Trying to Get Pregnant

Weigh In/Fitness Check-In: Week of July 25

Goal Weight OR how are you feeling this week?

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week?

Any challenges you're facing this week?

How did you do with your goals last week?

GTKY: If you had to pick any Olympic sport to compete in, what would you choose and why?

Married 07.21.07
DS#1 01.23.09
DS#2 08.01.11
TTC#3  08.31.15
Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
Left tube removed
dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
BC: February-October 2019
TTA: November-December 2019
NTNP: January 2020!

Re: Weigh In/Fitness Check-In: Week of July 25

• Goal Weight OR how are you feeling this week?  I'm feeling pretty good - didn't eat too horribly this weekend, but also didn't work out Saturday, Sunday, or this morning.

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week?  Get my butt to crossfit the rest of the week and don't eat crap after dinner.

Any challenges you're facing this week? My parents may come visit this weekend.  If they do, it'll be a whole lot of crappy food.

How did you do with your goals last week?  Meh.

GTKY: If you had to pick any Olympic sport to compete in, what would you choose and why?  Oh that's hard!  Maybe weightlighting or shooting or swimming.

Me: 28     DH :28
    Married 12/5/2015
    4 fur babies - 2 cats, 2 dogs
    TTC July 2016
  • Goal Weight OR how are you feeling this week? 117 is my goal weight... I started at 137.5 and am currently at 134.5. 

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? I guess just not eat like a glutton, try to get in veggies and fruit when possible. I'd like to get in 4 runs again this week... I've doNE it 2 weeks in a row and am feeling pretty awesome about it.

Any challenges you're facing this week? Dh going into surgery, I'll be at the hospital for 3-5 days... and im starting this week off with his favorite foods, which are fattening. It's going to be hard to make good choices!

How did you do with your goals last week? Really good!! Got my runs in, tried to sneak veggies in when I had the chance!

GTKY: If you had to pick any Olympic sport to compete in, what would you choose and why? Running! I love it, that's why!

• Loading the player...
  • Goal Weight OR how are you feeling this week?  Let's go with how I'm feeling... I'm ok.  It's so dang hot that my runs are going to have to happen inside on the treadmill unless I wait until sunset.  Or go super early in the morning.  Not too excited about any of that.

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week?  Try not to eat out so much.  Beat last week's mileage between walking and running.

Any challenges you're facing this week?  Moving.  Holy crap.  We move this coming weekend.  We haven't gone real grocery shopping in a couple weeks because we've been working at our other house getting it ready for us to move back into.  So it's been a lot of unhealthy, quick dinners.  I'm so glad the Meal Prep Monday thread was started today!  I can get some new ideas!

How did you do with your goals last week? Running?  Great!  Food? Horrible!

GTKY: If you had to pick any Olympic sport to compete in, what would you choose and why?  Swimming!  I swam in high school and I loved it.  More than running.  But linzswimz isn't as cool of a sn.  ha! Plus I haven't swam laps in forever because there are no indoor pools where I live.  You can pretty much only swim outside for three months out of the year in the mountains.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Left tube removed

• @thegreenbee You ARE a rock star!  That's awesome!  DH and I really want to run when we get home but it's so humid and a heat advisory every damn day here.  We are on the Gulf Coast.

@linzrunz I desperately wish I had a treadmill...although I have no place to put one. 

Goal Weight OR how are you feeling this week? GW is 140, currently holding steady at 150.

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? I have fallen into bad habits so I MUST make better choices.  I had a fabulous salad for lunch today.  Go me!

Any challenges you're facing this week? It's just. so. hot.

How did you do with your goals last week? I did ~okay~.  Went to MILs for the weekend and I always eat like crap there for some reason.

GTKY: If you had to pick any Olympic sport to compete in, what would you choose and why?  Gymnastics if I had something more than a three inch vertical!

Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• RedBreast35RedBreast35 member
    edited July 2016

@GrabberBlue2010 don't beat yourself up too hard.  I think a lot of people (me included) tend to turn to food when they're feeling down and the important thing is to realize it's happening and that you're ready to make a change.  One day at a time lady!  You can do it  ;)

I'm definitely needing a little diet and exercise accountability as well, so...

