ever. The next day he kept making fish faces, as if he had a paci in his mouth! So funny! But a week later and he doesn't even seem to notice it's gone. We're so happy to say goodbye to the pacifier! And he's finally falling asleep on his own without any sleep aids. 
  • We had this same problem during sleep regression. When I put her down, I put one in her mouth and one on the mattress. Once she's asleep I put some around the mattress. That's it, if she looses them she looses them. She learned really fast how to fall asleep without one. 
  • I bought a toy that clips to the pacifier when we had this problem a few months ago. We haven't had the problem since. It's so easy to find and he can easily grab it and put it back in his mouth. It's a little stuffed giraffe by Dr Brown. He loves it.
  • Amazon has glow in the dark Dr. Browns Pacifiers
  • Get rid of the pacifier completely!