Babies on the Brain
Options

Fi agreed to set a date! *MC mentioned *

We finally set a date to work towards! I couldn't be happier that we actually have something to work towards instead of just fumbling around thinking it will happen when it happens. I've had such intense baby fever after a loss at the beginning of the year while FI has kind of gone the other way which has made things very difficult to move forward.

We had a long discussion last night and both came out of it feeling happy and content, just for that I'm grateful, we've decided that on our wedding day we won't necessarily start trying but we won't prevent either. While we don't have an exact date booked yet, we know that it's going to be around June 2018 and we're hoping to settle on a date soon. I think that it's going to be a huge motivation to get my life in gear and get things done in these next two years!

Re: Fi agreed to set a date! *MC mentioned *

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss- my only experience with pregnancy is also a loss, from an unplanned pregnancy 8 years ago.

When DH and I got engaged in 2013 he was all for TTC right after the wedding, but by the time we married in 2014 we agreed we'd wait a year to finish up some projects around the house and pay down some debt. I remember saying on our honeymoon "I couldn't imagine waiting more than 2 years", and we'll be 2 years on the dot when we start trying next month lol so it was about the amount of time you're waiting. It felt like that was a long time, but now that I've got one week of birth control pills left I actually can't believe those 2 years are practically up. We've kept busy working on our goals!

Have fun being engaged and planning a wedding :) it will be here before you know it
    Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• Options
    @PolarBear517 thank you! I'm hoping to do the same, focus on goals to keep me busy and then these two years should fly by in theory! Congratulations and happy first day of trying haha 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CraftyG - That's fantastic! It's always nice to have a more-concrete time set, rather than "a while". Definitely keep yourself busy and you'll be there before you know it!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    izza2 said:
    @CraftyG - That's fantastic! It's always nice to have a more-concrete time set, rather than "a while". Definitely keep yourself busy and you'll be there before you know it!
    I couldn't agree more! Although now I have a countdown in my head and it feels like a lifetime away but I'm sure with starting a new job and buying a house it will get pushed to the back of my head and creep up on me before I know it.