I'd like to lose about 5 lbs from where I'm at now, but honestly if I could just replace some of this squish with muscle, I'd be happy!  I've been decent about working out and eating since Saturday, so here's to small victories!

I'm trying really hard to get back into running in the mornings before work, with longer runs on the weekends.  I'm shooting for 4 days before work and both weekend days, even if some of those days are just walking instead of running.

Actually, starting this week, being good should be easier.  DH has a job that when he's in his busy season (which starts tomorrow) he doesn't eat any meals at home.  So I can do my own thing and not worry about making a big dinner for us.  I always end up eating a lot lighter when he's not around.

But also, like everyone else said, the heat is brutal here too.  It's hard to get out and do anything physical after like 7am  :s

Hah!  No comment. 

face peanuts chipmunk stuffing acorn

GTKY: If you had to pick any Olympic sport to compete in, what would you choose and why?
    I was a pole vaulter in college and I absolutely LOVED it.  So much fun!  I also love running, so maybe a member of the track team that does multiple events?

eta missing words

• @GrabberBlue2010 @redbreast35 You two and me both...I totally eat my feelings and did a horrible job of making good choices last week (and the week before, the week before that). I did really well yesterday!  One day at a time, right?  Keep me accountable girls...
    Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17

• @grabberblue2010; Try not to get so down on yourself! I eat my feelings too so know that you are not alone. You can't change what you are or what did last week but you can change what you do today. Take it all one day at a time and you'll start to make your goals happen. 

I'm feeling pretty good! I'm 2.2 pounds away from my 4th mini goal. I had stalled for the last 2 weeks and then AF stopped and I finally lost those pounds I should have (statistically) been losing all along.

Fitness: Reach 10,000+ steps on my Fitbit and at least 30 active minutes Monday through Friday.

nutrition: Continue to make all of our meals at home, from scratch. DH is trying to lose weight, too. I cook whatever we want and don't limit desserts or comfort food so instead I make them as healthy as I can. I'm also really strict about portion control and portion everything out as soon as it cools. 

The heat. I had the oven on yesterday and it made the house so hot! I either need to find a better time to bake or use recipes that only require the stovetop.

Pretty good! I didn't hit 10,000 steps every day but I did meet the active minutes goal.

Gymnastics! That gif is how I see myself competing @ahrains; lol 

• Goal Weight OR how are you feeling this week? Goal weight is 180 I am currently at 213 which is down but not even close to where I need to be. I gained close to 50 pounds after getting Mirena a few years ago and it is slowly coming off since it was removed last year.

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? 10,000 steps a day and just be more active

Any challenges you're facing this week? I work at a desk and we are busy all week. Its hard to get up and move around with patients sitting in front of you.

How did you do with your goals last week? I felt like I should have gained a ton (it was my birthday so we ate out and had some cake) but i maintained so I am happy

GTKY: If you had to pick any Olympic sport to compete in, what would you choose and why? I am not sure maybe swimming

• @grabberblue2010 @ahrains @redbreast35 I'm totallly feeling it with you ladies.. I ate my feelings the past 4 days and I'm paying for it. My moods have been out of control (due to crappy food choices), which just fuels more crappy food choices, and it becomes this terrible cycle. TTC stress, financial stress, a little boredom, just general depression.. it all adds up to make this perfect shit storm of 'LETZ EAT ALL THE CHIPZ AND DRINK ALL THE BEER!' 

I know all I really need is a good solid week of healthy, clean food and my mood improves dramatically - it's just tough to get there sometimes :(

Goal Weight OR how are you feeling this week? Goal weight is 155. Was feeling ok at the start of last week but by the end it had fallen apart :(

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? Get to the gym when I'm supposed to, get all my steps in, dance everyday - (this is kindof mandatory as I told a friend I would dance in her show and it's next tuesday and I have no freaking idea what I'm dancing yet. :p)

Any challenges you're facing this week? No - we are home all week with no visitors so it should be pretty easy to keep things together. If I derail, it's my own damn fault.

How did you do with your goals last week? Let us not speak of this. 

Probaby Taekwondo. I used to do it before I broke my elbow and liked it a lot :)

• Goal Weight OR how are you feeling this week?

SW in March: 174 CW: 167, which is up from a few weeks ago. I'm blaming it on AF. GW: In the 150s.

Drink tons of water. Hit 10,000 steps and 10 flights of stairs every day on Fitbit. My boss and I are taking walks together to encourage and support each other.

Other than basic laziness...nope. I have a baby shower to go to this weekend and I hope I don't eat my feelings while there.

Not bad, not good. I didn't hit them most days, but I wasn't a complete potato either.

I'm always mesmerized by the gymnasts. I love watching them perform and compete. Winter Olympics: Ice Skating.

Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Goal Weight OR how are you feeling this week?  SW: 196 CW: ? like 186?  GW: 155ish

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? To exercise every day and to eat better, and eat less.

Any challenges you're facing this week? It's been a rough start to the week already so I need to try to stay on track and not just cave and eat ice cream and junk to try to feel better.

How did you do with your goals last week? Suck.  I'm pretty sure I'm on an anovulatory cycle and I've been bloated and feel awful and just want to eat everything.  *sigh*

GTKY: If you had to pick any Olympic sport to compete in, what would you choose and why?  Archery!  I love archery!  Or possibly ice skating.  I'm a roller skater, but suck at ice skating and always wish I could do the beautiful things they do on ice!

@GrabberBlue2010 Sorry about the depression.  I wish you felt better! 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Goal Weight OR how are you feeling this week? Goal is just to get back in shape, hopefully before getting pregnant again - I worked out religiously before and during my first pregnancy and I truly believe it made the pregnancy more tolerable and my recovery easier.  but then I went back to work and was pumping all the time and ran out of time to work out, so here I am, freshly pump-weaned and ready to get back at it!  I feel good!

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? 3xrun (3.5 miles), 2xspin class, 2xyoga, 2xpilates; try not to go nuts on food

Any challenges you're facing this week? This looks like a pretty normal week.  Though I went to a different Y yesterday for what was advertised as a "deep stretch" class, which is generally yoga...and I got there and was told it was a "barre stretch" class that was way more barre than stretch.  i'll still count it though.  I really really wanted to just stretch since I had run that morning.  I did not want to do more hip exercises.  Sigh.

How did you do with your goals last week? All goals met!  And I managed to only have dessert once!

GTKY: If you had to pick any Olympic sport to compete in, what would you choose and why? OMG Figure Skating, all day every day.  I begged my mom for lessons as a kid, and I was actually pretty decent, but she made me quit after one year because my little sister was TERRIBLE at it and the rink was far away so she didn't think it was worth it to go all the way there if only one of us was taking lessons.  I tell her frequently that her laziness is the reason that I'm not a famous Olympian.  :-)

• @RedBreast35 omg. You are totally in my head. That's exactly how I'm feeling. PMS bloat isn't helping either. I did do 10 miles on the bike the other day and have been going on my daily walks. But that means nothing when I eat whipped cream straight out of the can for dinner. Oops. 

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Left tube removed

• @redbreast35 AF PMS cravings/mental-ness is no joke. I ate a bunch of cheese and chocolate yesterday. I'm in a lot of cramping pain so I haven't moved much - but hopefully they'll be gone today. I have dance rehearsal later so that should be interesting - I'll probably be laying on the floor a lot  :s
  • @RedBreast35 Yes! I packed myself a healthy lunch today (which I just ate) now I am debating running out to get a snack before I have to get back to work.
  • @RedBreast35 UGH stupid dumb AF crappy cramping and all the bloatiness...but I have been eating well this week so at least I stuck to that.  Oh, I also stuck to half a bag of gummy bear yesterday because of CD1.

Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014

• @hezzer78  like this?
    bing  animals nature worm bing

@ahrains Girl, I'm impressed you stuck to gummy bears for PMS cravings!!  I'm all over a pint of Ben & Jerry's on CD1.
  • @hezzer78 M&Ms with obstacles!!!  I love this!
    Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014

• @redbreastt35 OMG yes...I have eaten 4 jumbo Malt Balls, because I'm craving them and can't stop

I feel stupid cramps.... here goes SS.

I know I should do my running tonight, but grilling steak with friends sounds so much better.

@becky010216 That was my excuse last night to sit on my butt....I was perfectly ok with that!

Me:30 DH:35

Dating: 10/25/2005 - Married: 01/10/2009

DD: 4 years Old

TTC Since: June 2016

• Oh man, this week has been crap. I have lived on chocolate covered donuts and smores cupcakes. I do not think I have had one meal that was real food. And with AF here, I am the same of a humpback whale. At least it feels like it..

I am starting the 3 day refresh today though. I am 1 hour and 53 minutes into it and so far so good.  Only 70 hours and 7 minutes to go.

Then I am planning on jumping full force into the 21 day fix on Monday. "Planning".
    **TW**
    Me: 31 / DH: 37
    Married: November 2015
     TTC #1 Since March 2014
    MC: New Years Eve 2014
    Mommy to 4 furbabies
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f14a1

• @GrabberBlue2010 Let me know how your refresh goes!
    Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014

• @grabberblue2010 3 day refresh is an Autumn thing right? Maybe I thought I saw her talking about it once... how does it work?
  • edited July 2016
    @ahrains I for sure will! Heck I may be posting later today when I am going through withdraws. LMAO

@hezzer78 - I am pretty sure Autumn talks about it. I know most of them do. It is 3 shakeology shakes a day (breakfast lunch and dinner). Breakfast you eat fruit. Lunch Fruit, Veggie and a healthy fat, and I think the same for dinner. And then there is a mid morning fiber sweep that you drink. I have not done it yet. I hear it is legit the hardest thing to swallow. We shall see.  No meat or dairy for 3 days. Only water, tons of it. You can have decaf coffee or tea. 

Restricted calories. Only about 900 a day.

But I have heard such AMAZING thing about it. And weening myself off the bad stuff isn't working. LOL

ETA- Doing this on AF should be every interesting.
    **TW**
     TTC #1 Since March 2014
    Mommy to 4 furbabies

• I did the 3 day refresh once!  I enjoyed it and I did lose about 3 pounds!
    Me: 28     DH :28
    Married 12/5/2015
    4 fur babies - 2 cats, 2 dogs
    TTC July 2016
  • I'm a Beachbody lover but I could not handle the 3 day refresh. I gagged the fiber sweep down once. And then threw it up. I was so hungry and angry by the second day I decided it wasn't worth it. But a lot of my friends have loved it! It just wasn't a good fit for me. I'd rather do a super strict 21Day Fix meal plan because at least I was never starving. Haha

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Left tube removed

• Welp - Fiber sweep down. Now I have heard a LOT of bad things about it. Of course, pretty much the same thing @linzrunz said. I actually like it. I am not thrilled about the texture. But the taste is quite delightful. 

@hezzer78 - You just made my day. I want to print that pyramid out to keep forever cause that is truly the paper hat of happiness. LMAO
    **TW**
     TTC #1 Since March 2014
    Mommy to 4 furbabies

• @GrabberBlue2010 My H liked it too! It's too bad I couldn't give you guys mine but still get the benefits. Haha. H and I have opposite tastebuds apparently. I love Shakeology - only MRP I can stomach - and he thinks it's disgusting. 

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Left tube removed

• @linzrunz - Oh trust me, I wish we could all do things that would benefit everyone in our group. How amazeballs would that be?!! I think my DH would be like you with this fiber. He would be gagging all over. I got the cafe shakeo this time around for the refresh and oh em gee <3 !! I agree, shakeo is delish. Most others, not so much
    **TW**
     TTC #1 Since March 2014
    Mommy to 4 furbabies

• @hezzer78 hahaha I legit laughed out loud at that pyramid!! That happiness paper hat could not be any more spot on!!
    Me: 30  DH: 31
    Married 2010
    TTC since Nov. 2015
    BFP#1: 2/8/16
    MC: 3/19/16  :'(
    BFP#2: 9/3/16   EDD: 5/17/17

mommy to the cutest rescue mutt ever.
    my chart
  • I just ate all of the French fries for lunch.  I heart progesterone.  CARBS PLEASE.
  • @hezzer78 Happiness Paper Hat every day! 
    Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014

• edited July 2016
    Well. Day 2 of the refresh has not gone well. I am effing hangry. I have many stories to tell for my first 24 hours. Lmao

I might have eaten stuff i shouldnt have. 

I did start the day off very well. Aaannndddd the fiber sweep is totes doing its job. And i forsee staying on track the remainder of the day. 

This is hard. 

Eta spelling

**TW**
     TTC #1 Since March 2014
    Mommy to 4 furbabies